Login

russian armor

Bode - brorape, catfighter777

26 Jul 2013, 21:25 PM

Hey guys,

Sorry I'm a little late to the party. My power supply went out and I had to beg, borrow and then steal to find a replacement while I wait for my permanent replacement from the manufacturer. Anyway on to business.

I will be on most nights and will be able to play you guys if you want, go over reviews and help with any questions you may have. Depending on skill level you guys may be good practice partners so lets all add each other on Steam and I will get you info on the preferred method of voice chat. To start tell me a little about yourself and any useful info like:

My name is Lee but you can call me Bode. (Pronounced Bodee)I'm 33 or something like that. I lost track awhile back. Bode is my screen name here on CoH2.org and my Steam name. I am on most nights unless I have other engagements with the family.

Steam ID?
Do you have a mic?
Do you currently use Skype, Ventrilo or other for voice?
when do you play?
what factions you play?
Do you play mostly 1v1, 2v2 or other?
what you want the most help with?
26 Jul 2013, 21:27 PM

I guess the matches were just posted today. Since I hadn't been online I assumed they were posted on the 22nd. Glad I didn't miss anything. Talk to you guys soon.
26 Jul 2013, 21:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2013, 21:27 PMBode
I guess the matches were just posted today. Since I hadn't been online I assumed they were posted on the 22nd. Glad I didn't miss anything. Talk to you guys soon.

No worries mate! I have a private vent server, you and catfighter are welcome to use if need be.

My steam ID is snagleCratch; I'll see if I can friend you both right now. I'm down to talk schedule and strats later this evening around 830-900pm PST (I'm west coast, california.)

Fuck yea bros!
-'rape
26 Jul 2013, 22:49 PM
Patrion 14

Steam ID?UTMOST
Do you have a mic?yes
Do you currently use Skype, Ventrilo or other for voice? ventrilo
when do you play?i work from 10 t0 7 am, play the rest of the time.
what factions you play?both
Do you play mostly 1v1, 2v2 or other?2v2 3v3 4v4 want to play 1v1 also
what you want the most help with?macro,i think my micro is ok?
26 Jul 2013, 22:56 PM
Patrion 14

there is like 3,063 bodes? i think i got the right one thou
27 Jul 2013, 03:37 AM

Bode,
to answer your questions:

1v1 is my focus for this mentorship; but am definitely down to play 2v2s, etc. with you guys. I'd like to experiment with complementary builds in 2v2s and above, and I like the idea of using weird builds and strats with a coordinated team that is mic'd up

for 1v1s, i'd like to get better at transitioning into late game; my strongest play is in the early game, after that when I lose it's either because I tech too late to tier 3/4, tech incorrectly, or flat loose track of units; also I find myself getting killed being aggressive when I should be playing defensive/ambushes with the core of army and ninjaing cut-offs

I also play both soviet and wher; both are fun - lately I lean towards germans

Catfighter and I have friended on Steam, and I think we both sent you friends; let me know when you want to play sir!
27 Jul 2013, 23:34 PM

Ya you got the right Bode utmost. I have added both you to Steam friends and will be online tonight around 730 pm. If you guys can get in some games by tomorrow and post either losses or games you want to learn from that would be best. No stompings please as we learn little from those. Remember to have fun too. It takes getting beat and learning to truly improve your play.
27 Jul 2013, 23:36 PM

If we can use your vent server that would be cool. I have access to the Reborn server but I hate asking to bring on new people when I'm not part of Reborn. It's a must that we all have access to chatting during Mentoring. I will be able to Stream the replays and we can watch them together and get in some good games together.
29 Jul 2013, 23:43 PM

Hey guys just a note to say I wont be online until really late tonight. It's my 12th wedding anniversary. I didn't forget about it as I was on the ball but I forgot I would be unavailable tonight. I just don't want my mentees or my mentor to think I'm not invested in this. I think this process is great for the community and will help both the mentees and mentors excel at CoH2 so if I miss you tonight I will catch you tomorrow. (I will be on between midnight and 4am PST) Since we are getting a patch please post all the replay links you want to have reviewed tonight and I will broadcast them so you can watch the twitch recordings at Twitch.tv/LBode9 and go to the video section I will title it "mentor session #1". You can view it anytime after tonight. I assume we will have sync errors if I try to review them after Tuesdays patch. It might be best to get replays of the new patch but even games with the current build will help us review basics and things we need to start with. We can get into meta and build orders with the new patches. Can't wait for the new Langres. It was always one of my favs.

To my mentees please try to get me a couple replays by tonight and 5 by Wednesday. Losses please or close games. No stompings as I previously mentioned.
31 Jul 2013, 01:35 AM
Patrion 14

do you want to pratice for torney with me?
31 Jul 2013, 08:37 AM

For sure I would love to get some games in with you and brorape. I'll check you on vent tomorrow. Wednesday. Also I posted the review of the last replay one of you posted playing each other from the previous patch (Prior to July 30th). It's recorder here on twitch.

www.twitch.tv/lbode9
31 Jul 2013, 16:04 PM
Patrion 14

would like to see some of your game play on Langreskaya Winter :)
4 Aug 2013, 00:13 AM

sup dudes! i've been away with family in town and 'the hustle', but i'm about to get a session in and was just checking on y'alls availability this here weekend.

hit me up in steam, ill get a few replays posted for bode this evening

-b.rape
7 Aug 2013, 20:39 PM

Hey guys,

Just wanted to drop you guys a note. I had a small family emergency with my mom that required my time and I had to head to the states for a few days to help her out. Anyway, I don't want you guys thinking I'm not willing to help. I'm willing to mentor, play with you guys, watch replays and all that good stuff as long as you guys want the help. Even after the mentor session ends. I want to make sure you get as much help as you need.

Will one of you guys post the info for the Vent server as it was sent in chat and I missed that message.

Also please add links to your replays here so I can easily find them. I don't know which ones you post you will want reviewed and also I'm having trouble finding them. (Is there a search feature?)

I would also like to have you guys in chat while we watch them on my stream. That way we are all looking at the same thing and we can make sure my sound is set right. I had to record that mentor session #1 twice because my game sound was too loud. All you could hear was MG42 fire and my voice was drowned out. That was my fault we couldn't meet due to my anniversary so in the future let's try to make a time that works for all three of us and if one of you guys can't make it that's fine with me as I know we all have lives, families and school or work and since you can watch the video I on my twitch.tv account.
7 Aug 2013, 20:47 PM

Also utmost I'm sorry I wasn't able to practice with you as I didn't get to practice at all due to my family issues. I played one or two matches prior to the tournament and it showed in the tourney as I lost in round 1. My opponent started in the southern position which is stronger in my opinion but that is a small advantage. With the center VP connecting territory to your base the cutoff move isn't always effective unless you take the base cutoff and the center VP. I like that as a lot of players over look the VP and think they have you cutoff. I lost my match due to lack of fuel which delayed tech but mainly because I wasn't able to practice and Space had practiced like 60 hours that week alone. That and I had bad luck/play versus his SU-85. If I had circle strafed it with my PIV I think i could have won the match instead I retreated my PIV giving him shots at my frontal armor instead of making him spin.
7 Aug 2013, 21:13 PM

NOTE: Did you guys get a chance to watch the Mentor Session #1 video? I never saved it on my hard drive and forgot to click the save forever tab. I didn't realize twitch deletes videos that are a few days old unless you check the save forever box. My bad. i hope you watched it if not we will go over new replays from the current patch. Can both of you get me a couple losses to review. Post them in the replay section and link them here. If you don't know how to upload you can email me the replay file at lbode9@gmail.com
12 Aug 2013, 09:00 AM

Where you guys at? I'm willing to go over replays any night you have some to post? Either that or get me in Steam chat for a game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★