Login

russian armor

The 'King of the Hill' event by Stormless

15 Feb 2017, 12:58 PM

How about instilling a rule that the KoTH has to rotate all 5 factions to win the final prize. The King would be free to choose which order they are going to utilise the available factions.

I am guessing that from the perspective of the audience it might seem quite 'dry' seeing the same playstyle repeat itself every weekend. From the balance-team's perspective, we can't really evaluate how the changes affect non-Brit matchups.

Alternatively, you can continue with the same ruleset and, hopefully, that will precipitate adding the problem faction/commander to the scope sooner rather than later.

15 Feb 2017, 14:22 PM
Senior Referee Badge

How about instilling a rule that the KoTH has to rotate all 5 factions to win the final prize. The King would be free to choose which order they are going to utilise the available factions.

I am guessing that from the perspective of the audience it might seem quite 'dry' seeing the same playstyle repeat itself every weekend. From the balance-team's perspective, we can't really evaluate how the changes affect non-Brit matchups.

Alternatively, you can continue with the same ruleset and, hopefully, that will precipitate adding the problem faction/commander to the scope sooner rather than later.

Nice idea, +1
Good for the people watching as well indeed so we don't see brits every game ;)
15 Feb 2017, 14:22 PM

I support this idea
15 Feb 2017, 15:44 PM

Invissed two posts for off topic and one for quoting a post.
20 Feb 2017, 13:29 PM
Senior Caster Badge

TOURNAMENT UPDATED

Thanks for the moderation here. I didn't mind the topic regarding Brits power in this game actually as it is a valid point.

Currently this tournament has produced great results for 4 factions and terrible results for Brits who are quite clearly going to dominate the next patch.

RULE CHANGES

Format

The King will be able to choose his faction after his first win. He must then successfully win with each of the factions in order to receive the prize (A total of 6 games) i.e OKW, USF, SOV, OST, UKF. The King can decide which order he plays the factions to still allow for the strategic faction pick vs opponents.

In addition to this new format we will be implementing the following restrictions for the British Factions;

Commanders

The following commanders are now banned

• Mobile Assault Regiment
  • Tactical Support
  • Advanced Emplacement Regiment

Units

After careful consideration and thought about the 'Comet' tank. I have decided that this will still be allowed in the tournament this week. If the comet is still over performing in games where commander abilities are not aiding it's success then it will be reviewed.
20 Feb 2017, 13:46 PM

lul, that's pretty harsh rule, i doubt that anyone would be able to win with each faction, only like OKW, brits and USF seems reliably good, and ostheer and soviets sucks now
20 Feb 2017, 14:18 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

lul, that's pretty harsh rule, i doubt that anyone would be able to win with each faction, only like OKW, brits and USF seems reliably good, and ostheer and soviets sucks now

You know that in the 4 cups sunday we had 1 single USA game, right? :)
20 Feb 2017, 14:55 PM

You know that in the 4 cups sunday we had 1 single USA game, right? :)

so what? doesnt change a fact that USA is still OP faction, slightly nerf on rifles and on stuart isnt enough
20 Feb 2017, 15:05 PM

TOURNAMENT UPDATED

Thanks for the moderation here. I didn't mind the topic regarding Brits power in this game actually as it is a valid point.

Currently this tournament has produced great results for 4 factions and terrible results for Brits who are quite clearly going to dominate the next patch.

RULE CHANGES

Format

The King will be able to choose his faction after his first win. He must then successfully win with each of the factions in order to receive the prize (A total of 6 games) i.e OKW, USF, SOV, OST, UKF. The King can decide which order he plays the factions to still allow for the strategic faction pick vs opponents.

In addition to this new format we will be implementing the following restrictions for the British Factions;

Commanders

The following commanders are now banned

• Mobile Assault Regiment
  • Tactical Support
  • Advanced Emplacement Regiment

Units

After careful consideration and thought about the 'Comet' tank. I have decided that this will still be allowed in the tournament this week. If the comet is still over performing in games where commander abilities are not aiding it's success then it will be reviewed.

now we see even in torunements that this OP Commanders will be banned. Nice...now it cant abuse it important game. (hello hans)

Now the player must show skill and not field OP unit which are no brainers.

Maybe bann the Tank Commander from Comet...really...it is to cheap for this what it does...and make the comet from a super to a super duber tank.

20 Feb 2017, 15:09 PM

Or maybe lets fight the same faction against. On a plane/ mirrored map ...so the players have the same requirements (like in tennis^^)

this will show who have the best strategie&gameplay... and not the best units...
26 Feb 2017, 21:25 PM
Senior Caster Badge

bump

Bump for what?
26 Feb 2017, 21:31 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Bump for what?

Liked the "you have to win with all 5 factions" concept :thumbsup:
26 Feb 2017, 21:33 PM

Stormless thanks for the entertainment.
26 Feb 2017, 22:05 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2017, 21:33 PMhound54
Stormless thanks for the entertainment.

No worries buddy. Glad you're enjoying the event :)
26 Feb 2017, 22:12 PM

No worries buddy. Glad you're enjoying the event :)

I just wanted to repeat the sentiment from Hound above, while also asking if you could ask either player to replay of that Nail-Biting Game, you know which one... The USF vs OKW game in Lost Glider pretty plz <444>3
26 Feb 2017, 22:26 PM
Senior Caster Badge

I just wanted to repeat the sentiment from Hound above, while also asking if you could ask either player to replay of that Nail-Biting Game, you know which one... The USF vs OKW game in Lost Glider pretty plz <444>3

That was a really good game actually. My suspicion is that we will see more of Sane playing in tournaments now he's had that good introduction.

Most players who have a limelight moment come back for more :)
27 Feb 2017, 10:22 AM

Bump for what?

To get it back to page1 obviously. The tourney was active but this post was buried.

1. There was no KOTH thread in the Events forum
2. There was no other information anywhere else

So instead of getting defensive (unnecessary, it was a good event) how about you work on making relevant info more readily available so your viewers don't have to root around and bump threads on your behalf.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★