Login

russian armor

3v3 Axis on Lanzerath and Port of Hamburg

6 Jan 2017, 00:49 AM

Hello guys, my friends and me like to play 3v3s with double OKW and one Ostheer. However, we have always had big troubles playing on Port of Hamburg and especially on Lanzerath Ambush. I can't think of many games that we might have ever won on Lanzerath. It doesn't even really depend on the opponents, we are just really struggeling.

Are there some general strategic aspects to consider when playing each of these two maps? Capping orders, garrisons, build orders, anything?
Please help!
7 Jan 2017, 07:30 AM
Patrion 14

it'll help if you tell us what you are doing on those maps. :)

hopeful;y i will make guides on those maps soon.
7 Jan 2017, 09:29 AM

Veto these shit maps!
7 Jan 2017, 10:35 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Hello guys, my friends and me like to play 3v3s with double OKW and one Ostheer. However, we have always had big troubles playing on Port of Hamburg and especially on Lanzerath Ambush. I can't think of many games that we might have ever won on Lanzerath. It doesn't even really depend on the opponents, we are just really struggeling.

Are there some general strategic aspects to consider when playing each of these two maps? Capping orders, garrisons, build orders, anything?
Please help!

Hello,

A) Lanzerath ambush is one of the unbalanced maps...
If you are top / North you have allready won.

B) Port of Hamburg is the opposite. There is Bottom / South the free win.

You have to know, that both maps are for 4vs4 normally. So you have to play a little bit others.

On Port of Hamburg, play together middle, left or middle right. Don't split up in 3vs3 on this large map.
One OKW goes heal into t4 -Flak and the other one T3 with Stuka.

Rush the houses on the fuel points with sturmpios and let the Wehrmacht player bring mg42 to it.

10 Jan 2017, 06:36 AM
Patrion 14

new guide is coming on port of hamburg my good man.

hang in there.
11 Jan 2017, 23:06 PM

I think splitting up on Hamburg might have been our main problem. We always tried to go for all three points, which generally meant that one was always on his own.! I am looking forward to the new guide. I always loved the guides here, they were the stuff that made me use this side when I first came here!

On Lanzerath we mostly started from the north, but we still lose. I think it is mostly, because we mostly fail to push forward after capping the VPs. On many other maps, we are able to apply pressure on one side or the other, but on Lanzerath it seems like we always get into a stalemate in the middle. When we are north top, we mainly focus on the middle and the east side of the map. And then if you play against brits, if you get into a stalemate, that can cause a huge problem. But I dont know how to change that :/

And I can only veto one of those maps, because I need the other vetoes for the other shitty maps we dont wanna play ;P
12 Jan 2017, 11:51 AM
Patrion 14

hmm. splitting on all three? in port of hamburg or any maps where there are fuels on the frontline, you want to rush for fuel points. so the split would be in two, two players in each - generally.

I'd say only exception might be general mud due to its shear size.
13 Jan 2017, 13:13 PM
Patrion 14

https://www.coh2.org/guides/58631/port-of-hamburg-perspective

most info might be obvious but hopefully you can learn something new :).
17 Jan 2017, 23:57 PM

Ah so in our case that would be 2 and 1 then. (3v3) yes that perspective is a really good thing! Interesting to know the exact time to rush to the houses! Thank you! I guess next time we will try to use this advice!! :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 34
France 25

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment