Login

russian armor

"CoH will never die" vol. 2

7 Jan 2017, 12:00 PM
Referee Badge

People were asking a lot about the next episode of the last CoH tourney that happened in summer 2016.
So here is some info:
- the tourney is being planned for February 2017, there is no fixed date but I will announce it soon
- a coder is needed to make the website for the tournament (if we don't find one I will just make the online brackets, but the site would look better)
- donators needed as always, although the tourney will be held even if there is no prize pool, but beware that different people have different reasons to play the tourney and some "big" guys will maybe not attend if there is no prize
- depending on the interest, the tourney will have 32 or 64 slots for players, and sadly if more people than that apply I will have to choose the best ones for the tournament and some may not be able to participate
- maps that the tourney will be played are: Angoville, Semois, Sturzdorf, Langres; same as in CoHWND 1
- maps will be chosen also like the last time; players toss the coin, the winner chooses 1 map that he will ban, the loser the second map, and the winner then chooses the map for the first 2 games between 2 remaining maps
- Rounds will be BO3, with semois being the 3rd match map and the player that had more VP's left when he won will choose his army for the 3rd game
- Only vanila armies: Wehrmacht and US army
- each round will take 4 days, in first 2 days players can arrange the time of the match by themselves, if they don't agree about the time, there will be the third day in which the players have to play the game at 12:00 UTC, who doesn't show up at that specific time lost the round...the fourth day will be pause, use that day to arrange the matches and to meet your opponent (this rule was a bit different last time and gave more freedom to players which turned out to be bad, so now its more harsh)
- players will need to enter a steam group if they participate in the tournament so they can find their opponent (I will manually invite them)
- some other rules that I forgot now will be added later, these are the most important ones now, feel free to remind me of something or give me an advice

- the application will be open once we make a fixed date of the tourney start

Promo video from the last tournament including some ingame clips ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u07m97Bzc1E

Last tournament replay pack https://www.gamereplays.org/community/index.php?showtopic=983466

Enjoy :D
7 Jan 2017, 16:36 PM
Patrion 14

Looking forward to it. Please make sure the replays will be uploaded.
7 Jan 2017, 20:08 PM
Referee Badge

Hi man :D I forgot to mention we need casters as well, last time I had to cast and it wasn't really the top quality since it was my first time and we made livecasts on stream.

Replays will be uploaded after the tournament but if you are interested in casting I can send the caster replays after every round so you can cast on livestream ;)

8 Jan 2017, 12:22 PM
Patrion 14

Sorry but i have to disappoint you. I suspect you are searching for an english speaking streamer and I cast exclusively in german and only on YouTube.

I will check the replays after the event is over.
9 Jan 2017, 01:19 AM
Referee Badge

Some updates.

Round dates and first version rules down below.

Applications and donations will be opened soon.

Enjoy ;)

Rules v0.1

Round Dates
9 Jan 2017, 04:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jan 2017, 01:19 AMKaos
Some updates.

11. Brackets will be totally random, without seeding, made on 20.2.-23.2.

such a bad idea
9 Jan 2017, 07:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jan 2017, 04:03 AMNashka

such a bad idea

Yeah kind of is.... :(
So dates are out, when do the sign ups start?
9 Jan 2017, 12:34 PM
Referee Badge

If a majority of people says that random brackets are bad, I will change the rule.

Signups will start today or tomorrow, I just need to make a google form or something :)

EDIT
Apllication and some other info
13 Jan 2017, 19:33 PM
Referee Badge

RULES UPDATE

Rules v0.3:
14 Jan 2017, 05:50 AM

Would be cool to know which names have joined up. Anyway we can see?
Not sure about the 'random' starting positions clause but it's your tourney at the end of the day...
14 Jan 2017, 12:52 PM
Referee Badge

People who joined so far:

The vote between totally random and random with seeding is 60% in favor of random with seeding
16 Jan 2017, 12:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2017, 12:52 PMKaos
People who joined so far:

The vote between totally random and random with seeding is 60% in favor of random with seeding

who the hell voting for random? u wanna 5 minute final or what?
16 Jan 2017, 19:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2017, 12:15 PMNashka

who the hell voting for random? u wanna 5 minute final or what?

dont worry niko

we will help kaos
forgive him his misstakes :D
16 Jan 2017, 19:55 PM
Referee Badge

dude people are voting, I'm making a tournament for the community, if the community wants random they will get it, if seeding, same way.

Last time it was totally random and it was fine.
16 Jan 2017, 20:40 PM

brainless community then
16 Jan 2017, 22:29 PM
Referee Badge

no reason to be mad, brackets will be random with seeding as it seems so far xD
16 Jan 2017, 23:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2017, 22:29 PMKaos
no reason to be mad, brackets will be random with seeding as it seems so far xD

ok, next question:
why 3d map is semois? the most shitty map in game.
17 Jan 2017, 07:02 AM
Referee Badge

again, I hate that map, last time it was langres and people were crying that its wehr favored, 90% wants it to be semois, how should I please you all guys -.-
17 Jan 2017, 07:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2017, 07:02 AMKaos
again, I hate that map, last time it was langres and people were crying that its wehr favored, 90% wants it to be semois, how should I please you all guys -.-

why we cant play 3 games on the same map, like with original rules? or making veto for 3d map, like we doing in coh2 turneys.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★