Login

russian armor

Relic Winter Balance Preview v1.5 Update

PAGES (11)down
aaa
15 Jan 2017, 08:32 AM

Okw won both games that i saw yesterday. They were final or last games. Patxh stuff wasnt in use even
15 Jan 2017, 09:12 AM

And brits need snare. And usf brits and one need flamer. And vickers needs ap rounds, and mg42 needs range extension at vet1. Panther should kill inf as well as comet.

Oh wait... now all the factions are the same.

Point is, the game is asymmetric.

The game being asymmetric is one thing. Denying factions access to basic tools is another. Right now OKW doesn't have access to smoke on infantry right off the bat, and using smoke is one of the key elements of gameplay as it is a LoS blocker.
15 Jan 2017, 10:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2017, 08:32 AMaaa
Okw won both games that i saw yesterday. They were final or last games. Patxh stuff wasnt in use even

Paula won the first game because Von threw it hard, he actually rekt paul´s 3 kubel start with nothing but maxims. Then Von went on a derp moment and lost a few maxims by playing bad.

The 2nd game saw Paul throw the game instantly by diving his wc51 into 3 volk squads and losing it. That gave Von so much map control and momentum that Paul couldn´t really come back from it.

Perhaps it is wise to put things into perspective instead of claiming those ´things´ lol.
15 Jan 2017, 11:44 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2017, 03:04 AMFrost

Just rush T2, get a lot of pgrens, hannomag with flamers or 222's or stosstrupen with STGs. Mid distance is your friend and key to victory

pgrens sure are cost effective /s
15 Jan 2017, 11:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2017, 11:44 AMspajn

pgrens sure are cost effective /s

They are when you are keeping them in cover and at mid range. Bundle helps a lot. Just l2use issue imo, most of people doesn't know how to use them propely
15 Jan 2017, 13:48 PM

LeiGH (ISG) need some dislodge power to demolish buildings and Smoke (or phosphorous)
15 Jan 2017, 15:03 PM

The game being asymmetric is one thing. Denying factions access to basic tools is another. Right now OKW doesn't have access to smoke on infantry right off the bat, and using smoke is one of the key elements of gameplay as it is a LoS blocker.

I agree, so let's give usf and ukf non-doctrinal mobile artillery and heavy tanks as well,then give okw smoke in stock.
15 Jan 2017, 15:33 PM

Just an idea for the usf mortar (not even sure if its balanced or a good idea), but what if the mortar got access to an incendiary round kinda like the wehr mortar HT. Maybe lock it behind veterancy and reduce damage to troops out in the open out to make it balanced? I mostly thought of it for garrison clearing, since usf doesn't get any nondoctrinal flame options.
A_E
15 Jan 2017, 15:59 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

My thoughts:

Company of Penals: a respectful plea to our balance mod team.

Summary: please don't overextend and try to rebalance the entirety of Soviet teching through usage of the penal battalion, as it heavily compromises the theme of the design.
15 Jan 2017, 16:02 PM
Donator 11

Just an idea for the usf mortar (not even sure if its balanced or a good idea), but what if the mortar got access to an incendiary round kinda like the wehr mortar HT. Maybe lock it behind veterancy and reduce damage to troops out in the open out to make it balanced? I mostly thought of it for garrison clearing, since usf doesn't get any nondoctrinal flame options.

Doesn't pack howitzer already have phosphorus rounds? And AA HT is pretty good at garrison clearance. You can also get nades.

Not that I'm against your idea, just pointing out that usf already has many building clearance options on all tech paths.
15 Jan 2017, 16:08 PM

I think moloies are just a little bit under performing. They need only a slight adjustment to make the upgrade worth it.

Having the ability to flush units out of cover for low cost is very useful, but the animation is sooooooo slow right now that stupid loops like the model dying and rethrowing and dying, so forth and so on, are very common.

Either the speed of the animation should be moved up to help prevent these stupid loops, or the cost should fall to 10 munitions.

I am assuming that few other changes happen to cons, because if they gain too much utility their cost would not be fair.
15 Jan 2017, 16:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2017, 15:59 PMA_E
My thoughts:

Summary: please don't overextend and try to rebalance the entirety of Soviet teching through usage of the penal battalion, as it heavily compromises the theme of the design.

Somehow the sniper changes were successfully packaged as 'light vehicle' changes so I've been pretty leery as to how restrictive this 'Scope' really is.
15 Jan 2017, 16:45 PM

Somehow the sniper changes were successfully packaged as 'light vehicle' changes so I've been pretty leery as to how restrictive this 'Scope' really is.

Instead of insinuating that the balance team is cheating us and pushing their agenda, please go back and read about the scope of the patch. That was released in all of its gritty details a long while ago.
15 Jan 2017, 16:47 PM

I agree that authenticity should be part of the game. I start to think that Penals should be doctrinal and Guards or Shock troopers might fill the role of T1 infantry (preferably Guards since they have a PTRS).

For the same reason I also think the Panther needs a serious overhaul. It´s pretty much not WW2 if it gets easily defeated by Allied mediums while Brits run around with armor superiority with a tank that saw usage for only some minor engagments during the last 4 months of the war.
15 Jan 2017, 16:53 PM

Instead of insinuating that the balance team is cheating us and pushing their agenda, please go back and read about the scope of the patch. That was released in all of its gritty details a long while ago.

I'm insinuating that as long as there's a decent argument there should be a pathway to get changes into the Scope.

If the sniper changes could be made under the light vehicle scope, then I imagine that other changes could be made to fit into the scope in the same fashion.

Please don't assume such ignorance or ineptitude. The scope is as flexible or as restrictive as the arguments defining it.
15 Jan 2017, 17:05 PM

I'm insinuating that as long as there's a decent argument there should be a pathway to get changes into the Scope.

If the sniper changes could be made under the light vehicle scope, then I imagine that other changes could be made to fit into the scope in the same fashion.

Please don't assume such ignorance or ineptitude. The scope is as flexible or as restrictive as the arguments defining it.

The scope is not flexible because it is set by Relic and partly by our responses to their balance questionnaire. The scope is artificially limited to prevent large issues from developing during the deployment of the patch, as we have seen before.

You are choosing to be ignorant because this has been discussed literally 10's of times in each patch, and the units that could be targeted were listed during the first patch notes.
15 Jan 2017, 17:31 PM

My thoughts:

So change the name of a unit and you will loose all your arguments
15 Jan 2017, 17:38 PM

I agree, so let's give usf and ukf non-doctrinal mobile artillery and heavy tanks as well,then give okw smoke in stock.

>non doctrinal mobile artillery
m8 scots.

>heavy tanks
churchills/comets.
Although comets are more of an MBT.
15 Jan 2017, 17:59 PM

>non doctrinal mobile artillery
m8 scots.

>heavy tanks
churchills/comets.
Although comets are more of an MBT.

M8- that's like calling brummbar nondoc mobile arty. It's really not.

Churchills- piece of shit. Do I really need to explain why? It's not comparable to a kt or tiger in any world. It can't even fight any other tanks.

Comet- so that means panther is a heavy tank too? Because they are comparable, but comet can kill inf and panther has better armor/at abilities.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS