Login

russian armor

[1v1] Ostheer vs Another cheese simcity Brits please review

25 Jan 2017, 22:32 PM

25 Jan 2017, 23:52 PM

I saw one major engagement that possibly cost you the game + several minor things you should work on. Apart from these issues you played well, so just keep your unit preservation/teching/timing/mining work up, it is good.

I watched the replay with FoW on, so these are not hindsight things - just stuff you could've/should've noticed yourself.

The big moment was when you went in to destroy the emplacements with your PzIV. You had a Pak too but you didn't use it, and you need overwhelming firepower to quickly kill emplacements or force brace and then defend yourself while they are in brace. You only went in with the PzIV and then didn't respond to the Cromwell and two PIAT squads attacking it. Leaving your armour stationary against PIATs is a death sentence for your unit, which is what happened.

You could have followed up with your mortar halftrack on the nearly dead Bofors after your PzIV died, but didn't bring it up after the Cromwell withdrew. That basically saved the Bofors, meaning your infantry and Pak could not enter the area for the rest of the match.

Also your Teller placement on the river crossing was poor - had you placed it on the crossing rather than to the side, that Cromwell would've definitely hit it.

The other things:

* You had three Grenadier and two Panzergrenadier squads and used all of them for AI, even though the opponent hardly had any infantry. You could have given your Panzergrenadiers some Panzerschrecks for AT+anti-emplacement work (mortar halftrack smoke on Bofors+Panzerschreck attack could've been one such option)

* At 21 minutes you tried to faust a Cromwell even though it hadn't been hit by your StuG or Pak. Medium and heavy tanks will only receive engine damage from snares if they're at ¬75% health or below at the time the snare is used

* In the latter stages of the match you faced Churchills with your vet1 StuGs but didn't use Target Weak Point even once, meaning they escaped damaged more than once

* You didn't keep your StuGs on Prioritise Vehicles, which is recommended for pure AT units to make sure they don't waste shots and reload time vs non-vehicle targets as enemy vehicles could suddenly appear

* You also had infantry sitting around doing nothing in many instances all throughout the match. You seemed to be waiting for the arrival of your tanks, but even before that happens you should keep up the pressure by taking cutoffs and points when you have such overwhelming infantry advantage

Your opponent abused the permanent+free UC recon much more than emplacements, which should've been an easy kill for you in this match. There are cases of retarded sim city play in this game (most often with the Advanced Cancer Regiment commander) but this one was not it.
26 Jan 2017, 06:41 AM

I think this review is good and helpful, enaught for this time and thid why I set it gree.

Neris if you need more hints about what you did wrong please tell me so someone with strategist badge will give you more descriptive review.

Hector
26 Jan 2017, 07:11 AM

I have played against this British guy too. Looks like he knows what he is doing. I managed to take down his mortar emplacement early on though. He is playing with few infantry squads and is relying mostly on armor + emplacement. In my game it was first time i saw an AVRE (what a beast). If you manage to put down his emplacements and keep good map control, you should be fine.

Here is replay from my match, maybe it will help in some way (although i lost many units in the end because of VP rush - https://www.coh2.org/replay/58870/really-intense-game
26 Jan 2017, 08:40 AM

Sorry if I hijacked the Strategists' job there :|
26 Jan 2017, 14:12 PM

Sorry if I hijacked the Strategists' job there :|

Now you didn´t. Actually ANYONE can respond to ANY thread in state office except Ask the strategist thread (no shiiit :) ). Ofcourse you have to write everything in more polite manner than in coh2 BALANCE shrine and so on.

We strategist have keeping state office clear and giving everyone good response both in normal threads and replay threads. It doesn´t really mind if that post is from one of "us" or from "normal" coh2.org member as long as that post is helpful and OP doens´t have anything against it or needs aditional questions, we sometimes even mark replay thread as closed so we can focus our manpower elsewhere.

If you are interested about job of strategist or want to help people on more regular basic PM me ;)

Hope I described it well, Hec
26 Jan 2017, 14:39 PM

Snip

Ah, good to know it was okay to take on the task of giving advice in here.

I am planning to focus on playing 1v1s and if I feel I can contribute with my experience to threads like this one in the Ask the Strategist section, I will PM you for sure. Cheers.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★