Login

russian armor

The Churchill could do with a buff.

15 Jan 2017, 22:43 PM

Sherman sweeper was better, not only swept mines but also shred nazis :megusta:

Sorry for the :ot:

yeah the one with the chains lol, insane!
16 Jan 2017, 00:24 AM

to see how good Churchill is it is necessary to nerf oppness of Comet
16 Jan 2017, 06:52 AM

Maybe lower the fuel cost of Anvil and switch Comet's phosphorus round ability to Churchill? That would improve its sinergy with Firefly, while cost reduction would make it more viable in certain scenarios.
16 Jan 2017, 07:30 AM

16 Jan 2017, 08:49 AM

The argument is more along the lines that the Comet and Cromwell need to be adjusted to allow for room for the Churchill to be viable. At the moment there it no point in getting a Churchill when you can get a Comet that bounced 88 rounds, one shots squads, and has a great gun while also being nimble as hell and great for diving with the hammer engine boost.
16 Jan 2017, 09:12 AM

The argument is more along the lines that the Comet and Cromwell need to be adjusted to allow for room for the Churchill to be viable. At the moment there it no point in getting a Churchill when you can get a Comet that bounced 88 rounds, one shots squads, and has a great gun while also being nimble as hell and great for diving with the hammer engine boost.

Yeah... that seems to be the problem. It's not a comet. So I think some things need to be changed on both sides of the Company command post to make the choice of teching more of a choice.
Which would probably mean increasing the tank's armour so that it can also bounce 88 rounds, with reduced health as well (about the same as a KT) to prevent it becoming invincible like it was when it came out. I would also increase the cost back to it's original levels. Another option would be to boost it's anti-infantry capabilities while keeping its AT performance the same, to allow it to form a symbiotic relationship with either a Firefly or a 17 Pounder. The Churchill defends from infantry, the big guns defend from tanks. Maybe change how the smoke works as well. Or give them a WP round (though I don't think they could fire one IRL).
And though many of my fellow British players will hate me for saying it, the Comet could do with a slight nerf in the Anti-infantry department. Along the lines of removing the grenade (though possibly keeping the passive Vet 3 toss) and slightly reducing the range of the WP shell, or keep the range and increase the cost and cooldown, or change it's damage model.
16 Jan 2017, 10:32 AM
Donator 11

Church needs something, it's underutilized but more due to current meta.
16 Jan 2017, 10:53 AM

its main gun needs to do more damage vs infantry. lets not forget vet 3 Churchill repairs its own engine damage.

thats if u can ever get it up to vet 3 lol
16 Jan 2017, 11:00 AM

It is hard to look good, when you are surrounded by far better tanks.
16 Jan 2017, 11:03 AM

Nerfing comet will not help church get better
16 Jan 2017, 11:04 AM

It already does it job as damage soaker so it doesn't need armour buff, and its main gun is already effective vs infantry and it also has decent pen for AT. The reason no one uses it cuz of the over performing comet
16 Jan 2017, 11:05 AM

churchill already have high HP but there is something wrong inside this kind of unit such as this churchill and kv1 they pretend that they didn't use a same gun as T-34 for KV-1 or cromwell for churchill these unit missed a lot of shot like they pretend it to. just replace their gun stats with their own medium tank would be great so they can become infantry support tank buff it other than that will create an issue with these kind of unit. it fine if they didn't good again tank but they actually need to be infantry support tank
16 Jan 2017, 11:06 AM

Nerfing comet will not help church get better

Yes it will, if comet wernt so good, we will be seeing some nice Armour combos such as firefly in combination with Churchill
16 Jan 2017, 11:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2017, 11:04 AMAlphrum
and its main gun is already effective vs infantry and it also has decent pen for AT.

lol you must be playing with a different tank then
16 Jan 2017, 11:07 AM

How about removing Comets and making them doctrinal? I always felt relic added them to the brits just to make them really worth the bucks you paid...
Imo UKF could have all tank-tools they need, if everything worked as it should: Centaur AI, Cromwell good medium, Firefly AT and Churchill infantry support.
I too think, the smoke ability shouldn't cripple the Churchills movement and it could actually be worth the while (and the cost) in its supporting role.
16 Jan 2017, 11:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2017, 11:06 AMAlphrum

Yes it will, if comet wernt so good, we will be seeing some nice Armour combos such as firefly in combination with Churchill

Forums full of crying, if brits have to actually use combined arms.
16 Jan 2017, 11:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2017, 11:06 AMAlphrum

Well, how would use propose changing the Comet? It's already more expansive then the Panther, and while it has more DPS, it lacks in Pen compared to it. All I would suggest would be removing the Mills bomb toss (though possibly keeping the Vet 3 passive toss) and changing how the WP shell works through either range, cost, cooldown, or damage.
16 Jan 2017, 11:22 AM

How about removing Comets and making them doctrinal? I always felt relic added them to the brits just to make them really worth the bucks you paid...
Imo UKF could have all tank-tools they need, if everything worked as it should: Centaur AI, Cromwell good medium, Firefly AT and Churchill infantry support.
I too think, the smoke ability shouldn't cripple the Churchills movement and it could actually be worth the while (and the cost) in its supporting role.

I don't think making the Comet doctrinal would change anything, if not make things worse because it'll become the most, if not the only, used commander. The Comet exists the same way the Panther exists, and almost fills the same roles, the Comet having better AI, the Panther better at AT due to it's higher pen. Though the Comet is more expensive then both Panthers. The problem being that the Comet fills too many roles. Which is why I feel it needs a slight AI nerf.

I feel that changes should also be made to Anvil and Hammer as well to make them more appealing as a whole, rather then just focusing on the tanks.
16 Jan 2017, 11:29 AM

I would give Comet lackluster penetration, it gives breathing room for firefly. Comet would still work great in flanks due heavy tank rear armor nerfs. Comet for flanking attack and Churchill for frontal assault.
16 Jan 2017, 11:42 AM

I would give Comet lackluster penetration, it gives breathing room for firefly. Comet would still work great in flanks due heavy tank rear armor nerfs. Comet for flanking attack and Churchill for frontal assault.

According to CoH2 stats, the Comet already has less pen then it's peers (190 compared to the Panthers 240 or the Jackson's 220 and the Firefly's 240). Maybe a drop to 180 or 170-75, but the tank should still be able to do well against other tanks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS