Login

russian armor

HMGs - remove capping ability

Should all HMGs be unable to cap points?
Option Distribution Votes
30%
67%
3%
Total votes: 64
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
14 Dec 2016, 15:54 PM

Maxim spam has been nerfed a bit but still goes on. It is counterable but means multiple indirect fire units. This is pretty boring.

The constant retreats also give an unfair advantage in terms of map control and veterancy.

I think that if they were unable to cap it would slightly reduce their spammability. What do you think?
14 Dec 2016, 16:26 PM

If we need to look at the Maxim spam then we should make changes to the Maxim specifically and not all MGs just because.
14 Dec 2016, 16:28 PM

All team weapons should be unable to cap, nothing more frustrating than a cloaked rak capping a point right under your nose.
14 Dec 2016, 17:00 PM

This is a terrible idea - it's a super nerf to factions who can build MGs from Tier 0 (or close to it in the case of Soviets) and makes early MG builds useless because you can't cap at all and for example forces Ost to build only Pios and Grens at start if you want any capping at all.

Also I believe team weapons have a slower capping speed anyway... so it's not like you don't already have a capping handicap with going Maxim spam anyway

I suggest focusing on getting better at countering Maxim spam than just suggesting blanket nerfs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMHyszLTt5A&t=246s
14 Dec 2016, 17:57 PM

Yeah, removing raketten cloak also sounds more reasonable than anything else. Cloak, only when stationary. No more creeping around please, but this is a diffrent story.
14 Dec 2016, 18:03 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2016, 17:57 PMNubb3r
Yeah, removing raketten cloak also sounds more reasonable than anything else. Cloak, only when stationary. No more creeping around please, but this is a diffrent story.

Creeping is what makes raketen unique and fun to play. Shouldn't be completely removed.

Do play the ballance mod though. It is harder to do with new camo mechanics.
14 Dec 2016, 18:12 PM

@OP Nope, bad idea. It would butcher Ostheer's map control even further, since you NEED and mg42 and can't spend the manpower on some other capping units.

As for other suggestions for removing cloak from rakettens. If you do so, you need to remove the raketten. The thing can't do much without its cloak.

The problem with maxim spam is that there are 6 guys in a maxim weapon team. If you have 3 or 4 maxims in buildings, you are in a bad world of pain. We must be careful with nerfing maxim, it can be cast into horribleness easily again.
14 Dec 2016, 18:17 PM

Don't remove capping ability just make it like it is in DoW II: make it so a unit cannot set up if it wants to capture.

Poll edited to be more open-ended.
14 Dec 2016, 18:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2016, 16:28 PMLatch
All team weapons should be unable to cap, nothing more frustrating than a cloaked rak capping a point right under your nose.

Weren't cloaked units unable to capture territory in COH1? Couldn't Relic do this to all cloaked units?
14 Dec 2016, 18:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2016, 18:17 PMSwift
Don't remove capping ability just make it like it is in DoW II: make it so a unit cannot set up if it wants to capture.

Poll edited to be more open-ended.

That actually sounds good.

If you want to keep rak cloak, then maybe make it even slower. Ambush tactics doesn't mean ambush is coming to you, unless we are in soviet russia of course.
14 Dec 2016, 19:10 PM

All weapon teams should NOT be able to cap if you ask me, not just MGs.
14 Dec 2016, 19:38 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Just disable capping while cloaked and maybe reduce capping speed for weapon teams to something like 75%. Anything else would be overkill, if you ask me.
14 Dec 2016, 19:43 PM

I meant to vote "No" but I just woke up and misread the question. Maxim spam is a problem, but imo this is not the right solution.
14 Dec 2016, 19:49 PM
Senior Caster Badge

HMG's capping points is not good for gameplay, but a flat removal of it will punish Wehrmacht and British as they typically open with MG.

The way I did it in my (non Relic) mod was that HMG teams can not capture in combat, the moment they engage enemies the cap stops until they are out of combat.

Regardless, likely not something we'll ever see changed.
14 Dec 2016, 20:22 PM

Because it was i thing in vCOH, that doesn't mean that it should be in COH2.
vCOHs capping was different, no capping circle.
And a support unit is still a unit, so no!!!
14 Dec 2016, 21:08 PM

+1. If OST/UKF rely on their MGs to cap points, then they have to stop relying on that.

GG's idea is another, less intrusive alternative.
14 Dec 2016, 21:27 PM

Because it was i thing in vCOH, that doesn't mean that it should be in COH2.
vCOHs capping was different, no capping circle.
And a support unit is still a unit, so no!!!

Got nothing to do with CoH1 and I never said it did.

It's above spammability of support weapons, especially the maxim. Further nerfs to the Maxim are not possible or it would be useless. This change would leave it useful but not possible to spam with.
14 Dec 2016, 21:29 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2016, 18:19 PMGrumpy

Weren't cloaked units unable to capture territory in COH1? Couldn't Relic do this to all cloaked units?

Well, technically speaking, they could capture and the cloaking ability remained on them, but the real point of it (e.g. being invisible) was invalidated by doing so and downgraded to taking less ranged damage (25%, I think).
14 Dec 2016, 21:30 PM

HMG's capping points is not good for gameplay, but a flat removal of it will punish Wehrmacht and British as they typically open with MG.

The way I did it in my (non Relic) mod was that HMG teams can not capture in combat, the moment they engage enemies the cap stops until they are out of combat.

Regardless, likely not something we'll ever see changed.

I thought about the non-combat capping ability but for Maxims with their fast set-up, it wouldn't actually change anything. They'd a-move to the sector and cap, then if attacked, just set up.

it might punish wehr and UKF a little but since they typically build only 1 MG, I don't think it would be so severe. It would, however, do a lot to remove Maxim spam from the game. Either the players takes an extra con and one less maxim or they sacrifice capping power.

but yes, it is unlikely to be changed.
14 Dec 2016, 21:32 PM

This is a terrible idea - it's a super nerf to factions who can build MGs from Tier 0 (or close to it in the case of Soviets) and makes early MG builds useless because you can't cap at all and for example forces Ost to build only Pios and Grens at start if you want any capping at all.

Also I believe team weapons have a slower capping speed anyway... so it's not like you don't already have a capping handicap with going Maxim spam anyway

I suggest focusing on getting better at countering Maxim spam than just suggesting blanket nerfs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMHyszLTt5A&t=246s

Your hyperbole is deafening.

It would only have a noticeable effect on Maxim spam. How many points do you cap with your MG42? 1? 2? C'mon, relax man...

Not sure about your supposition that support weapons cap slower. You should check that idea.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★