Login

russian armor

Why are GG and Mr.Smith taken into consideration?

• This thread is locked
29 Dec 2016, 07:45 AM

What is up my fellow coh 2 players?, just some quick words, since the game is going to be dead soon after the worst patch in history is going to hit us next month.

I heard last that the next balancing patch is a cooperative work between Miragefla, GG and Mr.Smith.
Now don't get me wrong, I don't think it's a bad idea, I mean the community will probably not do a worst work than the developers themselves, who proved in many occasions that they know nothing of how this game is played.

But GG and Mr.Smith how much credibility they hold in this subject?

As much as people criticized Miragefla for "destroying OKW" (even when they just nit picked a few ideas of his balance mod) I think this player is eligible, he is constantly trying new strategies, he has a decent rank and he plays a lot of 1v1, and his balance mod is praised by many 1v1 players.

GG on the other hand, can we get to vote on how many people actually liked his balance mod? the "GGmod" nobody ever played after his "fund my ass" tournament for which you had to pay to enter...
You can read the changelogs in his mod and objectively admit that it is bad

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1byA39loXah8ivW-9ZvQe2xGRYw9iBxlfosxyMoJVRuc/edit

Penals with PTRS, and guards on top of costing 360mp can no longer throw grenades.
Nerf the T34 hmg but BUFF THE RAMMING ! :rofl:

Come on seriously?

Now understand please, Guards are nerfed but it's normal, THEY SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO KILL PGRENS:

https://youtu.be/I1Dvfsk-9j8?t=309

So let's make them cost the same as PGrens...

Mr.Smith who is this exactly? did you ever hear of him in tournaments? Have you ever seen his player card?
I played against him once in 1v1(or what I assume is him), his ostheer is rather pathetic, I actually felt bad...

The question here, is why exactly is his opinion taken into consideration for balancing the game?
https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561197966069137

Sorry if this hurts anybody here, let it be the men themselve or their groupies, but I've heard many critics about the upcoming patches, isn't it fair to ask ourselves why these guys are the idea guys?

29 Dec 2016, 08:09 AM

They are being taken into consideration since they are doing the heavy lifting for relic so relic gets a patch made by the community for free. If you're going to be salty at someone, be salty at relic for not hiring real devs & putting a real effort into their game tbh
29 Dec 2016, 08:15 AM

And where's your balance mod longshot?
29 Dec 2016, 08:24 AM

Mr.Smith know good this game. I trust him, as many people in this community.
He is not ashamed to show his playercard, unlike many forum heroes here.
29 Dec 2016, 08:26 AM

Instead of contributing to discussion in balance preview thread (or creating your own for issues that makes you upset) you proceed with questioning credibility of authors.

You seem to be nitpicking on some points that you personally don't agree without providing any actual arguments why they are wrong from balance/gameplay perspective or how things could be improved in your opinion.

You are also ignoring vast amount of QoL changes that will probably make it into game with upcoming patch. Most of them are were requested long ago and were ignored by Relic.

Should we do playercard bashing or actually discuss the end product of those guys?
29 Dec 2016, 08:31 AM

They are being taken into consideration since they are doing the heavy lifting for relic so relic gets a patch made by the community for free. If you're going to be salty at someone, be salty at relic for not hiring real devs & putting a real effort into their game tbh

I can understand that.
But why GG?
His mod has a certain vision that the whole community doesn't share.
If the community has to balance the game, isn't it fair that we vote for those who will do so?

I would have much prefered a team like Miragefla & Tightrope for instance.

GG, as good as he is, his ideas are just plain stupid.
The irony is that they want to vary metas and units, but after the penal changes, who will ever pick Conscripts or something like Tank hunters?

And why Mr.smith? I mean have you looked at his player card? Probably anybody in the ladder from rank 1-500 can play against him and wreck him hard.
His ideas are from better than GG.

Is this the guy we want to balance the game for us? I don't think so.

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2016, 08:24 AMAradan

Mr.Smith know good this game. I trust him, as many people in this community.
He is not ashamed to show his playercard, unlike many forum heroes here.

How? Have you ever seen him play? I did since I played against a certain Mr.smith, I won in not even more than 20 minutes.
And it was not very recently until he showed his player card, I had to look him up myself in the ladder to find out how good he was after how embarassed I was when I played against him.

29 Dec 2016, 08:35 AM

Instead of contributing to discussion in balance preview thread (or creating your own for issues that makes you upset) you proceed with questioning credibility of authors.

You seem to be nitpicking on some points that you personally don't agree without providing any actual arguments why they are wrong from balance/gameplay perspective or how things could be improved in your opinion.

You are also ignoring vast amount of QoL changes that will probably make it into game with upcoming patch. Most of them are were requested long ago and were ignored by Relic.

Should we do playercard bashing or actually discuss the end product of those guys?

Sorry, but I'm not a fool.
The balance feedback thread is mostly useless, in any board that is.
No matter what you say this, their decisions is set, I post in the feedback, I'm just one commenting drone between 100 others that relic isn't going to listen to anyway.

I'm making a good and justified remark, whether you like or not.
I'm 100% sure that I'm talking for many people who feel the same.

Try and explain to me why these two guys are taking into considerations? For some good reason other than
taking time to make a very bad balance mod.

I'm not nitpicking, I'm not going to make a full list of every thing that's wrong with his ideas, and those are what strike me the most.

You can read the change log, I can promise you nobody likes it.
I've seen many people play Competitive Edition mod from miragefla.
But GG mod? Who played it?
Jeez...even the name is pretentious, "General Gentlemen balance mod".

I just want to know why Relic chose them?

29 Dec 2016, 08:40 AM

https://www.coh2.org/topic/58159/relic-have-an-awesome-idea-for-balance-create-a-mod

Prove you are better, your ideas are better, etc. Make your own balance mod.

And if you still want to discuss this subject without the salt and defamation, head over here

> https://www.coh2.org/topic/57776/including-more-people-in-the-balance-team/
29 Dec 2016, 08:40 AM

How? Have you ever seen him play? I did since I played against a certain Mr.smith, I won in not even more than 20 minutes.
And it was not very recently until he showed his player card, I had to look him up myself in the ladder to find out how good he was after how embarassed I was when I played against him.

You're a self righteous douche bag.

Really easy to ignore your opinions.
29 Dec 2016, 08:43 AM

https://www.coh2.org/topic/58159/relic-have-an-awesome-idea-for-balance-create-a-mod

Prove you are better, your ideas are better, etc. And if you still want to discuss this subject without the salt and defamation, head over here > https://www.coh2.org/topic/57776/including-more-people-in-the-balance-team/page/1#post_id578389

So that means I can just pop up the most retarded balance mod ever and I get picked up to change and redesign the whole game?

And they got the wrong picture about GG mod, it's far from popular.

You're a self righteous douche bag.

Really easy to ignore your opinions.b

I'm saying some truths here.
Mr.Smith is a poor player who has no 1v1 experience.

Jesus look at his player card:

Why would this, get to balance the game?

Go and point me out as a bully, it doesn't mean I'm wrong.

The word fraud comes into my mind.
29 Dec 2016, 08:51 AM

So that means I can just pop up the most retarded balance mod ever and I get picked up to change and redesign the whole game?
We can't judge a mod if it does not exist, publish it and then we could talk.

I'm saying some truths here.
Mr.Smith is a poor player who has no 1v1 experience.

Jesus look at his player card:

Why would this, get to balance the game?
He is willing to do the hard work, even in holidays! Do I agree with his vision? Not with a lot of his changes, but let's give the guy credit for his efforts and exemplary dedication.
29 Dec 2016, 08:51 AM

Nobody gives a shit, because you simply lack the ability to influence people's opinions.

Also you seem to think you're better qualified than the others. But you're not on the mod team...

So youre not just a bully, you're also jealous.
29 Dec 2016, 08:55 AM

How about you prove that statement of yours. I don't remember facing anybody with that name of yours.

I rarely ever play 1v1, because I can't be bothered with that mode. I only play 1v1 for the lulz (which means Ostheer-only, as of the last patch).

I don't bother queueing with randoms, anymore, either. Nevertheless, my rank with UKF and OST is in the top100. I mainly played with pre-arranged teams. Unfortunately, I play in multiple teams and the code for coh2.org doesn't allow it to display all of the games I've played, with all of the teams I've played in.

Finally, I wasn't chosen on the merit of my ranks, or playtime experience. I was chosen for being able to solve the bugfixes you get for free. You know, the ones you could gloss over in the changelog.

How about you also show us your playercard, too? Maybe that will help me remember if we've played before.
29 Dec 2016, 08:56 AM

We can't judge a mod if it does not exist, publish it and then we could talk.

He is willing to do the hard work, even in holidays! Do I agree with his vision? Not with a lot of his changes, but let's give the guy credit for his efforts and exemplary dedication.

You are totally ignoring the point here.
We're redesigning a game and how thousands of people are going to play it for their own time and fun.
You say yourself that you don't agree with the changes, but because he applies useless effort and dedication it's ok?

Get the f*** out, what's wrong with you man? he is bad at the game yet he decides, so who cares about dedication ? What matters is the game.

Nobody gives a shit, because you simply lack the ability to influence people's opinions.

Also you seem to think you're better qualified than the others. But you're not on the mod team...

So youre not just a bully, you're also jealous.

"you are jealous that's all :( "

No, I'm pissed off that somebody I can beat playing with one hand is going to influence how I play a game I paid for.

29 Dec 2016, 08:59 AM

How about you prove that statement of yours. I don't remember facing anybody with that name of yours.

I rarely ever play 1v1, because I can't be bothered with that mode. I only play 1v1 for the lulz (which means Ostheer-only, as of the last patch).

How about you also show us your playercard, too? Maybe that will help me remember if we've played before.

Unfortunately I can't, because the new patch erased all my previous replays.
But I'm willing to play you in a 1v1 tomorrow, how about that?

I mean you seriously think you can beat me with your level?

You admit yourself that you rarely ever play 1v1, yet you are able to influence the balancing of the game?
Where is the logic here?

"I PLAY 1V1 FOR THE LULZ"

This guy is balancing the game, give me a break...

29 Dec 2016, 09:00 AM

'
No, I'm pissed off that somebody I can beat playing with one hand is going to influence how I play a game I paid for.'

You could probably beat the very devs that made the game itself, idiot! How much did they 'influence' the game you play?
29 Dec 2016, 09:01 AM
Senior Referee Badge

You admit yourself that you rarely ever play 1v1, yet you are able to influence the balancing of the game?
Where is the logic here?

Playercard please :), and stop bashing these guys who put a lot of work in saving this game.
29 Dec 2016, 09:02 AM

Where is the logic here?

I updated my post with more info.

I could maybe play 1v1 with you in a month or so. Real life commitments and working on WBP means I don't have enough free time for you.

How about you show us which factions you play?
29 Dec 2016, 09:03 AM

You could probably beat the very devs that made the game itself, idiot! How much did they 'influence' the game you play?

The very devs that made the game are like you said the ones that make the game.
They know how the game is designed, this is the difference.

You don't get the idea then just see this:

With the changes for penals, who will ever pick conscripts?

The Devs would never have made a mistake like this, but now that you let imbeciles balance the game, this clear illogical change is made and will render commanders (I paid for) useless, and the mainline infantry even less picked that it is now, when the idea what to give some importance to it.

The devs knew well that tier 1 without AT tools is part of soviets design, GG and Mr.Smith don't understand it.

29 Dec 2016, 09:06 AM

I updated my post with more info.

I could maybe play 1v1 with you in a month or so. Real life commitments and working on WBP means I don't have enough free time for you.

How about you show us which factions you play?

I play all the factions, and I don't see how that would matter anyway, my point still stands.

I don't have much to tell you, frankly it disgusts me even more to know that you are working on the WBP.

"I play 1v1 for the lulz"

This is the only thing I will remember of the game after I uninstall it next month.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 109
unknown 12
South Africa 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak