Login

russian armor

How to deal with simcity as Ostheer?

20 Jan 2017, 11:08 AM

I am tired of this. Every single game vs Brits = simcity. How to deal with this? 1v1.
20 Jan 2017, 11:18 AM

* Early game: mortar halftrack, including its incendiary rounds. Also 251 halftrack upgraded to flame projectors and burning the emplacements from across sight blockers using attack ground
* Mid- and-late game: LeFH is your friend

The Festung Support Doctrine has mortar halftrack+LeFH.
The Spearhead Doctrine has the mortar halftrack.
The Storm, German Mechanised and Joint Operations doctrines have the LeFH.

In addition, if they go sim city that means they will not have enough reach or units to cap the rest of the map, so ignore their lockdown areas and focus on their decaps and other parts of the map until you can shell/bomb/attack their sim city later.
V-T
20 Jan 2017, 11:39 AM

In a nuthsell:

If they extend their simcity, go around it and rush their base when possible, or bombard it with indirect fire.
If they keep their fortress close to base, just stay away, cap points, and win by attrition.

A normal HT loaded with units can quickly drive to sector, decap it and run away before they even start their barrage. Use this to cut them off, or at least make it harder for UKF to get resources. Later you can drive back and cap it to yourself, when its in the FOW for them. Also a HT loaded with d00ds can quickly move to face different threats. In some ways even better than 222. Load with flame pios and PzGrens, you got a proper counter for normal tommysection, and you can set up minefields as you drive around. Even better if you pick a doctrine with Riegel.

AND KEEP MOVING THOSE UNITS! :D
20 Jan 2017, 12:03 PM

Also, depending on map, in a 1v1 or arranged team games you can go the Encirclement Doctrine and quickly decap their sim city = disconnect them from resources. After the Close the Pocket arty arrives in late game, those decaps will also become the end of that sim city.
20 Jan 2017, 12:25 PM

Some build order? I go all time MG, 3 x Gren, 222, AT Gun, PG and then random.

So should I change to MG, 3 x Gren, Mortar Halftruck, AT Gun, PG? I don't go sniper because my micro is bad and have low apm.

Yeah but 2 mortar emplacements just snipe my units in every fight i take with tommys and after some time I can't destroy them because AT guns cover mortars.

What vehicles should I get? P4? Stug?

Because sometimes brit player goes mortar pits only with AEC so should I just get AT gun with Pgrens and don't waste resources on 222?

I don't care about losing. I just want to learn how to play vs this cancer.

If brit player build mortar/bofor on Halbe then there is no place where I would be out of range and cap safely.

I keep moving units but sometimes I move unit after shot and bam sniped.

For real. What does it exist? I must do 100 things to counter it and brit guy can sit and eat launch while playing.
20 Jan 2017, 12:45 PM
Senior Editor Badge

You can also check out Hans' take on it.

20 Jan 2017, 13:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2017, 12:25 PMNeris
should I change to MG, 3 x Gren, Mortar Halftruck, AT Gun, PG?

If the UKF player didn't go Bofors he can go for AEC so I would avoid going mortar halftrack before I have Pak+Teller mines near the mortar halftrack area to safeguard myself from AEC rush. But otherwise yes, just incorporate the halftrack into the normal build I would say.

2 mortar emplacements just snipe my units in every fight i take with tommys

That's another reason to stay out of their range and cover the rest of the map before you can counter them. IDF weapons are a big problem for infantry units ATM, hopefully it gets better with the February/March patch.

and after some time I can't destroy them because AT guns cover mortars.

If you barrage the emplacements to force brace, you can go in with infantry as braced emplacements have their weapons disabled while in brace. So you can go in, deal with 6pounders and then bring in vehicles to finish off the emplacements once they come out of brace.

What vehicles should I get? P4? Stug?

Emplacements are easy to destroy with either P4 or Stug, so go whichever you need in the match in general.

Because sometimes brit player goes mortar pits only with AEC so should I just get AT gun with Pgrens and don't waste resources on 222?

Probably, but if you go for a doctrine with the spotting scopes upgrade (Jaeger Armor, German Mechanised and one other I can't remember), a 222 upgraded with that will give you massive LoS radius to have sight on the emplacements without being in their range, and that could be beneficial if you're shooting them with your Pak(s).

I must do 100 things to counter it and brit guy can sit and eat launch while playing.

I feel your frustration. Watch the linked video from Hansi and just practice these different methods of countering it. Also remember that going sim city means the UKF player will be lacking units to actively counter you on the field -- knowing that is sometimes an important psychological and practical tool.
20 Jan 2017, 15:02 PM
20 Jan 2017, 15:13 PM

I watched this and it is helpful but enemy is not afk so you must have 300 apm to do all stuff + destroy emplacements + dodge mortar shots.
20 Jan 2017, 15:15 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Replay please, so the Strategists may assist you better.
20 Jan 2017, 17:00 PM

I watched and read a bit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP-Sm9QkdHo
https://www.coh2.org/topic/48652/applying-the-fundamental-skills-of-rts-to-coh2/page/1#post_id486122 + videos from day9tv
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY5Gj6BcZ8Q&list=PLD1QsLnpWUVE1to7A3IC1-bNStIoKnG8F
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iohwFc3yaqE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avFkuz3DrnA&list=PLMJFmZl8aYOf337dGjOP8DlJchPDYWmKn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zroROTSphpY&list=PLwkm_w8wXFhjEX14k1f3Z2EWgYuIFi-Cf

Maybe it will be helpful for other players.

So I know a bit but still I don't have knowledge what 'build order' should I do vs specific faction or what commander in specific situation or when to fight or what cap order I should do on specific map.

My biggest problem is when fights start then I forget to tech/build other units on time so I am floating resources and then my build order is a mess. Other problem is low APM and bad micro with vehicles.

I will upload replay when I will meet simcity brits because I don't have any replay at this moment.

20 Jan 2017, 21:33 PM

https://www.coh2.org/replay/58768/replay-just-for-learning-purposes-don-t-watch

I will give you this replay now. I can't meet Brits with simcity. I will upload with Brits if i meet them and lose badly. I didn't lose since 6 games so I don't have any lose replay :/ .

You can watch on x8 speed for funny wipes and 'topkek' base defense.
20 Jan 2017, 21:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2017, 21:33 PMNeris
https://www.coh2.org/replay/58768/replay-just-for-learning-purposes-don-t-watch

I will give you this replay now. I can't meet Brits with simcity. I will upload with Brits if i meet them and lose badly. I didn't lose since 6 games so I don't have any lose replay :/ .

You can watch on x8 speed for funny wipes and 'topkek' base defense.

Hi, I´m keen on watching this replay, however what do you want to get from it as feedback. You stated that this isn´t losing replay nor against brits simcity and is good for watching topkek funny wipes and base defence.

So the right question remains ? Do you want to get this replay reviewed by me or one of our strategists and get some feedback on what you did wrong.I and other strategists really like to review replays, hovewer this time I don´t really know what you want.
20 Jan 2017, 21:53 PM

You could check what I am doing wrong so review, yes? If you don't want to do it then no problem. I will upload loss game vs Brits when I will have one.

Maybe I should post in different thread, sorry for confusion.
20 Jan 2017, 22:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2017, 21:53 PMNeris
You could check what I am doing wrong so review, yes? If you don't want to do it then no problem. I will upload loss game vs Brits when I will have one.

Maybe I should post in different thread, sorry for confusion.

No, no, no, ofcourse I want to review it, thats why I´m here. I was just little confused because you didn´t state there if you want to review it or not and you also said it´s winning replay (mostly players want to review loses). It has nothing to do with thread.

Next time we will understand each other much better, it wasn´t completely your fault, it was mine as well.

Cheers
20 Jan 2017, 22:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2017, 21:53 PMNeris

Commader loadout

I recommend you changing blitzkrieg and joint doctrine for mobile defence and mobile assault because puma helps you to counter enemy light tanks, so you can use it as panic doctrine when you get swarmed by t70s/ stuarts and mobile assualt is really good doctrine because you can stall with 2 paks and 222 + flamerwerfer into 2x stug e into tiger without spending too much fuel on tier3

protip- if you place your tier1 as near to battlefield as possible your troops will come into key locations sooner and also can reinforce while moving from HQ to battles.

Early game

You did really well super early game, getting his key house with you HMG and forcing his conscripts out by great gren+pio play. You capped that side afterwards whitch was good.

Hovewer you should have pushed on left side as well, only keeping 2 squads as guard of your territory and others should have seized his territory back then.

Mid game

You lost your mortar stupidly there, should have retreated sooner. You did great job with flammercar. Hovewer you need to get pak sooner because fast soviet t70 can ruin your game.

As you can see here, his main house was without defence, all his foces were holding your houses. If you flanked him, got his cut off and seized his house, he would have to abandon positions in order to get his cut off and resources back ,allwing you to get houses while he would be fighting his cut off back.

There isn´t much more to say. Just be more agressive. You was way too passive, you should harass him more, attack his cut off more often and shorten his resources as much as possible. You was winning, he lost many squads.

Lategame

Here you did really well, you´ve got both sides in the end. You should have however got second pak and teched for tier4 and get panther so you can fight of his tank swarms. Imagine if he attacked your tiger first and then your HQ, you would have lost game. Also placing teller mines can help to slow down his tank hunting packs to roam around maps. You always have to be really for this when fighting soviets. 2 paks is mandatory becuase of those t34/76s. Pgrens with schrecks were good idea.

You did really well lategame except keeping your army offguard, whitch he used to almost seize your HQ. Also after you wiped all motars you should have got them to rain shells on him or destroy them by AT gun/ tank/ schreck by ordering troops to attack move them. By clicking on attack move and then on weapon, unit will start attacking that weapon til destroyed.

So, thats it. In future games you should be more agressive in order to seize his cut off, plant more mines, keep yourself better prepared and thats it. Enaught for now. Agression is the key right now, once you wipe his squads and start winning, your build order is good, except that part of being unprepared for tanks. Add 1 more pak to your rooster

Hector
20 Jan 2017, 23:04 PM

I was thinking that as Ostheer I should focus my army on one side and wait for tanks.

I changed my commanders loadout because Stug-E commander and Puma commander don't have plane for vision. I like to have vision, sometimes I am just too scared to push because I have no clue what is behind fog of war. I really like this ability.

About stalling for Stug E and Tiger without P4/Stug. I am kinda impatient about this. If i don't have enough CP points and I have enough fuel to do P4/Stug then I prefer to tech and build instead wait. But I will try to play without P4/Stug and stall for Stug E and Tiger.
21 Jan 2017, 10:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2017, 23:04 PMNeris
I was thinking that as Ostheer I should focus my army on one side and wait for tanks.

I changed my commanders loadout because Stug-E commander and Puma commander don't have plane for vision. I like to have vision, sometimes I am just too scared to push because I have no clue what is behind fog of war. I really like this ability.

About stalling for Stug E and Tiger without P4/Stug. I am kinda impatient about this. If i don't have enough CP points and I have enough fuel to do P4/Stug then I prefer to tech and build instead wait. But I will try to play without P4/Stug and stall for Stug E and Tiger.

If you´re winning and have fuel for tech and p4 before 7CP (time when stuge arrives), then go panzer4 ofcourse. However allies have early game dominancy and I found, ostheer often doesn´t have resources to tech and get p4 in time, then 2x stug e is ofcourse better than 1xp4
21 Jan 2017, 10:45 AM

21 Jan 2017, 12:32 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Double Mortar with reinforcement half track is nice.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★