Login

russian armor

Ostheer bulletins

22 Jan 2017, 13:17 PM

So i have 4000 supplies and i think about buying 2-3 of them. Are there any "must have" bulletins? Or is it just a personal preference? In this case, should i stick with grens bulletins as noobie player? I would be glad to hear some advice.
22 Jan 2017, 13:34 PM
Donator 11

Most bulletins have no meaningful effect on gameplay. For ostheer the ones that are most worth using are gren bulletins: the bronze one, the golden one and the one with a grenadier portrait on it. These are good becouse they buff the unit that you will use quite a lot through whole game.

Other bulletins that can also actually be felt to work on the battlefield are:
1. MG-42 RoF bulletin - makes it supress faster.
2. Ostwind MG supression bulletin - ads new feature to a unit
3. P4 reload bulletin - becouse it has very high 5% decrease value.
Apart from these there is nothing useful there as long as you don't play with some strange ostruppen into pgrens strategy - then you can use the pgren accurancy bulletin that also affects the ostruppen.

PS. Never use any heavy vehicle bulletins - they may look kind of cool in some cases but the buffed vehicle simply won't be on the battlefield long enough for the bulletin to make any difference. Or you will have to adapt to your opponents strategy and choose a doctrine that doesn't even feature it. In shorter games, even the medium tank bulletins I listed may not be worth it.
22 Jan 2017, 13:51 PM

6% off teller mines. 7% range increase on faust and 4% less on faust. goes with any build
22 Jan 2017, 13:55 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2017, 13:51 PMDAZ187
6% off teller mines. 7% range increase on faust and 4% less on faust. goes with any build

The range may be worth it but I would argue that in case of the other two the change is so negligible it doesn't matter. They give you 3 and 1 muni per use respectively and these are not even the main muni dumps for ostheer... You won't get more than 20 through whole game with both.
22 Jan 2017, 13:59 PM

ostwind and p4 are both mid game units.

there are far better bulletins then those two. u should always have units u start early game with in ur bulletins.

22 Jan 2017, 14:02 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2017, 13:59 PMDAZ187
ostwind and p4 are both mid game units.

there are far better bulletins then those two. u should always have units u start early game with in ur bulletins.

Well, isn't it in my post? They are listed there becouse they affect the gameplay in a meaningful way, not becouse they will change the outcome. The only ones that are really changing things are the gren ones I listed at the beginning.
22 Jan 2017, 14:15 PM

Stug III armor bulletin
Stug III penetration bulletin
Stug III Turn speed bulletin

Make your enemies cry tears in stug
22 Jan 2017, 14:44 PM

I find the vet bonus bulletins more useful than others - units gain much more powerful offensive and/or defensive bonuses with vet compared to minuscule accuracy/RoF/speed/etc bonuses from bulletins, so getting to those meaningful bonuses quicker is more useful than having negligible 2-5% effects IMO.

So if you use early-mid game units that can use 5-10% vet gain bonus bulletins (Panzergrenadiers, Panzer IV, Mortar, HMG, StuG and some others) and deploy two or more of them, I would say use the vet bulletins.
22 Jan 2017, 15:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2017, 13:17 PMTaurus
So i have 4000 supplies and i think about buying 2-3 of them. Are there any "must have" bulletins? Or is it just a personal preference? In this case, should i stick with grens bulletins as noobie player? I would be glad to hear some advice.

Bulletins are usuless and only have placebo effect. Period. Buy rather good commaders, they actually change something.

Best ones are those whitch work with veterancy or acuraccy like grenadier +3% acc or panzergrenaider +10% vet rate. Other are useless
22 Jan 2017, 17:12 PM

Ok, thanks everyone for their opinion
22 Jan 2017, 20:39 PM

Bulletins are usuless and only have placebo effect. Period. Buy rather good commaders, they actually change something.

Best ones are those whitch work with veterancy or acuraccy like grenadier +3% acc or panzergrenaider +10% vet rate. Other are useless

You are forgetting the PAk43/AT gun 50% decrease build time.
Also forgetting the 50% decrease in artillery (Katy/PzWerfer/ML20/LeFH).

These are very powerful bulletins
23 Jan 2017, 09:36 AM

Apart from these there is nothing useful there as long as you don't play with some strange ostruppen into pgrens strategy - then you can use the pgren accurancy bulletin that also affects the ostruppen.

the pgren bullitins don't affect osttruppen. I don't know why I keep seeing people saying this. But the grenadier bullitins also work for osttruppen, so you can use the accuracy bonus from this to pretty good effect.

https://coh2db.com/bulletins/index
V-T
23 Jan 2017, 12:34 PM

Does for example accuracy or reload bonus stack? Or does it just add up? I mean, when unit has basic value reload time lets say 10 seconds, you give bulletin -5%, so it takes 9.5 secs to load. It gets veterancy bonus, lets say -20% to reload... Is the new reload time original x 0.8 x 0.95 or original x 0.75? (Just pulled the numbers outta my head)

Just an example. If they do stack up, in some cases bulletins could have a major effect.

23 Jan 2017, 13:01 PM

The only "must" bulletin for ostheer would be the mine cost bulletin, atleast that has some kind of an effect on the game on in general. Other two you should just take the basic inf bulletins that buff grens, no need to go fancy with them tbh
24 Jan 2017, 05:31 AM

My bulletins, and I've probably not changed them for about 2 years, is 5% cooldown on grens, 2% reload/2% cooldown, and 3% accuracy.

I like to think that after a bajillion matches, perhaps it's in a few instances made the difference between a win and a loss in some close games. Maybe.
11 Mar 2017, 09:22 AM

I've experimented a lot with bulletins, they do have a minor effect on the game and some are better than others. They will not win you games though.

Ones I regularly use depending on my commanders:

Accuracy bulletins for infantry are very good:
+3% Accuracy Grens
+3% Accuracy PGs
+5% Accuracy Mortar
+3% Accuracy MG42

Range bulletins for Artillery
+5% Range for Werfer

Reload for Tanks and AT
+5% Reload for P4
+4% Reload for Pak40

The +10% reload for MG42 deserves a special mention, it effects set up time, building repositioning, and how fast incendiary rounds start. If you use your MG42s in a mobile, offensive capacity, accompanying your infantry then take it.

Lately I've been using the Tiger Ace +10% vision bulletin, I just love it. But of course you are locking yourself in to a particular commander.

The +3% Movement, +2% Accuracy bulletin for Stormtroopers will stack with the +3% Accuracy for PGs, for +5% Accuracy and +3% Movement on Storms, I use these two with the Tiger Ace bulletin quite often recently with Elite Troops.

The +5% Reload for P4/T34 is the best bulletin in the game, IMHO. I would take it instead of the Tiger Ace vision for more flexibility in choosing commanders. When I play soviet it has a hallowed place in any loadout.

The 5% Mortar accuracy bulletin is incredible, the 5% reduction is on the scatter radius, which means the total area in which a shell lands is reduced as a quadratic function of the radius, which is a lot. This is also why the Werfer range bulletin is so good, as the hit radius is reduced in size for the same range shot.

I do not like extra Armour or Penetration, reduced cost, or reduced build. Extra XP can be good, but I have no problem vetting my units, so I only take that for the King Tiger when playing OKW.

Happy Hunting
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS