Login

russian armor

How to deal with simcity as Ostheer?

21 Jan 2017, 21:12 PM

you can do something but the fact is this sim city(mortar pit+bofor combo) bleed your time and manpower also lost some part of maps easilly , when you destroy it you will find out yourself weak .
as friends said mortar ht+flame ht+ At or stug(jp) can help you to destroy it .
21 Jan 2017, 22:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2017, 21:12 PMSoheil
the fact is this sim city(mortar pit+bofor combo) bleed your time and manpower also lost some part of maps easilly

while not costing the brit player time and manpower, that's the point.

why do so few people see that
21 Jan 2017, 23:23 PM

while not costing the brit player time and manpower, that's the point.

why do so few people see that

Because it would kill the Axis OP meme and all those allied fanboys cant have that.
22 Jan 2017, 00:11 AM

Best method would be to make some mortar halftracks, flame barrage does wonders against emplacements, making two MHT allows you to fight emplacement really well. And if you're having trouble in the late game I will say that picking the Festung Support Doctrine is going to be an awesome choice since you get the howitzer later on, and the mortar half tracks in the early/mid game to deal with the emplacements
23 Jan 2017, 09:48 AM

The backbone of the accursed sim city is the deadly bofors!

It is annoying as fuck and I really think that it is too powerful at wiping on retreat! They might want to consider lowering its damage and give it some suppression instead.

When you're facing the cancer emplacement doctrine, the mortar ht often won't do the trick as the incendary round will bleed you of your much needed munitions and the damage is somewhat negligible if they manage to brace in time.

spotting scopes are nice, because you can get vision on the bofors and shoot it down with AT guns and stugs, or if you want to do it even sooner, then scout with a sniper (Remember to activate hold fire).

Bear in mind though, that if he has a mortar emplacement close to the bofors then you need to reposition your AT gun after each shot, so he dosn't wipe it, thus making the stug more viable.

One of my personal favorites for dealing with it, is if they build the bofors at a place with a blindspot. Then I build a flamer HT and either attack ground directly at the bofors through the shot blocker (if it is something like trees) or if it is an impenetable shot blocker like a wall, then I attack ground right next to the bofors, so it is still affected by the flames. But be caredul, because if the bofors gets sight of you it will wipe in a single volley.

The bottom line of annoyance with the sim city strat, is that it takes much more skill to counter than it does to implement, and even though I win more that loose when I face it, the matches are much less enjoyable and uninteresting because the opponent is just much more passive and focused on fortifying strategic points rather than trying to actually engage and outplay me.
24 Jan 2017, 23:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2017, 11:08 AMNeris
I am tired of this. Every single game vs Brits = simcity. How to deal with this? 1v1.

Knowing your opportunities is step one, if you cant recognize them there is no build order thatll help you.

You basically have 4 options:

1. AT gun. Attack ground at range. Doesnt always work but when it does its the cheapest solution.

2. Flames of any kind. If its a bofors, makes it tricky.

3. STUGS! (my fave option) 2 stugs will wreck any brit building in ~3 volleys. Run them up there, get them to pop brace or die. Fall back and support your infantry that you send in to clear out the rats.

4. Panzershreks are cool, high dmg to emplacements but panzergrens are the squishiest elite IMO. Run them up with a pio squad and if they pop brace, plant a mine next to their structure and attack ground w/the shreks.

Honorable mention to mortars and arty but, i find them too slow to rely on (mortar) or too late in the game to be effective at seizing the initiative (Arty), you ultimately have to get up close and personal. ALSO, having to babysit/micro your mortars like that for brit buildings kind of nerfs the autofire support feature you are supposed to gain by building such a thing.

Thats just my two cents but what do I know after playing the game for a decade almost? I know nothing!

Good luck!
V-T
25 Jan 2017, 07:44 AM

Yesterday thought of hidden luchs (cautious movement) and a leIG for OKW, but this combo comes a little late. But in mid-late game it could work as a cheap way to deal with petty fortifications.

That sniper / at combo is actually something new worth trying for! Usually the spotting is the hard part and sadly i don't think it works against mortar pits, as mortar clears AT gun in two or three rounds.
25 Jan 2017, 10:43 AM

#you can get vision on the bofors and shoot it down#

The Brits are clearly OP if their AA emplacement can now fly too.
25 Jan 2017, 22:33 PM
V-T
27 Jan 2017, 10:39 AM

I haven't had time to test it but does a Stuka 50kg bomb oneshot a mortar pit or a Bofors?
27 Jan 2017, 12:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2017, 10:39 AMV-T
I haven't had time to test it but does a Stuka 50kg bomb oneshot a mortar pit or a Bofors?

NO!!!It does literally no damage to emplacements
27 Jan 2017, 14:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2017, 10:39 AMV-T

Yes if it´s not braced.

Will ony ticke it when braced thought
5 Apr 2017, 12:24 PM

Paks + sniper spotting/spotting scope on 222
17 Apr 2017, 23:50 PM

1. Arty the shit out of it
2. Charge your units when they brace
3. gg
18 Apr 2017, 00:14 AM

destroying simcity is the easiest thing in this game. If you can't do it you really need to start training especially as WM since they have every tool in the book available.

get 2 ATs, use Pio to spot and gun it down.

or use flamer HT, they can kill even braced emplacements in seconds.

but other things works too, incendiary MG42, shreked PGs, mortars, mortar HT flame barrage, 222.

hell pretty much everything. But ATs are the most effective of them all
15 May 2017, 11:27 AM

its really hard for all to deal with it , those some advices are the only works you can do(not as counter)
like mortars,flame HT,AT....
15 May 2017, 14:24 PM

Double mortar always beats pits unless you clump them up. Then double mortar whatever else they've got or even use a pak on it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS