Login

russian armor

Is 4gren squads too much?

19 Dec 2016, 21:45 PM

This is assuming I did a HMG-Gren-Gren-Gren-Gren opening. Usually I do HMG-Gren-Gren-Gren-Tech to T2

I mainly play 4v4 random, because it's the most enjoyable for me, big battles, and I like to be part of a crew of people as opposed to a team (2v2) or individual (1v1).

Just noticed last time I did it, a few months ago, some of my teammates complained that I had too many grens. I personally think they're people who look for excuses why the team lost, usually after they lost most of their units early into the match, so to make them feel better, they blamed me, when I'm actually a pretty competent player given that I've been playing COH in general, as my favorite game in terms of hours invested, since 2006.

I like the additional AI I get from 4 squads, it helps to have them in 2 teams of 2 squads each to attack from 2 flanks. If the enemy starts doing something that hard counters grens, such as Katyusha spam, if 1 of the 4 squads dies, I don't replace it, and start investing in units that aren't as susceptible to Katyushas.
19 Dec 2016, 23:42 PM

trust in yourself :thumbsup:
20 Dec 2016, 00:09 AM
Donator 11

Do whatever your strategy is. This is absolutely a valid opening in 4v4. Just remember to watch what your teammates and opponents are doing to be able to quickly alter your strategy if needed.
20 Dec 2016, 03:31 AM

@OP, yes, yes it is.

If we ever have the pleasure of playing together, dont get upset at me yelling at you for wasting MP on grens and not having a single mortar while they get rekt my USF orbital cannon...

Then again, I would commend you if you are actually vetting or capping the rest of the non conflicted points.
V-T
12 Jan 2017, 14:46 PM

Depending on situation, 4 Grenadiers could even be too few :D

Personally i usually have three grenadiers and one or two panzergrenadiers with stovepipes, but if enemy is playing infantry heavy, more MGs is better.

Having one or two grens hanging on the flanks just holding the line, and spotting is not the worst idea. They also act as a reserve when your main force gets beaten.

Again, if they just idle and are not in use, then yes. They can be too much.
13 Jan 2017, 19:35 PM

I think so, I would suggest going 2-3 Grenadiers and a Panzergrenaider instead. I'm no professional though.
13 Jan 2017, 21:05 PM
Donator 11

All the above. Cheers
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 4
Korea, Republic Of 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L