Login

russian armor

Do you enjoy playing against the AI?

16 Jan 2017, 19:35 PM

For all the fellow compstompers out there, I've just released a small (less than 1 MB) mod. The tl;dr is that it's a Tuning Pack which aims to make games versus the AI more enjoyable.

Some highlights:

- Bridges are no longer near indestructible (health and armor reverted to what they were a couple of years ago)

- Rarely used units such as the Soviet KV-1 and KV-2, the OKW Flak Emplacement, the USF M8 Greyhound and the UKF Valentine Tank, just to mention a few, have been improved

- The baseline infantry of all factions can now build sandbags and trenches

- The baseline engineers of all factions can now build razor wire, reinforced steel barricades and tank traps

- Mortars can now be garrisoned inside trenches

- The AS.58 Horsa Glider HQ (from the UKF commander ability) is now repairable

- The Tuning Pack does NOT include any custom units or make any aestethical changes to neither units, abilities nor the user interface (which I personally think is a plus, as I don't enjoy mods that make the game feel like a different one)

You can find the modification, as well as the full changelog, on the Steam Workshop:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=843738235
16 Jan 2017, 20:05 PM

Hello, very nice job with the mod.

A few suggestions from a fellow OKW and UKF comp stomper as well as modder:

I've found myself quite a few times now preferring the old MG34 call in for the OKW to the new requirement that you have at least 1 other HQ truck on the field, and I think the T0 MG works very well for both the Wehr and Brits, so if it's not too much trouble for you, could consider removing the requirement?

Also another thing, I've mentioned it a few times now, but, if possible, again, for you to give the British a mobile 3inch mortar team in their 2nd HQ building and make the mortar pit into a garrisonable emplacement for the mortars, I've done it myself and I've seen it done with other mods, from which I got the idea from.

I just hate how the mortar emplacement becomes useless after the fighting around has ceased and you need to move out, and I find myself using the bofors and 17 pounder less and less, especially the 17 pounder, I pretty much never deploy it.

I can even give you instructions on how to do it if you like, here's my Steam profile so you can add me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/A_Soldier/

The final suggestion I would like to propose to you was the ability for team weapons to deploy their own cover, ie either sandbags or something like the old British emplacements from CoH, since I think they're still in the game files but I think that would be pushing it and would prove to be too complex.

But if you do my first 2 suggestions I would enjoy your mod even more, cheers and have a nice day.
18 Jan 2017, 14:41 PM

Thank you, and thanks for the suggestions.

Although I do like all three of your suggestions, I think at least the latter two are outside of this modification's scope. Removing the requirement on the MG34 seems like a fair deal, especially now that the Kübelwagen has a very small (5) fuel cost. I've added it to my to-do-list, and I'll see if I can add it in after I've done some changes to artillery abilities (somewhat similar to the ones I've made to the airplane abilities).

Have a nice day.
18 Jan 2017, 18:17 PM

A member of our clan does AI programming across various games dating back 20 years. He created a mod that only alters the AI, i.e. no changes to whatever the release game is at the moment.

The AI changes prevent it from map-hacking, click-reading, anything that allows the AI to know what you are going to do (where you are throwing your grenade, where you barraged, what unit you clicked on, etc.). To compensate he buffed the bonuses the AI receives. He was also able to "teach" the Sov and OH AI some builds based on priority. He can't do anything with OKW, USF, and UKF because Relic changed how they work and a lot of the stuff are hardcoded.

When we aren't doing intraclan matches, we will sometimes play versus that AI. Night and day versus the default AI. Much better and much more fun.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 20

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight