Login

russian armor

A summary of balance feedback for COH2

27 Jul 2013, 20:11 PM

Permanently Banned
"Trying to outright kill a sniper is like trying to outright kill any other non vehicle unit that can retreat, it is nice if it happens but you can't always count on it."

Except for killing Ost Sniper.
27 Jul 2013, 23:14 PM

For the love of God somebody please fix Strafe. I can't play Russians because it's spammed every game.
27 Jul 2013, 23:54 PM

For the love of God somebody please fix Strafe. I can't play Russians because it's spammed every game.

I think that's actually forcing a lot of ppl (myself included) away from COH2 multiplayer atm - you're either forced to play Germans or hope that your opponent isn't a douche and spams strafe all day long.

Any hotfix to effectively get rid of strafe would have been preferred. Instead, the devs just allow the COH2 multiplayer base to rot away as strafe keeps on getting used.
28 Jul 2013, 00:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2013, 23:54 PMhubewa

I think that's actually forcing a lot of ppl (myself included) away from COH2 multiplayer atm - you're either forced to play Germans or hope that your opponent isn't a douche and spams strafe all day long.

Any hotfix to effectively get rid of strafe would have been preferred. Instead, the devs just allow the COH2 multiplayer base to rot away as strafe keeps on getting used.

I've been trying to learn Russians now for the past week and a half and I simply just can not. Every game is filled with the MG42 +10% Bulletin and Strafe. It' the go-to cheese.

That said, I feel that what I'm doing would work if they didn't exist, I'm using a doctrine with no upgrades to Conscripts and no extra units.
28 Jul 2013, 23:48 PM

Not sure how this got turned into a kill the sniper thread, but I have something to say about it that has not yet been mentioned. I gave soviet snipers a good try, but what made me stop using them more than anything else was grenadier rifle grenades. A single RG can take a sniper squad out in one hit prettymuch every time and at a good range. It seems every German player just goes for my snipers with rifle grenades. If you aren't really sharp and continually monitoring it you can lose your squad easily.

As was mentioned earlier, a halftrack rush with a panzer grenadier squad is pretty good as well. What's more, the halftrack can reinforce sniped members on the spot. If you continually make the sniper retreat, you are making your enemy regret not making an extra squad instead.

Cyridius, if strafing run is that much of an issue for you go tier 3 and get a quad cannon. The problem with that, I admit, is that you are stuck with t34s but you can get around that by calling in commander tanks. The half-track itself isn't so bad if you get it out early enough and use it as a logistics unit.
29 Jul 2013, 00:31 AM

The Quad cannon needs 4 passes to shoot down aircraft. It's no good in that regard.
29 Jul 2013, 01:07 AM

If you let your sniper be both immobile and in range of a RG for a good 4 seconds (time it takes to arm the grenade and have it land) then you fully deserve to lose your sniper since it's a huge micro failure. support and micro your sniper; it should never be in riflenade range for that lon, and the grenadiers shouldn't have free reign to throw it anyway.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★