Login

russian armor

S73v0 - heals93, Stonethecrow01, Alecino101

2 Sep 2013, 04:20 AM

Due to the whole Ostheer buff come this latest patch, I've decided to do a whole 180 turn and start to play Soviets. There's only so much you can learn as Ostheer and Soviets seem far much challenging but much more rewarding when you can pull off a win!

(Just beat a quick T2 techer whom PG spammed, ended up sniping his PGs and meat shielding my sniper with cons till I could get some light armour out)
2 Sep 2013, 05:56 AM

Cool stuff, im still around tho haven't played 4 a while. (Damn uni course...). Still if u get any replays feel free to post for review.:)
2 Sep 2013, 16:51 PM

As of lately, I've had no losses as Soviets. I'm not sure if you still want me to put up the wins I've had as Soviets for any criticisms in my play style or any area's I should work on.
4 Sep 2013, 02:32 AM

When you get a loss as soviets and have no idea what you did wrong I'll have a look at it. Remember to include a description of what you were thinking about the game.
5 Sep 2013, 15:18 PM

http://www.coh2.org/replays/7761/langres-north-loss

Attached is the replay, I thought I was doing well until the double MG teams came out. North Langres essentially forced me to go snipers due to the vulnerability of the cut off.

Not sure how to deal with MG's without molotovs, was attempting to save fuel for faster tech, didn't turn out as planned.
6 Sep 2013, 16:40 PM

Unfortunately on top of all this, I've been having a really bad slump in the past games. (5 losses 2 wins (3 Soviet 2 Ostheer respectively))

I'd like to do a another mentor course if you have the time, of course? To brush up on Soviet BO's and just general play style bad habits I have.
7 Sep 2013, 03:26 AM

I'll have a look tonight.
8 Sep 2013, 02:50 AM

(SU)Sir Boris vs (OH)Hong

Hey so just a quick review, at the start you ran into the problem of losing too much of the map. There were several things that lead to that. Firstly you didn't keep your conscripts together, one conscript was just capping the left side of the map by itself. I would have sent the engineer to the left side and all conscripts to the right. How can you flank with only 1 conscript? Secondly you must use houses more effectively as they give you lots of vision and don't allow you to get suppressed. If you can spot the mgs you can plan a flank or avoid the area.

Also if you are going for a 3 conscript start you should get molotovs as 3 conscripts by themselves are very weak. You need something to push off mgs and sniper after 3 conscripts takes too long to come because T1 builds so slowly.

You can also try for a sniper start. Build T1 with your starting engy and get a sniper and m3 out first. Then get 3 conscripts and guards. Plant mines and use your m3 to lure scout cars into the mines. This prevents the german player from getting your cutoff early game as you can snipe mg mans trying to camp your cutoff. Your sniper can do tonnes of damage if you keep it alive all game and it discourages further mg play. It might not work as the metagame changes and german players get better at countering this but it is quite fun strat to use and something I recommend.

So you had almost no fuel and you gave the ostheer player alot of fuel. So a panzer 4 came quickly out and you didn't prepare for it. I would have gotten T2 up and gotten out some AT guns. This was your BIGGEST mistake. If you know armour is coming you must prepare for it and building a few mines and getting AT nades and AT guns would have lasted you a little longer. You were floating alot of manpower so you could have easily gotten that up.

Anyways keep it up and keep practicing!

To conclude

• Keep your conscripts together to flank at the beginning as conscripts are weak on their own and without molotovs
  • Get molotovs if going for 3 conscript start, or you can try a sniper start
  • Prepare for armour if you know you gave the ostheer player alot of fuel
  • Don't float manpower
  • Build AT guns if you have no fuel for SU-85s
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak