Login

russian armor

Buffing Grenadiers a Taboo?

11 Jan 2017, 09:57 AM

If you buff grens, you need buff cons and maybe naother units, so why need change so many thigns, if the problem with grens are not in grens ?

LoL terrich this is funniest shit I ever read,like soviet fanboy just gone mad. >buff cons, yea plz buff 40% hth isn't enough soviet fanboys need dps, hth 80% reinforce cost - 0 :D

11 Jan 2017, 10:49 AM

1) I am Axis player mostly
2) Grens were fine before USF Mortar , Mortar Pit, Bofors, Mattres and Cali
3) First 3 most important, second 2 as a result of not having map controls coz of wiped grens
conclusion - make it for yourself
11 Jan 2017, 12:08 PM

Permanently Banned

LoL terrich this is funniest shit I ever read,like soviet fanboy just gone mad. >buff cons, yea plz buff 40% hth isn't enough soviet fanboys need dps, hth 80% reinforce cost - 0 :D

Why you think that HTH need buff, its can be accuracy or somthing another.
11 Jan 2017, 18:11 PM

Why you think that HTH need buff, its can be accuracy or somthing another.

Bcz hth will help them withstand lategame firefights without drastical dps increase they will survive long range combat and won't be op at all, coz would be still outshooted by guard para and etc elite ally squads.
11 Jan 2017, 18:15 PM

Permanently Banned

Bcz hth will help them withstand lategame firefights without drastical dps increase they will survive long range combat and won't be op at all, coz would be still outshooted by guard para and etc elite ally squads.

So why in game need elite infatry ? How guards will be outshooted them, if tahy cost 360 MP ompared to 240 mp, same with para 380 unit ?
11 Jan 2017, 18:21 PM

So why in game need elite infatry ? How guards will be outshooted them, if tahy cost 360 MP ompared to 240 mp, same with para 380 unit ?

I said that guards and other ally elite inf will still outshoot grenadiers, hth increase wol
uld help in case of reaction time and extanding in battlefield :facepalm: (террич, тебе если не понятно было что я написал, спросил бы в чате пека2тв).
11 Jan 2017, 18:25 PM

Permanently Banned

I said that guards and other ally elite inf will still outshoot grenadiers, hth increase wol
    uld help in case of reaction time and extanding in battlefield :facepalm: (террич, тебе если не понятно было что я написал, спросил бы в чате пека2тв).

So obers outshoot cons, lets buff cons ? Stormtropper too outshot cons, lets buff cons ?
    11 Jan 2017, 18:28 PM

So obers outshoot cons, lets buff cons ? Stormtropper too outshot cons, lets buff cons ?

Cons isn't long range fighter with 4 models that dies to all aoe arty in game. Cons meatshield with 6 models that cannot be destroyed by one arty strike, they were designed to fight in mid close range not in long. So no cons already ok. On top of that you have guards, penals and t 70 all this stuff destroys ost infantry very well.
      11 Jan 2017, 18:30 PM

Permanently Banned

Cons isn't long range fighter with 4 models that dies to all aoe arty in game. Cons meatshield with 6 models that cannot be destroyed by one arty strike, they were designed to fight in mid close range not in long. So no cons already ok. On top of that you have guards, penals and t 70 all this stuff destroys ost infantry very well.

Use mg and pacs :).
      11 Jan 2017, 18:31 PM

Use mg and pacs :).

Mg vs mortars and pacs vs ally elite inf like para and guards, penals? Ok i'll note that, strategist :snfBarton:
      11 Jan 2017, 18:33 PM

Permanently Banned

Mg vs mortars and pacs vs ally elite inf like para and guards, penals? Ok i'll note that, strategist :snfBarton:

Write if you need more help, i am open to all axis lovers :).
      11 Jan 2017, 21:16 PM
      Admin Red  Badge
      Patrion 314

If you want to write in cyrillic, please send your messages by PM. :)
      13 Jan 2017, 22:14 PM

Another thread that made it here :sibHyena:

KappaClaus Pride :bananadance: :luvDerp:
      14 Jan 2017, 09:07 AM

Another thread that made it here :sibHyena:

KappaClaus Pride :bananadance: :luvDerp:
      I started the thread on this section by myself, since it is the place where non-specific, grumpy topics lacking in detail are discussed.

And yes, you should feel like a moron now.
      14 Jan 2017, 10:03 AM

I think the role of the grenadier should be kind of the Wehrmacht's "Bread and Butter" unit as far as infantry go. If you're doing an infantry build, it's a unit you shouldn't be able to go without, because it's useful throughout the whole round, even when late-vehicles and artillery starts to reduce their utility.

The only buff I'd like to see really, I like the squad spacing and everything, and what they've done to make them much more viable than before, but just simply add a 5th model, and increase the base cost to 375mp. And I wouldn't even be opposed to them increasing the popcap by 1 after all that.

Same thing for PGren's, but up their base cost to 425. Pgren's as soon as you get that schreck upgrade, it destroys what limited AI ability they had in the first place, which historically speaking is ironic IMO since the STG44 was the greatest infantry firearm out of all theaters of WWII in technological prowess and it's influence on modern day combat infantry firearms. In terms of AI seems a single shock infantry squad can fight 2 pgrens at the same time and still come out ok. Pretty much the only reason I get PGrens now is purely for schrecks, fck whatever AI capabilities they had.

Just seems they don't have much staying power and thusly as much field presence, as it sits now, unless you do an on field reinforce/heal bunker, which to me is crucial for a faction that doesn't have a forward retreat point.

If you're playing with grens/pgrens, you better keep your models alive, because unlike the other factions with 5 and even 6 man squads and forward retreats, the game harshly punishes you much more so if you lose a model.

It wasn't as bad when the flame HT could reinforce, but since they stripped that ability away, it's a much bigger factor in my games than it use to be.

In current conditions, a well micro'd/supported sniper, can destroy the field presence of several gren squads, since you really can't afford to lose models without getting something in return.

Thats why allied snipers to me will always be superior to the Axis sniper, Axis sniper is a manpower bleed, but it doesn't force the allied player to micro, and dance with his units as much, as when I'm playing wehrmacht facing an allied sniper.
      16 Jan 2017, 19:39 PM

They have been. It's largely indirect, but there have been plentiful boosts to survivability none-the-less.

Biggest points:

• Squad spacing has been improved
      • The Ostheer half-track now vets passively
      • Medkits made vastly more viable

USF nerfs against grens

• Riflemen have less vet 3 survivability
      • Riflemen only have one LMG slot
      • Mortar fixed

Soviet nerfs against grens

• T70 less wipey
      • Quad less suppressey

Brit nerfs against grens

• Only 1 LMG per tommy squad

And potentially some other stuff I'm too tired to dig up or debate.

Anywho, if you want direct buffs then make a strong and well-presented argument with evidence and logic. There are seemingly a million people posting completely substanceless crap about one little thing or another on these forums. It takes a lot of effort to stand out from the overwhelming noise and get people properly on-board.

Brit only 1 mg? Ok they die
      1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
        Steam Alias
        W
        L
        %
        Streak
      Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight