Login

russian armor

Some QoL suggestions

PAGES (16)down
5 Jul 2018, 09:29 AM
5 Jul 2018, 13:43 PM

Have you considered splitting the Design section off into its own thread? While Relic implementing many of the changes seems unlikely maybe an icon patch could happen? If they're consolidated into their own thread separate from the mechanical changes maybe they could get Andy's attention.
5 Jul 2018, 14:30 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jul 2018, 13:43 PMLago
Have you considered splitting the Design section off into its own thread? While Relic implementing many of the changes seems unlikely maybe an icon patch could happen? If they're consolidated into their own thread separate from the mechanical changes maybe they could get Andy's attention.

This thread works as suggestion databse since Mr. Smith was in charge. I don't have contact with balance team after his resign, so maybe it need to be rebuilded in new way. But imo better to keep them here in one thread, so Andy and community balance team can find it easily instead of lurking several threads.

I remind about this list with every new patch announcment. Even if nothing from current list will be in the game, i am already happy, that a lot of stuff was mentioned and fixed due to this thread (it was bigger before, much bigger). Many thank's to Mr. Smith and Miragefla for that!

P.S. Andy knows about this thread. So... let's hope for the best! He at least answer on my requests, not like Kyle. That's why i have good feeling ^_^
5 Jul 2018, 14:36 PM

I figured a dedicated Icon Patch thread might have more of a chance because it's self-contained, but it's your call. :)
6 Oct 2018, 11:06 AM

I think this is a good QoL change:

sWS Halftracks can no longer be called in, instead you can call in a Med HQ, Mech HQ and Flakpanzer HQs which can deploy and undeploy anywhere on the map.

It fixes several design issues with the OKW:

No more being able to make a sWS after all HQs have been setup, I've done this multiple times in order to have a quick replacement if I lose an HQ truck.

No more cheap canceling of an HQ truck's deployment if it becomes under fire to get back resources.

Gives the option to players to adapt to the situation with their trucks instead of regretting their decisions on where to place their HQ truck for the rest of the game.
6 Oct 2018, 12:54 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I think this is a good QoL change:

sWS Halftracks can no longer be called in, instead you can call in a Med HQ, Mech HQ and Flakpanzer HQs which can deploy and undeploy anywhere on the map.

It fixes several design issues with the OKW:

No more being able to make a sWS after all HQs have been setup, I've done this multiple times in order to have a quick replacement if I lose an HQ truck.

No more cheap canceling of an HQ truck's deployment if it becomes under fire to get back resources.

Gives the option to players to adapt to the situation with their trucks instead of regretting their decisions on where to place their HQ truck for the rest of the game.

This change is more about balance issues, only because it can undeploy and move away.
My thread aimed to make game more comfortable to play and UI fixing, without influence on balance.
6 Oct 2018, 13:19 PM

This change is more about balance issues, only because it can undeploy and move away.
My thread aimed to make game more comfortable to play and UI fixing, without influence on balance.

Since the USF base was mentioned here I thought it would fall into the same category, that's why I mentioned it.
6 Oct 2018, 13:28 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Since the USF base was mentioned here I thought it would fall into the same category, that's why I mentioned it.

The difference is, that USF redesigned base still the USF base, but more comfortable to use. There is no any balance issues with this change, because redesign doesn't give any new options for USF player. As Mr.Someguy mentioned in his thread 3 years ago, it's supposed to be more like UKF base.

Your suggestions give new options for OKW player. That's the problem. I do really like this idea, but according to my own rules:
Suggest your own ideas! But remember, this thread not for:
- Balance suggestions
- Faction redesign suggestions
- Creating new 3D stuff (due to modding restrictions from Relic)
7 Jan 2019, 17:04 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Long time passed, time to update this list. Fortunately, some issues were solved! But some new was found.

As a start, i want to show issues with british forward assembly.
1. Using icon from british medics for field hospital upgarde, other fiels hostipals using unique symbol.
->
Other field hospitalc upgrade icons for comparison

2. Field hospital, for some reason, using aura notification from advanced assembly. It's confusing. It should be removed, because other field hospitals don't have any notification like this.

3. Advanced assembly, after all changes, become simple repair station upgrade, with addition like building repair. New icon should better match for it. Also, it will mix well with field hosital upgrade.
->
It has the same style, as OKW repair station upgrade
7 Jan 2019, 19:01 PM

Long time passed, time to update this list. Fortunately, some issues were solved! But some new was found.

As a start, i want to show issues with british forward assembly.
1. Using icon from british medics for field hospital upgarde, other fiels hostipals using unique symbol.
->
Other field hospitalc upgrade icons for comparison

2. Field hospital, for some reason, using aura notification from advanced assembly. It's confusing. It should be removed, because other field hospitals don't have any notification like this.

3. Advanced assembly, after all changes, become simple repair station upgrade, with addition like building repair. New icon should better match for it. Also, it will mix well with field hosital upgrade.
->
It has the same style, as OKW repair station upgrade

I keep wondering why the community team keeps not adding your suggestions.
7 Jan 2019, 19:40 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I keep wondering why the community team keeps not adding your suggestions.

That's not true. Ckeck out changed units, abilities and upgrades from the last commanders patch, they all have their own new icons, except some small issues, which i believe will be fixed with one of future hotfixes.
Also, a lot of stuff were fixed with in-game files during previous community patches.
10 Jan 2019, 18:02 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Commissar and Infantry Section healing abillity.

They using icon from Ostheer medkit, which heal only one squad. I suggest to change their icon on variant from USF ambulance and medics, because their ability working as an aura, just like comm and IF ability.
->

Smoke Raid Operation
For some reason using icon from regular raid operation in the game. In main menu everything is fine.
->
19 Jan 2019, 14:02 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

At least two units don't coded correctly as captured vehicle (iow taken by other factions after abandon).
SdKfz 251/20 doesn't have coded strings for unit information (white text) and "advice" text (yellow text).

And second unit doesn't have everything. No portrait, no shieldsymbol, nameless, no white and yellow text. try to guess, who is it. :lol:

P.S. the answer
28 Jan 2019, 11:44 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Some field construction don't using correct portraits for them.
- M6 mine using summer portrait on winter map.
- USF tank traps using winter portrait for summer maps.

OKW and Ostheer tank traps using incorrect symbol for requirements. They using arrow symbol, like access to tank traps require some upgrade for it.

Ostheer field fortifications (from Osttruppen doctrine) and improved field fortification(from defensive doctrine) don't appear in field construction menu for grenadiers, panzergrenadiers and osttruppen before required commander points will be reached. All other field constructions in the game appearing immediately in the construction menu, but locked untill the player reach required number of commander points.
6 Feb 2019, 12:03 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I would like to get some opinions about greandes icons.
1. Should explosion behind the grenade connected with it's efficiency? Something like small (reg greandes), medium (bundle and gammon) and large (biggammon and satchel).
2. Should AT-nades have any symbol about their AT-nature, like CavRifles have on their AT-satchel?
6 Feb 2019, 14:56 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I would like to get some opinions about greandes icons.
1. Should explosion behind the grenade connected with it's efficiency? Something like small (reg greandes), medium (bundle and gammon) and large (biggammon and satchel).
2. Should AT-nades have any symbol about their AT-nature, like CavRifles have on their AT-satchel?

I'd say yes to both, because it makes the icons more informative.
6 Feb 2019, 15:01 PM

Anything that conveys information more easily to new players its welcomed
6 Feb 2019, 16:03 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I'd say yes to both, because it makes the icons more informative.

Anything that conveys information more easily to new players its welcomed

Thank you very much for your opinions! :thumbsup:
8 Feb 2019, 14:02 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Grenades Pack first iteration

Flame grenades

Small frag grenades

Medium frag grenades

Large frag grenades

AT grenades

8 Feb 2019, 14:18 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge