Login

russian armor

Worldbuilder questions, and opening Relic / Workshop maps.

25 Dec 2016, 03:11 AM

First the easy questions:

How do I make a prop indestructible? I've seen it done in other maps on the Steam Workshop, but I've not found out how it's been done.

Is it possible to rotate a prop so that it snaps to axis alignment? For example, facing west, facing east, facing north, facing south.

Now the harder question, since CoH2 has 'hidden' Props that are only present on Relic's maps, you can only get them by stamping them from an official map. How do I open the official maps? I've heard you need to use an SGA extractor but I am unfamiliar with it.

Quick Edit: I found Janne's Map Extractor and it looks simple enough. I'll try it when I have time.
25 Dec 2016, 06:21 AM

For extracting official maps:

COH2 Mod Builder.

Under Tools > Archive Viewer

Open: MPScenarios.sga (Or any of the other .sga labelled scenarios.)

From there it displays a whole mess of maps which you can then select to extract everything you'll need.

Then open up Worldbuilder and load up the extracted map. (It can be a little confusing to find a specific map or map version.)

For making props indestructible, there's a number of things you can do, none of which are perfect.

The most basic way is to set the desired prop to 'visual' which doesn't actually act as an object, but this removes all shot,sight,movement blocking features of the entity. You can then paint impassable terrain and add shot/sight blocking dummy objects to create an effectively indestructable object. This can be a little clunky and really hard to do with small, fine objects. Better for houses, housing blocks, churches, etc.

Rotating props so that it snaps to an alignment is sorta possible.

There is 'snap to grid' which snaps the object to the nearest grid which can be useful for making a line of objects (without using splines). You can also designate placed objects to face a certain degree every time (or randomize it). But once placed you can't really snap rotate them to my knowledge.

But you can at least freely rotate an object to a desired direction and then duplicate it to retain the desired heading.

Splines can be useful for having a series of repeated objects that need to face certain directions. Especially things like power lines and fences/walls.
25 Dec 2016, 07:49 AM

For extracting official maps:

COH2 Mod Builder.

Under Tools > Archive Viewer

Open: MPScenarios.sga (Or any of the other .sga labelled scenarios.)

From there it displays a whole mess of maps which you can then select to extract everything you'll need.

Then open up Worldbuilder and load up the extracted map. (It can be a little confusing to find a specific map or map version.)

I didn't find the directory for Relic's maps, but I found one for Locks, which is the map that showcased many of the things I wanted to do. I can take examples from that, I've already learned that the invincibility is part of a SCAR script attached to the map, rather than something you toggle in Worldbuilder. He's also using a few things that I can stamp for my own use later, such as certain catwalks introduced with British Forces but not present in Worldbuilder.

Thank you much for explaining how to extract, I've learned almost everything I wanted to know in seconds by looking to finished examples.
25 Dec 2016, 11:58 AM

Now the harder question, since CoH2 has 'hidden' Props that are only present on Relic's maps, you can only get them by stamping them from an official map. How do I open the official maps? I've heard you need to use an SGA extractor but I am unfamiliar with it.

Quick Edit: I found Janne's Map Extractor and it looks simple enough. I'll try it when I have time.

I allways use Jannes Map Extractor to open maps from relic and workshop. It is the easiest way to do it.

Don´t know if this is up to date, but may help you. Relic Maps

Edit: Link files are not up to date.

25 Dec 2016, 12:16 PM

Just read your shoutbox comment..

Open Jannes Extractor. Search relic maps under steam..../companyofheroes2/coh2/archives and select mpscenarios. Drag file into Jannes Extractor. After extracting to the folder, you should be able to use them in wb.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★