Login

russian armor

Anyone want a mentor?

5 Dec 2016, 15:15 PM

Hey I'm willing to pick up a mentee, here's my player card http://www.companyofheroes.com/leaderboards#profile/steam/76561198006638848/standings

I have a few requirements, first I'm only teaching you if you are prepared to put in the work and dedicate some time. That means you are playing every week at least 5 games.

You must be primarily playing 1v1s, team games can be fun from time to time but you learn the most from 1v1s.

We will review replays together, this will be the primary method of teaching and it works so you will need to save all your losses. We will also skirmish or I would find you a partner who is better than you to skirmish against. Best way to improve your game is to constantly play someone who will push you to a higher level.

I don't care where your current level is as long as you're not already a top 200 player but you need to want to put some work into getting better and I will aim to get you into top 200 at least.

My timezone is GMT + 12 I'm usually awake from midday to 3 or 4 in the morning my time.

If you're interested PM me or add me on steam (same name as here).

5 Dec 2016, 16:57 PM

Invissed three posts, one for quoting the original offending post.
5 Dec 2016, 17:06 PM

why are you looking for a mentor when your ranks are not even bad? you should follow hans tip of the week and tightropes tip series. besides that there is nothing much i think u can learn besides key areas to contest with certain factions early game.
5 Dec 2016, 17:22 PM
Senior Referee Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Dec 2016, 17:06 PMDAZ187
why are you looking for a mentor when your ranks are not even bad? you should follow hans tip of the week and tightropes tip series. besides that there is nothing much i think u can learn besides key areas to contest with certain factions early game.

learn 2 read pls ;)
5 Dec 2016, 17:23 PM

learn 2 read pls ;)

im sorry but i was a victim of lmctx 10/10 b8
5 Dec 2016, 17:36 PM

Anyone who asks to be a mentor won't be a good one. :loco:

Plus your playcard isn't good enough :p
5 Dec 2016, 17:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Dec 2016, 17:36 PMStark

Anyone who asks to be a mentor won't be a good one. :loco:

Plus your playcard isn't good enough :p

here we go :clap:
he is clearly not asking but offering to beginnners some help;
and a rank around 150 in 1 vs 1 is good enough to teach things to most of the people.

i won't even ask about your playercard because i don't care, you didn't offer to do anything.

5 Dec 2016, 18:23 PM

Seems like people need a mentor on politeness.
5 Dec 2016, 19:30 PM
Donator 11

If the OP has good enough teaching talent he can be a good one. Mentor doesn't have to be top player. It's enough if he is much better than mantee. In many cases it happens that if the mentor is too good, he will feel like wasting time teaching bad players.
5 Dec 2016, 20:09 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

If the OP has good enough teaching talent he can be a good one. Mentor doesn't have to be top player. It's enough if he is much better than mantee. In many cases it happens that if the mentor is too good, he will feel like wasting time teaching bad players.

^eggzactly.

its...a pretty stupid idea to think top 50 or whatever should be the only ones mentoring.

Especially since most, i'd say 99% of mentees rank in the thousands,or have less than 50 games total.

Sure theres the occasional pasty dork that wants to get mentored from rank 150 to rank 75(which by the way is literally a matter of abusing whatever is broken on the map/faction matchup harder), I guess thats where a top mentor comes in handy.

but other than that at a rank 500-1k level you dont need the likes of Devm to tell you that red cover is bad, green is good, and that you should retreat from MG's and not spam the same infantry unit for the first 10 minutes.

and you sure as hell dont need to be learning about all the abusive shit that a top 50 will spam you with until someones taught you the basics.
6 Mar 2017, 15:54 PM

If u are still interested , ill take you up on you offer.
I took a 6 months break from coh2 to go and play ark
i have a lot of free time and im willing to learn .
Thanks anw
17 Mar 2017, 17:30 PM

Invissed offtopic post.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 62
unknown 20
Germany 16

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W