Login

russian armor

Metascore User Score 1.7 Ouch!

• This thread is locked
PAGES (6)down
26 Jul 2013, 13:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2013, 13:06 PMSukha
I love all those Historians in this thread that come up with singular events during that era and then totally ignore the Larger picture.

This. Remember when X executed Y during [Insert Date here]?

I believe that even today Russians, as they should, take great pride in the achievement of driving back a foreign invader. If they feel offended that is their opinion. No point in trying to bring up individual events to try and detract from the idea that a nation is proud of defending itself.

I like to think that those on the forum are educated enough to find sources of information individually, and do their own research into certain eras and events. Although from looking at the majority of comments on MetaCritic, that doesn't seem to be the case.
26 Jul 2013, 13:43 PM
Patrion 26

Please stop, before we escalate this on another level. I am trying to be polite here.
Kindly ask you to do the same.
26 Jul 2013, 13:51 PM

I'm being nice to you. I'm just pointing facts and historical events which almost set Europe on fire.
And yes, Soviets weren't the good guys. And yes, USA saved Europe from Soviets more than Nazis.

If you want to learn more about it, open a book but asking me to shoot myself isn't really polite.
26 Jul 2013, 13:54 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Guys, the discussion is not going in the right direction, I had to invisible some posts and some of you are going to get warned. Please keep this discussion civil. Thanks :)
26 Jul 2013, 13:59 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2013, 13:51 PMPepsi
I'm being nice to you. I'm just pointing facts and historical events which almost set Europe on fire.
And yes, Soviets weren't the good guys. And yes, USA saved Europe from Soviets more than Nazis.

If you want to learn more about it, open a book but asking me to shoot myself isn't really polite.

You are more welcome to talk shit about Stalin. But please don`t throw shit at simple soldiers (all of them, not just soviet) who gave their lives for you and me and everyone else here. Europe will always consider USSR, Russians as a threat there is no change in that no matter how hard we try to prove that we as people are not better or worse than you. If you still believe that all the Russians are mindless zombies and savage, I feel sad for you Pepsi.
26 Jul 2013, 14:27 PM

You are mixing your russian nationalism feelings with soviet propaganda, which makes you a fanboy.
Admin pls. close
26 Jul 2013, 14:31 PM

Woah, what a PR nightmare.
26 Jul 2013, 15:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2013, 13:51 PMPepsi

Your posts convey a large dose of elitism, as if you know better than anyone else so you wont even bother explaining anything just state some points that you hold as "facts".

Loads of butt hurt people here. Yes Russia is great country and their people were heroes of ww2, deal with it.
raw
26 Jul 2013, 15:49 PM

Guys, the discussion is not going in the right direction, I had to invisible some posts and some of you are going to get warned. Please keep this discussion civil. Thanks :)

We really don't need these kind of threads on this website, if you ask me. This thread is just one total trainwreck post after another.
26 Jul 2013, 15:58 PM

Just lock the thread please, this is just getting way out of hand.
26 Jul 2013, 16:11 PM

That escalated quickly
26 Jul 2013, 16:42 PM

Are you expecting a 100% accurate depiction of events in a game that is only based on the 2nd world war? The main point is that it is supposed to be entertaining. The game takes distance from the communist regime. There isn´t only a Russian audience. I think especially for Polish people it was important to show how the Soviets (not Russians) didn´t help them to free their country but established just another regime (see the polish Partisan mission).

The regime is portrayed in a bad fashion. I didn´t get the image that the Russian soldier was a "coward" etc. In fact there are heroic moments, where they save the officer and the main person is also sympathetic.

What´s next? German people being offended that their engineering skills in form of tanks aren´t portrayed properly?
PAGES (6)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 12
Germany 106
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %