Login

russian armor

222 vs 251

19 Dec 2016, 21:53 PM

Just want to get out of the way I play 4v4, since I find it the most entertaining, and I usually play COH2 when I need a break from online poker so I don't take the game too serious like a lot of you do.

Just wanted to check with people on my theories on when to pick the 222 vs the 251. First of all I always get the flame upgrade for the 251, I use to use it to reinforce on the field until that ability got nerfed hard.

In my experience, I think the 222 works good in pairs, but is good on wide open maps with lots of flanking, and if your soviet counter part went t1 for penals, snipers and M3, USF went Lieutenant (can't believe I spelled that right without spell check) for the M20 and AA Halftrack, and if the UKF is making use of WASP Universal Carriers. I think it's also good on maps with little heavy cover and buildings, and mostly open (nuetral cover) ground, light cover, and negative cover, is where it really shines.

The Flamethrower 251 is good for urban maps with lots of garrisoned troops in buildings, and units in heavy cover that is hard to dislodge with direct fire from K98k's and MG42 fire.

What do you guys think of my analysis, or would anyone add to it?

Generally speaking, since most maps have a decent amount of buildings and heavy cover, I find the flame 251 to be the unit I pick the vast majority of the time. How do you guys feel?
20 Dec 2016, 03:42 AM

Its situational.

Smith gave a fantastic breakdown of 222 on another thread:
It doesnt fare well against infantry in buildings as the auto cannon is crap.

If however you are getting harassed by clown cars or WASPS, the 222 makes short work of them.

251 is great for urban maps, or dislodging those pesky UK mortars.
It is fantastic when you're doing a drive by on say Lyienne Forest
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS