Login

russian armor

UKF Snares - How to balance?

15 Jan 2017, 10:33 AM

6 pounder is good, but I rather have a pak40. A vet 1 6 pounder is nice and I do fear it, but I still will attack a position where a vetted 6 pounder is stationed.

A vetted pak40? No way, I won't even come near it. I will think twice about attacking a position with a vetted pak40.
15 Jan 2017, 10:58 AM

It's been a while so someone please inform me if the game has changed, but what happened to the .55 sniper? AKA the longest range/most surprising snare in the game?

he's still there, but OP somehow refuses to see that brits have a SNIPER that counters LIGHT VEHICLES

also brits have an ability that MAKES YOUR EMPLACEMENT INVINCIBLE WITH ONE CLICK. that'right, coordinate a well done push just to see it countered by A CLICK ON A BUTTON

also brits have A BONUS RANGE FOR MG IN HOUSES FOR WHATEVER REASON

also brits have trenches THAT CAN'T BE HIT BY OKW AT GUN

soooooo

if brits get a snare, i want all this stuff for axis factions
15 Jan 2017, 11:03 AM

The way to balance UKF Snare:
- Nerf UKF cruiser tanks. Currently they are already too good. With snares they will be godlike
- Definitely change PIATs from what they are in the live version, else RIP everything
- Make it so that Bren gun upgrades are no longer a no-brainer (scoped Enfields should go regardless)
- Make it so that Tommies don't come out so frontloaded. Given that upgrades (snare) now make Tommies useful, they could now stand to be more necessary. This will delay tank-tech
- Remove engine damage from UKF sniper
- Remove accuracy bonus from 6-pounder (no longer necessary if UKF can choose between snares/piats to cover it)
- Rebalance Brit Things (Centaur vet1, Crocodile, Airlanding Officer, Artillery Cover)
15 Jan 2017, 11:27 AM

- Nerf UKF cruiser tanks. Currently they are already too good. With snares they will be godlike
- Definitely change PIATs from what they are in the live version, else RIP everything
- Make it so that Bren gun upgrades are no longer a no-brainer (scoped Enfields should go regardless)
- Make it so that Tommies don't come out so frontloaded. Given that upgrades (snare) now make Tommies useful, they could now stand to be more necessary. This will delay tank-tech
- Remove engine damage from UKF sniper
- Remove accuracy bonus from 6-pounder (no longer necessary if UKF can choose between snares/piats to cover it)
- Rebalance Brit Things (Centaur vet1, Crocodile, Airlanding Officer, Artillery Cover)

Brits dont need snare. Pls dont make all faction the same.

Necessary is only tone effectivity of enemy light vehicles, for ballaced early game (this show future play after WBP will be live).
15 Jan 2017, 12:04 PM

1- Nerf UKF cruiser tanks. Currently they are already too good. With snares they will be godlike
2- Definitely change PIATs from what they are in the live version, else RIP everything
3- Make it so that Bren gun upgrades are no longer a no-brainer (scoped Enfields should go regardless)
4- Make it so that Tommies don't come out so frontloaded. Given that upgrades (snare) now make Tommies useful, they could now stand to be more necessary. This will delay tank-tech
5- Remove engine damage from UKF sniper
6- Remove accuracy bonus from 6-pounder (no longer necessary if UKF can choose between snares/piats to cover it)
7- Rebalance Brit Things (Centaur vet1, Crocodile, Airlanding Officer, Artillery Cover)

1 In relation to their speed or damage/pen? Would even a price increase help there?
2 I assumed the WPB PIATS anyway
3 How so? STG's/BARS/LMG's are no brainers, what would make Brens less so? Bring them in line with the aforementioned? No problem with that.
4 What do you mean by frontloaded?
5 By all means, it's useless anyway as it comes far too late and doesn't engine damage heavier vehicles
6 That's a fair trade in my eyes
7 They all need fixing regardless, ALO charge is insane lol. Centaur needs some love along with vet 1 fix though, its just too slow to be useful 90% of the time!

Oh and erm @DonnieChan Deal, but give UKF a Black prince with the mirrored stats as the KT, just unlock anvil or hammer and call in a BP. Ill leave the rest alone as it's again, bad b8, i r8 0/8.
15 Jan 2017, 12:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2017, 12:04 PMLatch

1 In relation to their speed or damage/pen? Would even a price increase help there?

If you only increase the price, that's going to make Brits the new pre-rework OKW, especially in teamgames. There, camping it out and getting armour meant you could steamroll anything the enemies could field by that point.

3 How so? STG's/BARS/LMG's are no brainers, what would make Brens less so? Bring them in line with the aforementioned? No problem with that.

- STGs are almost no-brainers, except for the fact that they take up both slots.
- Bars, in theory, prevent you from getting LMGs. However they are no brainers anyway. You wouldn't put bazookas on Riflemen either, anyway.
- Grenadiers have non-negligible DPS on the move. Currently the only faction Grenadiers can use that and get away with it are Soviets. Thus, the LMG42 is at least a quasi-no-brainer.

Tommies, unlike other non-ostruppen squads in existence don't have mobility at all (moving DPS). They need to stand still, and at range, to hit anything. Thus, upgrading to Bren guns is a no-brainer.

4 What do you mean by frontloaded?

Vet0 Tommies in cover start with a 0.72 received accuracy (compared to 0.91 for Grenadiers), with rifles that have better DPS when stationary. Part of that received accuracy bonus could be postponed and moved to later Vet levels.

5 By all means, it's useless anyway as it comes far too late and doesn't engine damage heavier vehicles

Having access to snares means that enemy LVs can't just yolodive for the sniper. This would allow the sniper to fire with near-impunity and get to Vet1. At that point all LV investment that the enemy has made is in danger.

Also note that the Brit sniper is the only sniper with 100% accuracy vs garrisons. In live version, where there are no viable anti-garrison tools that's necessary.

The point about the sniper might already be the case in WBP with the new PIATs, but that needs a lot of testing.
15 Jan 2017, 20:36 PM

6 pounder is good, but I rather have a pak40. A vet 1 6 pounder is nice and I do fear it, but I still will attack a position where a vetted 6 pounder is stationed.

A vetted pak40? No way, I won't even come near it. I will think twice about attacking a position with a vetted pak40.

Eh, a vet Pak40 is easily punched out by a molotov and a few decoy conscripts..
Plus that 6 pounder can have the cancer upgrade and has a garrison (throw in some tommies with a Vickers and its lethal as)
15 Jan 2017, 20:46 PM

Eh, a vet Pak40 is easily punched out by a molotov and a few decoy conscripts..
Plus that 6 pounder can have the cancer upgrade and has a garrison (throw in some tommies with a Vickers and its lethal as)

You mean the 17 Pdr, 6pdr is the portable one. Even with that said, p40 > 17P simply for its ability to shoot through shotblockers, that shit's OP as fuck if its placed/defended well. At least with the 17 you need LOS and no shot blockers until vet 1... Vet 1 17Lbr, that will be the day...
15 Jan 2017, 21:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2017, 20:46 PMLatch

You mean the 17 Pdr, 6pdr is the portable one. Even with that said, p40 > 17P simply for its ability to shoot through shotblockers, that shit's OP as fuck if its placed/defended well. At least with the 17 you need LOS and no shot blockers until vet 1... Vet 1 17Lbr, that will be the day...

So you are saying if I put a p40 behind a house, and garrison the house with an MG, no tank will be able to come anywhere near because p40 will shoot THRU house the MG is in?
Holy crap, how have I JUST learnt this?!
15 Jan 2017, 21:21 PM

So you are saying if I put a p40 behind a house, and garrison the house with an MG, no tank will be able to come anywhere near because p40 will shoot THRU house the MG is in?

Not sure if serious but I will bite, but you can indeed. Happens to me all the time and I have no idea how my tank just dropped to half health when there is nothing I can see.
16 Jan 2017, 15:05 PM

He meant p43.
16 Jan 2017, 21:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Invised two posts, carry on everyone.
17 Jan 2017, 09:48 AM

he's still there, but OP somehow refuses to see that brits have a SNIPER that counters LIGHT VEHICLES

also brits have an ability that MAKES YOUR EMPLACEMENT INVINCIBLE WITH ONE CLICK. that'right, coordinate a well done push just to see it countered by A CLICK ON A BUTTON

also brits have A BONUS RANGE FOR MG IN HOUSES FOR WHATEVER REASON

also brits have trenches THAT CAN'T BE HIT BY OKW AT GUN

soooooo

if brits get a snare, i want all this stuff for axis factions

You forget UKF Trenches having a password to enter :p

And if i remember correctly, they can be repaired ?

17 Jan 2017, 10:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2017, 08:25 AMAradan

is viable no more. 90 fuel for risky light AT ? Rush for Cromwell is much more surer way in team games.

In 1v1 I suppose Flak Half Track on cut off point and GG.

PS: sniper versus Flak Half Track? Sucide mission.

If a flak half track on cut off point is GG, what about a Bofor! They both arrive around the same time now.
17 Jan 2017, 13:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2017, 10:10 AMEsxile

If a flak half track on cut off point is GG, what about a Bofor! They both arrive around the same time now.

This know you better, I see you have very much experience. I dont play 1v1. Sometimes I watch pro 1v1, but nobody build bofor. Just spam infantry on both side, for outcaping enemy. Strange, in my games, you have all cap in two min and then just keep forcing the enemy.

In large team games, you can ask for help your teammates to deal with rushing light vehicle. You have more fuel income, is space and time to build catches. Therefore is rush for Cromwell, much more surer way in team games.

I just wanted to alert to changes in ballance AEC and Flak HT.
17 Jan 2017, 13:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2017, 13:31 PMAradan

This know you better, I see you have very much experience. I dont play 1v1. Sometimes I watch pro 1v1, but nobody build bofor. Just spam infantry on both side, for outcaping enemy. Strange, in my games, you have all cap in two min and then just keep forcing the enemy.

In large team games, you can ask for help your teammates to deal with rushing light vehicle. You have more fuel income, is space and time to build catches. Therefore is rush for Cromwell, much more surer way in team games.

I just wanted to alert to changes in ballance AEC and Flak HT.

I just wanted the point that if you've been outplay outplay to the point of a flak halftrack camping your cutoff and you can't do nothing, it has little to do with the flak halftrack.

Now more consistently, honestly try to snare a flak halftrack, you may succeed with cons+hoorra and with a multiple flank but trying to snare it as USF is a good way to lose your squad before the grenade comes out and if it comes out.
17 Jan 2017, 15:17 PM

every factions needs non doc snares flamers and mines. end of discussion
17 Jan 2017, 16:53 PM

The discussion is far from over. OKW didnt get snares til the removal of shrecks. Before that they didnt need them. Whith the new change to piats, i believe the brits dont need snares
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 197
unknown 7
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak