Login

russian armor

UKF Snares - How to balance?

18 Jan 2017, 14:07 PM

Btw, not all snares have to be equal.

In theory we could
- turn the Heavy Gammon bomb into a v1.6 AT Satchel clone
- Make it unlockable unlockable behind <insert expensive/useless/often-skipped-upgrade-here>
- give Hammer something useless to compensate (so that it unlocks an equal number of things to Anvil)
- do everything that Elchino has identified
- then call it a day.
20 Jan 2017, 06:49 AM

I just find it annoying that it's really hard to punish tankdiving as brits. A panther or pz4 can just yolo in and yolo back out when it hits half health and unless you compound tulips (assuming you bought a firefly) and a gammon bomb (assuming you went hammer and the panzer is retarded enough to get hit by tulips), that tank's probably gonna make it out. Also, if you do get the kill in the way I described, that's like nigh on 200 muni for one tank kill on an overexposed tank. Although really I do think that the best way to do everything as brits is to use a mishmash of units. They get a lot of pretty cool abilities even if most of them did get nerfed to shit somewhere along the way from release to now, and combined arms makes up for some of the random things they lack (snares, for example).

I don't know what my opinion is on whether or not they need a snare, and I'm probably not quite good enough to say anyway, just thought I'd share my thoughts.
20 Jan 2017, 08:26 AM

I just find it annoying that it's really hard to punish tankdiving as brits. A panther or pz4 can just yolo in and yolo back out when it hits half health and unless you compound tulips (assuming you bought a firefly) and a gammon bomb (assuming you went hammer and the panzer is retarded enough to get hit by tulips), that tank's probably gonna make it out. Also, if you do get the kill in the way I described, that's like nigh on 200 muni for one tank kill on an overexposed tank. Although really I do think that the best way to do everything as brits is to use a mishmash of units. They get a lot of pretty cool abilities even if most of them did get nerfed to shit somewhere along the way from release to now, and combined arms makes up for some of the random things they lack (snares, for example).

I don't know what my opinion is on whether or not they need a snare, and I'm probably not quite good enough to say anyway, just thought I'd share my thoughts.

For these cases you can lay some mines. You can give Tommies one Bren and one Piat. Sniper have something like snare (sometimes bugy). Brits AT guns ares quite good. You can get early Cromwell. Comet is comparable with Panther (more AI, less AT). Firefly with appropriately micro is deadly. With good tanks and AT gun, I dont have feeling, that I miss snare.
21 Jan 2017, 02:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2017, 08:26 AMAradan

For these cases you can lay some mines. You can give Tommies one Bren and one Piat. Sniper have something like snare (sometimes bugy). Brits AT guns ares quite good. You can get early Cromwell. Comet is comparable with Panther (more AI, less AT). Firefly with appropriately micro is deadly. With good tanks and AT gun, I dont have feeling, that I miss snare.

Good tips, but Tommies with PIATs aren't a good idea. The out-of-cover reload penalty really hurts them and Tommies lose a not insignificant amount of AI DPS to equip a PIAT. :)
22 Jan 2017, 02:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2017, 02:37 AMSvanh

Good tips, but Tommies with PIATs aren't a good idea. The out-of-cover reload penalty really hurts them and Tommies lose a not insignificant amount of AI DPS to equip a PIAT. :)

Especially since they lose the space for a second Bren as well. I usually put my piats on sappers, since they're so cheap and then they bet real fast so they can repair fadter
22 Jan 2017, 02:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2017, 08:26 AMAradan

I really should lay more mines, to be honest I kinda forget about their existence most of the time.
23 Jan 2017, 16:33 PM

Especially since they lose the space for a second Bren as well. I usually put my piats on sappers, since they're so cheap and then they bet real fast so they can repair fadter

and they have -50% reinforce cost at Vet 3 ! :)
24 Jan 2017, 01:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2017, 16:33 PMBlalord

and they have -50% reinforce cost at Vet 3 ! :)

Yeah that too. I don't really understand why that's a thing (and I believe they are removing it in the wbp).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 131

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight