Login

russian armor

Ostheer MG spam

28 Jan 2017, 14:42 PM

I encountered this tactic two times. First one he rushed my base with 2 mg and 2 falme ht. I resisted to this one but BS ostwind wiped all my squads. What can i do against this?
28 Jan 2017, 15:44 PM

2 mg and spam ?
aaa
28 Jan 2017, 15:54 PM

not much. He would have advantage and you must be much better to counter.
1. radio intercept is a must.
2. If he goes 2+ mg I go sniper into m3.
3. when his bf1 is ready I get T2 and zis.

Important with sniper m3 you must deal damage smth like a squad wipe. Or 222s would ovwrwhelm.
28 Jan 2017, 17:03 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

You picked a terrible build order for this map. You did not need a mortar as your 3rd unit, you didn't even know his army composition yet. If you are going all-in with conscripts you need to go all-in. Keep them moving and try to overwhelm your opponent. In the early game you were throwing 2 conscripts at 2 mgs on one side, you had no hope of winning that. You to either smoke with the mortar, or try to flank them. Head on is useless, a complete waste. While that was going on he was unharrased on the west side of the map and allowed to cap everything. So you are already on the backfoot with no territory control.

Once the mgs were outside your base you still kept trying to frontally assault them. You knew where the mgs were but you kept walking into them. Every time you do this he gets more vet, and you waste time and manpower retreating. Since you had the mortar you need to at least be targeting the mgs with a barrage, it seemed like you always had them on auto fire. Barrage is more accurate and shoots faster, and is free. You could also have fired smoke from the mortar allowing you to close in.

At this point it's pretty much over, he has the whole map, a better position, and more units than you.

Random tips:
- You need to oorah more. It's cheap and lets you get out of the mg arc.
- Instead of trying to avoid the mgs you need to come back from behind and push them off
- Try not to stay too focused on one side of the map
- You lost your engineers and didn't rebuild them, even though he had a bunch of mines down
- Get at-nades if he has vehicles and you have a bunch of cons
- Focus on getting your squads in cover. Fighting the house with cons in the open is a bad idea.
28 Jan 2017, 21:39 PM

Thanks everyone for suggestions. I think i am still newbie to making counter tactics. I always(if he don't use mech. assault.) go mortar for mg's.

https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198058587788
11 Feb 2017, 22:18 PM

Perhaps you could play Wehrmacht with the exact tactic as that opponent and try to find out what it's weaknesses are? I did this vs Wehrmacht sniper start that gave me problems! So I used an early Wehrmacht sniper and just waited to see what kind of weaknesses it had. I found out that deep flanking with an m3 was one of the weaknesses of the sniper as no infantry could protect it and it would be chased to its doom. It helped me a lot.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★