Login

russian armor

Relic Winter Balance Preview v1.4 Update

PAGES (21)down
12 Jan 2017, 10:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2017, 07:57 AMEsxile

I didn't try a lot the stuart in the mod but a value of 75 near isn't going to cut it with the nerf on the stun shot.

If you manage to get near enough for the stunshot, you can do an engine-shot instead. Part of the reason stunshot had to go was that it was a no-brainer. The other part was that it was just a better engine shot.
aaa
12 Jan 2017, 10:25 AM

Some good players left isnt a 8ndicator of anything. Today in sc2 there is few players left from wings while Lotv >> any prior sc2 vesrsion.
Many people just dont have another life to play games
12 Jan 2017, 10:29 AM

I didn't try a lot the stuart in the mod but a value of 75 near isn't going to cut it with the nerf on the stun shot.
Before going further: I'm not against the nerf. But the immobilization was the way to go near and then leave safely the area. Without that, you can't go sneaky behind a panther with a reasonable % of chance to come back alive.
Now that the stun only disable the main gun and vision, tanks will be able to follow you until the stun delay fade away and take your stuart down.

I mean, Stuart stun ability is kind of lame early game, but vs bigger cats, using it requires skill and need to be rewarded when well executed.

Imo, there are 4 options to overcome this issue.

1- put back the stun shot as it was BUT lock it behind vet1. So stuarts aren't that powerful vs 222s and Pumas when they it the field. = Reward good play and preservation.

2a- Increase the Stun shot range. Stuart can now use its ability more safely
2b- Increase the Stun shot range at vet1 if 2a is too powerful when the stuart hit the field

3a- Increase the Stun shot ability duration, so the stuart has more chances to come back alive
3b- Increase the Stun shot ability duration at vet1 if 3a is too powerful when the stuart hit the field

4- Increase Stuart lifepool at vet1 or vet2, so it can take one more hit.

With the Stuart, reaching vet1 is the more complicated because it is at vet1 that you gain full vision, once vet1, if you don't do anything silly your usually reach vet2 easily.

Stuart being able to flank a medium tank alone is a no no to me because as far as i can see Stuart serve as tank support role pretty damn well. There is a situation where stuart become a problame to opponent armor such as like you said they've had chasing you and then you stunt them right ? they still chasing because only their main gun is disable and then your tank show up behide his tail ,then that a part where he making a mistake

keep stuart alive till he get some armor partner. If yours situation were bad like they have been able to get a tank early while you not you might dont want to send stuart near any armor but disrupt unit who try to decap your point. treat em like other light tank that will be fine

Stuart used to take down a tank alone with one AT gun or more when it had ability to stunt an armor. i think it wrong to have somkind of this ability in this game i myself didn't even play axis much but there what i think ,so you think it good ? and remember i feel fine becuase stug ability got nerf too
12 Jan 2017, 10:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2017, 10:25 AMaaa
Some good players left isnt a 8ndicator of anything.

This is something a bad player would say. :luvCarrot:
12 Jan 2017, 11:38 AM

Permanently Banned
I know, if top players try make game better, thay will be write opening letter to relic, make thread in relic forum, thay can unite together, make there own balance mod, but nope, every from them was in there personal balance ego ship. Relic need blame for there slow working, coz is just retard, but top players with there ego are just same thing but different. All we know how relic work, and what thay do, thay WAIT when relic FIX it and hope that its will be fine EleGiggle. So Relic, top players, kill this game for us, for normal players, who enjoy the game, with there passive blame politics.
12 Jan 2017, 11:50 AM

Permanently Banned

This is something a bad player would say. :luvCarrot:

Lets see how many top players left this game from 2013, its will be a lot top players, so one top players left, another come or up there skill to be top players.
12 Jan 2017, 11:55 AM

If you manage to get near enough for the stunshot, you can do an engine-shot instead. Part of the reason stunshot had to go was that it was a no-brainer. The other part was that it was just a better engine shot.

Engine damage is/was bugged. Engine damage doesn't disable the main gun and leave the target helpless.

It is sad that you only see the stunshot on early game when it is clearly OP and decide its fate from this biased PoW. It is a formidable late game tool vs panthers/tigers which as nothing to do with a no-brainer ability, you need a lot of micro to use it properly with your other AT sources.

Stuart used to take down a tank alone with one AT gun or more when it had ability to stunt an armor. i think it wrong to have somkind of this ability in this game i myself didn't even play axis much but there what i think ,so you think it good ? and remember i feel fine becuase stug ability got nerf too

Who's flanking a panther with a stuart alone? Stuart + m10 or m36, the stuart + stun shot gives you 2 extra shots from a m36 without being shot yourself.

Sneaking behind a lone panther is easy, doing the same when paks or raketen are there, when faust and shreck are nearby is another story.

12 Jan 2017, 14:26 PM

Before going further: I'm not against the nerf. But the immobilization was the way to go near and then leave safely the area. Without that, you can't go sneaky behind a panther with a reasonable % of chance to come back alive.
Now that the stun only disable the main gun and vision, tanks will be able to follow you until the stun delay fade away and take your stuart down.

I mean, Stuart stun ability is kind of lame early game, but vs bigger cats, using it requires skill and need to be rewarded when well executed.

Imo, there are 4 options to overcome this issue.

1- put back the stun shot as it was BUT lock it behind vet1. So stuarts aren't that powerful vs 222s and Pumas when they it the field. = Reward good play and preservation.

2a- Increase the Stun shot range. Stuart can now use its ability more safely
2b- Increase the Stun shot range at vet1 if 2a is too powerful when the stuart hit the field

3a- Increase the Stun shot ability duration, so the stuart has more chances to come back alive
3b- Increase the Stun shot ability duration at vet1 if 3a is too powerful when the stuart hit the field

4- Increase Stuart lifepool at vet1 or vet2, so it can take one more hit.

With the Stuart, reaching vet1 is the more complicated because it is at vet1 that you gain full vision, once vet1, if you don't do anything silly your usually reach vet2 easily.

Or you could make the Stuart faster with vet (might help with getting away more than more health)
12 Jan 2017, 15:00 PM

Or you could make the Stuart faster with vet (might help with getting away more than more health)

Yeah...ah..noo....i seen last weekend a Stuart with a damaged engine...it run faste backwards as my volks can run to it...yeah...its fast enough..even with damaged engine.
12 Jan 2017, 15:02 PM

I miss the damaged and destroyed turret rotation criticals.

I feel like the Stuart could've been adjusted there. Instead of disabling the gun it could disable turret rotation.
12 Jan 2017, 15:02 PM

Stuart already becomes more mobile. Only problem is that its mobility buffs are gated behind Vet3. Speaking of which; has anybody ever seen a Vet3 stuart? (swapping crews doesn't count)
12 Jan 2017, 15:05 PM

Stuart already becomes more mobile. Only problem is that its mobility buffs are gated behind Vet3. Speaking of which; has anybody ever seen a Vet3 stuart? (swapping crews doesn't count)

i see them more than Vet 5 Obers, vet 5 panthers, vet 4 sturmtigers or vet 5 kubels.
12 Jan 2017, 15:14 PM

It aint pessimism when it is FACT. The Frontline Network left. Sundaynight fights left. Romeo left. Momo left. I left. Everyone left cuz they got tired of relic's incompetence. March ESL patch broke the AEC and it took them a month to fix that and the broken brit arty callin because Brad took a week off for the sniffles but was well enough to 1v1 Queen Ratchet on momo's stream. Veterency was broken during ESL. The hotfix broke the game. March ESL had broken maxim spam that got patch a month after ESL. Brad & the dev team got fired after ESL. USF mortar had a vet bug which took the weekend to fix and a month to nerf the mortar and it was still OP.

Warpaint was a flop: Naggono was disqualified for no reason since they did nothing with the in person final. The pregame stream wasn't even full screen webcam. The audio was shitty. No face cams of players during the game. More people watched the opening rounds than the finals tbh (Maybe cuz the great shadowwada was in the opening). After warpaint, none of the players actually play or stream the game since they just come back for the money. No follow up tournaments by Relic or community members since there isn't anyone left in the community & warpaint was just a commercial to sell skins

August roadmap finally gets released near end of october to tell us the december patch is coming out in February #QuarterlyUpdates. Though a december $kin patch gets released that somehow breaks the game's art assets. In regards to the real patch, that community members are doing since relic can't be bothered to hire devs to fix their own game, it bring decent quality of life changes such as buffing weh inf early game & nerfing T-70 since it took relic a year to figure that out but doesn't touch the main fundamental problems such as OKW, Brits, USF sucking and dumb RNG like weapon drops & vehicle abandons. Also the game has a shit ton of glitches that need to be fixed.

In closing, I see the game for the clown fiesta it is so don't say I'm pessimistic when you're overly optimistic when there is ZERO evidence to back it up. By every metric CoH2 is a dead game so if you want a balanced game, wait for the community to get relic's job done for them. If you want new content, wait for DoW3. If you want a real game, play anything other than coh2 tbh (or herp derp 4v4s if thats your thing). I went above and beyond the call of duty to try to make coh2 esports a reality but relic's actions shows they don't care about it and/or are incompetent to implement it so I've moved on. My actions over this past year showed my commitment to the community so don't say I wasn't optimistic.

Those words are gold ! :)

The man is telling the truth
12 Jan 2017, 15:22 PM

Wada's right though, but there's always a silver lining.
12 Jan 2017, 15:40 PM

Guys guys guys. Don´t let yourself to get confused by wadas words. Because there were big mistakes in past, it shouldn´t discourage us to create better future of coh2.

If we manage to create balance game, I think, playerbase won´t go down so drasticly
12 Jan 2017, 15:56 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Agree with Hector, we have had at least as worse situations as this.

Just keep your eye out. There is enough motivated people left, who do want to make something of coh2. And they will make something of coh2.
aaa
12 Jan 2017, 15:57 PM

I would first clean the community by removing non 1v1 games. Is it good for comercia'l success idk, I wou'd just welcome that.

While having nothing for or aganst coh2. Wada momo and romeo left. Who the hell they are? Gods of coh or what. Even I played vs them. Many times vs wada minimum twice on his streams It means nothing when someone leaving.
12 Jan 2017, 16:22 PM
Senior Caster Badge

I have to say that I take the opinions of people who have ditched the community with a pinch of salt. You guys have your own reasons for leaving and that's cool, but you don't need to try and take everyone with you. CoH2 legends come and go, you don't need to crush the community on your way out.

We all know Relic messes up. blah blah. Nothing new there for years.

Fact is the situation we have right now, is that a community balance team are trying to do some good work in the game and we need to focus on that as the only option we have. This doesn't need to turn into a 'Reasons why the old CoH2 crowd doesn't play anymore' thread
aaa
12 Jan 2017, 16:42 PM

Ussualy "dead game" is a noobs way to express how pissed off they are that their low APM camping, 666 or other abusive strats isnt always free win.
If they think dead game they would not be there. So they lie as ussualy in adition to all the absurd.
12 Jan 2017, 17:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2017, 11:55 AMEsxile

Who's flanking a panther with a stuart alone? Stuart + m10 or m36, the stuart + stun shot gives you 2 extra shots from a m36 without being shot yourself.

Sneaking behind a lone panther is easy, doing the same when paks or raketen are there, when faust and shreck are nearby is another story.

Tada !! you already got an answer
PAGES (21)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight