Login

russian armor

any reason to not buy IR halftrack?

24 Dec 2016, 03:07 AM

^title

I was just wondering what the downside to buying this unit is because I rarely see people using it in 1v1s. super cheap and gives you massive sight boost.
24 Dec 2016, 03:44 AM

Its the most cheating unit in the game, I hate it when people use them against me. Combine it with indirect fire and your units are just constantly under fire!

I think people either overlook it, are simply too focused on meta to use them, or it doesn't fit in with the aggressive style OKW is best at. I'd be interested to know why people don't simply use a free map hack too.
24 Dec 2016, 06:57 AM

although its a great unit for its price and what it does.. mostly people dont wanna spend the 200mp on it, especially during early and midgame where mp is critical for reinforcing and buying combat unitis.
24 Dec 2016, 07:42 AM

^title

I was just wondering what the downside to buying this unit is because I rarely see people using it in 1v1s. super cheap and gives you massive sight boost.

Despite it's ability to see through the map, here are the few issues with the IR half-track.
It takes up space in the population, 200MP could be used to reinforce, get and early command truck, get elite units or tanks early.

Another reason is that it can hardly defend itself from light vehicles that can do plenty of harassment. If it's shot down early 200MP just went down the drain when it could have been used for something else.

Even if the player defends it with a couple of squads, it just takes away capping power and other forces just to protect something so fragile.

I don't expect to see much uses in 1v1s because of how those matches are about outplaying one another. Whereas a 4v4 match, it can get much use from an OKW player because it can detect a build up of units coming in to attack a certain part of the map.

Like Smaug said, 200MP can make a difference in reinforcing squads or getting units early.
24 Dec 2016, 08:58 AM

Like Smaug said, 200MP can make a difference in reinforcing squads or getting units early.

Nobody said you must get it early on.

Tho I get one most of the time, it's always after my first tank arrives. Of course it's bad if everyone wants to buy it in the early game.

It has a great potential even in 1v1s. It's a support unit, not a frontline fighter ofc it won't help you win engagements early game.
24 Dec 2016, 11:21 AM

^title

I´m only talking about medtier because you cannot go mechanized and IR early on

Problem is that in 1v1 OKW is currently too much MP stressed in early phases of game. You need 4 volks squads, rakethen and preferably aslo one HMG to survive against USA rifles + stuart or SOV penals + t70 and against brits you preferably want double leigt to counter they static play.

Then you have to add truck (150mp), medictier (200mp) and medics (150mp) maybe even retreat point if you play agressive medictier.

Afterwards you will probably tech for flak to secure fuel (another 350 mp total) and obers to keep doble lmg USA/UKF squads at bay or to counter russian guards (400 MP). Then you want to get p4 (cca 350 mp) to seal the deal. You also have some bleed.

So as you can see, early on IR halftrack isn´t affordable because you have to spent so much MP to survive and if you don´t get enaught squads/medics/raketen enemy will swarm you and even kill IR halftrack.

I think this is main reason why players don´t use IR halftrack early on and in later stages (where you should get it) they often forget about it becuase all they have in their mind is krupp steel tiger :D

Hector
24 Dec 2016, 21:39 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Three off topic posts invised by a Moderator.

Please try to stay on topic, guys!
24 Dec 2016, 21:51 PM

If you have a surplus of manpower, you can destroy them yourself and farm 5 fuel per wreck lol
24 Dec 2016, 22:30 PM

If you have a surplus of manpower, you can destroy them yourself and farm 5 fuel per wreck lol

Don't they cost 5 fuel? :huhsign:
25 Dec 2016, 11:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2016, 22:30 PMDanyek

Don't they cost 5 fuel? :huhsign:

Yes they do. Also lolbel farming is more efficient, yet completely unefficient
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Australia 15
Russian Federation 11
Peru 5
unknown 5

Ladders Top 10