Login

russian armor

Poll: The Land Matress

PAGES (7)down
24 Jan 2017, 04:22 AM

the first Thread was about the strong LM...a day later, where i seen that much user say the same..i want to know how much other think it is to strong. So i made the poll.

And..we see...3/4 from all voters think it is to strong. 1/4 are brit players...so they dont want that their fav will be change/ nerf. I understand...but its perform clearly to strong for its price.

And the other 75% are axis players. You'd have to be insane to think land mattress is worth complaining about. Don't forget the 350 manpower and its tiny range coupled with long setup time, long barrage time (mixed blessing) and vulnerable infantry crew, which means its really really easy to steal. Like really easy. Easiest unit in the game to steal.
24 Jan 2017, 08:39 AM

And the other 75% are axis players. You'd have to be insane to think land mattress is worth complaining about. Don't forget the 350 manpower and its tiny range coupled with long setup time, long barrage time (mixed blessing) and vulnerable infantry crew, which means its really really easy to steal. Like really easy. Easiest unit in the game to steal.

what a big fail from you...it is the easiest unit to steal?? I dont want to blame u..but this unit can`t retreat...and every unit which can retreat is much easier to steal than LM.

u cant steal it in 2v2 or above..to many enemy units will kill ur models after take it.

maybe u shoulend play vs easy AI!?
24 Jan 2017, 09:48 AM

Long setup time, long barrage time, slow movement speed and short range turn it into easy prey for ambushes and counter artillery. Learn to counter.

this, and thats the reason why i dont like it, for me crocodile is so much better and more fun to use versus blobs
24 Jan 2017, 13:04 PM

what a big fail from you...it is the easiest unit to steal?? I dont want to blame u..but this unit can`t retreat...and every unit which can retreat is much easier to steal than LM.

u cant steal it in 2v2 or above..to many enemy units will kill ur models after take it.

Tell me, have you ever used a Land Mattress? Or any British unit for that matter?
24 Jan 2017, 13:42 PM

Tell me, have you ever used a Land Mattress? Or any British unit for that matter?

Yeah...yesterday the last time. It is ever game the same...build 2 of them..and own the enemy line with this beast....3-4 strikes on OKW base trucks...and the will left the game.

if u manage to save the LM behind ur lines.. (its easy with a bofos&pak in their back) u can bomb the enemy back into the stoneage. nothin speacial skill need...the LM wipes all.

every game, every strike.
25 Jan 2017, 07:06 AM

Exactly you idiot. It can't retreat. Which is why it's so EASY TO STEAL. How does that not make sense? Mortars and hmgs can retreat to avoid being stolen. So land mattress is easy to steal. Sure if you try to go all commando on their ass and steal it while it's behind their lines it won't work, but if you roll up with a decent or sizable force during its 20+ second period of vulnerablility and loud advertisement of existence (long setup/teardown time + long and noisy barrage) then you wil probably steal it. It has the shortest range of all artillery units in the game, and is infantry crewed. If you can't steal it, just destroy the gun after you kill the three tommies manning it (4th guy doesn't count as after three it's considered abandoned). So yeah, it is easy to steal, or, failing that, completely destroy. May I remind you that that is 350mp down the drain for a faction that doesn't have cheap infantry in any sense.
25 Jan 2017, 07:07 AM

Yeah...yesterday the last time. It is ever game the same...build 2 of them..and own the enemy line with this beast....3-4 strikes on OKW base trucks...and the will left the game.

if u manage to save the LM behind ur lines.. (its easy with a bofos&pak in their back) u can bomb the enemy back into the stoneage. nothin speacial skill need...the LM wipes all.

every game, every strike.

And this is different than other rocket arty because...
25 Jan 2017, 07:18 AM

Also, I just want to point out that literally every single post except one in the OP creator's recent post history is bitching about anything and everything that the allies have. Ptrs op, literally everything British op, pak deserves barrage ability like zis. He even complained that Stuarts with engine damage move too fast and that friendly fire apparently has a greater effect on axis. Dafuq?

Anyone wondering what that one other post was, it's him saying English isn't his native language to some guy who insulted his communication skills, which is a low blow, regardless of your opinion on the guy.
25 Jan 2017, 08:16 AM

LM needs to be more expensive to punish the brit player from getting too many LMs and delay teching, maybe the fuel cost around the kat is a good spot
25 Jan 2017, 08:21 AM

And this is different than other rocket arty because...

I tell you the differences:

- its much cheaper than other rocket artis
- its comes earlier than the most others
- it shot much more rockets (PW: 10 // LM: 30)
- its easy recrewable after a counter barrage (other rocket artie will be destroeyed in most cases)
- its deal alot more dmg than othe rocket artis
- its easy spamable cause of cheapness
25 Jan 2017, 08:24 AM

Exactly you idiot. It can't retreat. Which is why it's so EASY TO STEAL. How does that not make sense? Mortars and hmgs can retreat to avoid being stolen. So land mattress is easy to steal. Sure if you try to go all commando on their ass and steal it while it's behind their lines it won't work, but if you roll up with a decent or sizable force during its 20+ second period of vulnerablility and loud advertisement of existence (long setup/teardown time + long and noisy barrage) then you wil probably steal it. It has the shortest range of all artillery units in the game, and is infantry crewed. If you can't steal it, just destroy the gun after you kill the three tommies manning it (4th guy doesn't count as after three it's considered abandoned). So yeah, it is easy to steal, or, failing that, completely destroy. May I remind you that that is 350mp down the drain for a faction that doesn't have cheap infantry in any sense.

Ah...now i understand...u think the LM is not behind the front...and there is no bofors, and the brit player is a fully dumb idiot, who think like a monkey and play like dead horse.

ah..i dont know in which skill level you play...but the most brit player (me included) know that the LM must behind the front and should be save by a bofors and a pak...
and should be run after its barrage...and dont should stay at the the same place (only noobs do that)
25 Jan 2017, 08:40 AM

And maybe to all the other critics: its not only my opinion...look to the poll: 3/4 all voters see it like me.

so maybe u should ask yourself, if you are a brit user and dont want they nerf your OP stuff.
25 Jan 2017, 09:45 AM

Just bind it to teching, same with all call in artillery, including the CalliOP. As Soviets and Ostheer you need to get the last tier to get mobile rocket artillery, this should be the case for UKF and USF too.

OKW gets its rocket artillery at a lower tier, but if you go for it in a 1v1, it will mean no tanks for you in the near future.
25 Jan 2017, 10:04 AM

Just bind it to teching, same with all call in artillery, including the CalliOP. As Soviets and Ostheer you need to get the last tier to get mobile rocket artillery, this should be the case for UKF and USF too.

OKW gets its rocket artillery at a lower tier, but if you go for it in a 1v1, it will mean no tanks for you in the near future.

This is buff for LM. T3 is more soon then 8CP.
25 Jan 2017, 10:09 AM

So because the weapon can be captured it deserved to be OP? lol
Honestly how the fk do you let a LM get captured anyway???!!! it can fire safely from distance, its not like the PZwerfer were you have to close in
25 Jan 2017, 10:13 AM

Well, I hope the mortar pit is easier to fight...
25 Jan 2017, 12:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2017, 10:04 AMAradan

It would still require 8CP to be build so it could not come any sooner than now but only at the same speed or later.

The thing is that the game is balanced around 1 v 1 where the land mattress is no big problem. If a Brit goes LM he won't have enough fuel for tanks and have the armor disadvantage.

In team games you have a mate to compensate for that. The Brit can bunker in with a mortar pit + bofors to lock down 2 VPs and then barrage the hell out of everything with multiple land mattresses.

All of you have to keep in mind that Germans are much more vulnerable to Allied arty because of the following reasons:

Ostheer:

• Small Troops (Only 4 men for all squads besides Osttruppen)
  • The faction relies heavily on its superior support weapons in pair with defensive gameplay: Mortars, MG42, PaKs, are all countered by artillery.

OKW:
  • Designed around frontline HQs that get destroyed with only few LM barrages
  • Extremely high costs for armor -> No AT capabilities without Raketenwerfers that get easily wiped with the LM.

Meanwhile allied troops (beside Brits) don't face the danger of full wipes with artillery that much. Five/Six men squads usually guarantee one or two survivors even after a critical hit. Also Mortar Pits have a huge range and can only be effectively countered by LeIGs which are wiped by LM barrages.

Don't nerf the LM into a useless state. But reduce the barrage duration and rockets. Panzerwerfer and Stuka have one single barrage whereas the Land Mattress has 30 rockets with a barrage that lasts about 10 seconds. You can't retreat your troops without the high risk of getting wiped while on retreat. Not speaking about PaKs that cannot retreat and die almost 100% because of the huge area of effect the LM has.

The LM commander is just too good. The commandos can wipe the floor with everything that is left after a LM barrage because they can spawn instantly at any building which is stupid. Make commandos appear from the glider just like the ones in other doctrines.
25 Jan 2017, 13:53 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

...that friendly fire apparently has a greater effect on axis. Dafuq?

While he is QQing too much, that part is actually correct. LeFH (or all other Howitzer like arty including Priest/Suxton), Pwerfer, Shock nade and Stuka Napalm have the FF in the "wrong" category.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/58531/friendly-fire/post/585387

And maybe to all the other critics: its not only my opinion...look to the poll: 3/4 all voters see it like me.

I think most people won't have the same POV as you but most people would agree the unit is on the strong side on 2v2+.

The problem from biased points of either side is that you can't arrive to the correct answer of why something is overpowered.
LM is not as good as ANY OTHER rocket artillery in killing SINGLE squads but will shine on obliterating a zone dense of troops (hello 2v2+).

As i said before on another thread, start by replacing the extra +25% damage it gets at vet2 which is one of the biggest reason the unit ends up as a wipe machine later on during the game.

AND 0.03/0.03 Friendly fire category should go to 0.20/0.20.
25 Jan 2017, 14:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2017, 10:04 AMAradan

No, it requires 8 cp, then it requires you to have t3 and then it requires another build cost.

This will delay it arguably.
25 Jan 2017, 15:34 PM

No, it requires 8 cp, then it requires you to have t3 and then it requires another build cost.

This will delay it arguably.

If there's 8cp floating around and you don't have brits' t3 I don't know what's going on.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 9
Germany 366
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %