Login

russian armor

The initiative and how to keep it

V-T
13 Jan 2017, 12:32 PM

Hiya.

I see a lot of posts with topic 'how to counter this 'n that' and i got the feeling that when OKW starts reacting, an important part of the battle may already be lost. How i see it, OKW is higly mobile, doesn't have many options to dig in and hold the ground. It is best used when the troops are moving, causing chaos, decapping and denying enemy from digging in.

Main point is: with OKW you should be and stay aggressive, use troops actively, stay on map, force the enemy to react to your actions, then change the way you play, stay unpredictable. This buys time for OKW to actually tech up and get all the nice shiny things they require.

And when the time is right, just roll in with the big king kitty, and put them out of their misery.

This is just an opinion. OKW is more suited to aggressive mobile playstyle, than Ostheer.

Comments, ideas, bashing... All welcome. I just want discussion! ;)
13 Jan 2017, 13:15 PM
Patrion 14

in principle it sounds great but it is hard to visualise with out a replay or even verbal explanation of how this might play out in a map.

do you go for aggro cut off push when you can ? etc tec.
V-T
13 Jan 2017, 13:29 PM

Heh, i'm no pro, but when i play i try to use mobile units to search and harrass. Bunch up, a couple of volks and a sturmpioneer or two and use superior firepower and speed to not let enemy dig in or even cap properly. Followed by Volkswagen to cap the sectors.

Of course, waltzing into a MG ambush, or a nasty surprise is always a risk, but that would be a reaction to the mobile aggressive play.

A total cutoff can be very hard to achieve, but keeping them off from important muni and fuel points is half the victory.
13 Jan 2017, 17:24 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Theorycrafting is all very well, V-T, but for practical discussion, what is required are replays. Otherwise, you are likely to invite the old refrain of "Replay please, or it didn't happen'. And more importantly, our badged Strategists and more experienced posters may well be inclined to ignore the topic altogether.
13 Jan 2017, 18:32 PM

Honestly, as a mainly allies player, a lot of times I literally just feel outcapped from about 5 min on, what with cheap volks running around everywhere and kubels becoming super fast capping machines after their combat usefulness wears off.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★