Login

russian armor

Vs OKW

9 Jan 2017, 05:37 AM

What's the most effective way to deal with OKW infantry?

I've found Conscripts can contain unupgraded volksgrenadiere, and Guards even supported with guards volks can charge and fight you at close range. Both sides will end up retreating with high casualties which you can't capitalize and both players are throwing mp to the sink. This also means the OKW infantry its getting veterancy which in time will make them individualy stronger than both conscripts and guards

It seem Maxims are the way to go, since its supression forces him to retreat without getting much experience and without you bleeding manpower.

I had success using Shocks. They seem to go toe to toe with upgraded Volks and Strums if used smartly (aka in cover). I haven't used penals that much to say anything.

With the changes introduced in the WBP, OKW now has access to a usefull anti infantry/supression plataform in the way of the AA HT that, at the moment (1.4) seems to be able to kill T70s

What do you think?
9 Jan 2017, 06:11 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

If you're talking about live go with maxim spam or penal spam into guards. Guards with DPs crush volks till they get to higher levels of veterancy and then they can still trade well due to their high vet and durabiliy.

Conscripts lose at essentially every point of the game vs volks. I wouldn't recommend relying on them as your core infantry against OKW.

As for the 1.4v Winter Balance Mod I'd recommend using maxim spam as it will give you access to the zis AT gun which will counter lights also played by OKW. Everyone is still having controversy with penals at the moment so we will have to wait and see where they stand. I'd be willing to bet standard rifles will still win against volks, but the ppsh and flamer upgrade or PTRS AT rifle may cripple their AI enough in certain situations to where the standard rifles are stronger. This of course is also map dependant. On longer ranged maps this could be a problem, but a CQC map like Dusseldorf which is a CQC 2v2 map ppsh and flamers would crush in the tigher spaces.
9 Jan 2017, 06:25 AM

use conscripts...use penals....

there is no certain Unit that hardcounters a whole faction. its not what this game is about. avoid information like "i tried cons" because that is no information

try a combined arms approach like 1 cons, 2 penals, 1 scout car

or cons, maxim, cons, cons maxim

build sandbags for your maxims, secure your flanks with flamer pios and mines. try to keep 1 fuel save and don't overextend in early game.

9 Jan 2017, 07:47 AM

Just do: 4 Conscripts, Healing at Base, upgrade flamer on your engineer ASAP, get 2-3 Dshk, and then wait for Shermans. Dshk are so broken that you should be able to pin the OKW in his base.
23 Mar 2017, 12:35 PM
Admin Red  Badge

Maxims supported by Conscripts followed by Guards into T70 works fine. Choose Guard Motor if you need Mark Target and T34/85s (recommended against armour heavy play) or Guard Rifle Combined Arms if you need Howitzer and strafe (recommended against static/infantry heavy play).
23 Mar 2017, 13:18 PM

OKW has no MG-counter in early game. They also don´t have a vehicle counter until they build their first truck. So just use Maxims or Clown-Car with Penals/Pios equipped with flamers.

In case of Maxims you need to make sure they are protected by some conscripts.

In case you go with T1-> Clown-Car with Flamer-Penals can rape everything OKW has in the first few minutes. Just dont let the clown-car fight against 2-3 squads since the Clown-Car easily dies from normal infantry rifle fire. While you chase OKW squads over the map make sure to use your remaining infantry to cap the map. No matter which strategy you use be aware that OKW players usually try to be very aggressive early game in order to take your fuel or cut-you off from it. So be a bit conservative until you have your Flamer-Penals or multiple Maxims out otherwise you might get totally wrecked in the first few minutes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★