Login

russian armor

Some QoL suggestions

PAGES (16)down
4 Apr 2017, 16:23 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

BUG unit garrisoned in RBEusfusfokwokwsovietssovietsostheerostheerbritsbrits

Coh2live, When unit is garrisoned and you select the construction appears barracks in RedBallExpress map.

I fixed this bug and I hope relic authorizes to be integrated into GCS patch:

4 Apr 2017, 16:39 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Coh2live, When unit is garrisoned and you select the construction appears barracks in RedBallExpress map.

Nice work Capiqua!
4 Apr 2017, 17:10 PM

Can you tell me the name of the building? I can't read the names from the screenshot very clearly.
4 Apr 2017, 17:12 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

environment\buildings\eastern_urban\buildings\plaster02_6x3_civic_01\plaster02_6x3_civic_01\plaster02_6x3_civic_01

5 Apr 2017, 08:48 AM

I got this recommendation from someone in the official forums. So, let's put that on the tab:

Balance-Team, can you change some explosive effects for cosmetics? :) Can you give Pershing and Jackson same projectile explosion animation as Ost Tiger? The have all around caliber 88 too 90. They don't need this huge effect, it looks strange. Same for Firefly, can you give it same as Panther? I made a little mod for that, it looks much nicer.

5 Apr 2017, 09:18 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I got this recommendation from someone in the official forums. So, let's put that on the tab:

As addition to this suggestion - general sound standartisation for guns and vehicles engines. At the moment they can be separated on Eastern and Western systems of sounds.
For example will be cool to give all heavy vehicles loud engine sound in the fog of war, like Royal Tiger or Churchill have. Here is, actually, big field of work :lol:
5 Apr 2017, 17:48 PM

Imo having to chose an infantry in order to chose side of exit in building is rather has little point.

When order to exit infantries should exit on the side ones clikcs.
6 Apr 2017, 08:10 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Conscript repair kit

I have made some variatns to better clarify, what abillity doing:

Variant 1

Variant 2

Variant 3

Variant 4 (my favorite)
6 Apr 2017, 10:43 AM

Now we have ability to rotate buildings before construction. I think indication of exit from buildings will be very helpful.
13 Apr 2017, 18:31 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I think it would be very useful QoL change
Conscript merge would function a whole lot better if it reduced the squad to 1 man instead of completely removing the squad.

Also, i have made some variants for handbrake abillity, it connect with small green shield, which appears, when handbrake "On". And imo it looks more seamlessly, than current one.

Variant 1

Variant 2

Variant 3
18 Apr 2017, 23:01 PM

Do you want a fix for the instant garrison/ungarrision? We've done all the hard work and are willing to share the code if it is wanted and authorized to go into the live game.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/59743/instant-garrisoning-ungarrisoning-needs-to-go/post/603970
19 Apr 2017, 00:16 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Do you want a fix for the instant garrison/ungarrision? We've done all the hard work and are willing to share the code if it is wanted and authorized to go into the live game.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/59743/instant-garrisoning-ungarrisoning-needs-to-go/post/603970

IIRC it was by design, to make units more responsive (this was also when we had random building crits).
19 Apr 2017, 07:17 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

IIRC it was by design, to make units more responsive (this was also when we had random building crits).

Correct
20 Apr 2017, 03:39 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Unsure if this has ever been mentioned but I'm not going to be reading 250 comments on QoL. Sorry :)

QoL suggestion: Force reload

Add a button to most units, aside from single shot units such as tanks, to force all units in the squad to reload their weapons with a fresh clip so that when they enter the next engagement they can have a full clip of ammuntion. It's an irritating feeling when your opponet moves into your MG arc and it only had 2 rounds left in its clip so it immediatly has to reload and he can close the gap for a grenade and force your MG away.

This can apply for all non single shot weapons but is more impactful on automatics as they generally have longer reload times. MGs, StGs, Thompsons etc.

Let me know what you think and if it's possible to implement.^_^
20 Apr 2017, 05:27 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Unsure if this has ever been mentioned but I'm not going to be reading 250 comments on QoL. Sorry :)

QoL suggestion: Force reload

Add a button to most units, aside from single shot units such as tanks, to force all units in the squad to reload their weapons with a fresh clip so that when they enter the next engagement they can have a full clip of ammuntion. It's an irritating feeling when your opponet moves into your MG arc and it only had 2 rounds left in its clip so it immediatly has to reload and he can close the gap for a grenade and force your MG away.

This can apply for all non single shot weapons but is more impactful on automatics as they generally have longer reload times. MGs, StGs, Thompsons etc.

Let me know what you think and if it's possible to implement.^_^

It is possible, miragefla have added reload button in his competetive mod. It was mentioned before and i hope it will be implemented :)
20 Apr 2017, 06:00 AM

I feel like it'd be more user friendly to just have ammo instantly reset once a unit has been out of combat for X seconds. Manual reloading adds unnecessary micro to every infantry unit, and clutters up button space. Automatic reload opens the door to potential exploits, like baiting a machine gun, waiting for the reload to trigger, then sprinting up to grenade it. But if it's possible to make ammo automatically reset after a few seconds out of combat, it's be the perfect solution.
20 Apr 2017, 06:36 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I feel like it'd be more user friendly to just have ammo instantly reset once a unit has been out of combat for X seconds. Manual reloading adds unnecessary micro to every infantry unit, and clutters up button space. Automatic reload opens the door to potential exploits, like baiting a machine gun, waiting for the reload to trigger, then sprinting up to grenade it. But if it's possible to make ammo automatically reset after a few seconds out of combat, it's be the perfect solution.

Man, I'd love that. Also, manual reloading too, because these things just happen (what if your HMG's 6 second away from a blob after beating back another unit? It could happen!...I'm pretty sure that's the time to lose the red crosshair on the unit at the top right, so that would be less than standard reloading time and more than OOC+a few seconds).

I vaguely feel like it would be possible since I think the animations and duration for reloading aren't mandatory/can be controlled, but I would still not be able to be say this for certain.
21 Apr 2017, 09:06 AM

Could you add the following suggestion to the list?

- Give handbrake_v2 to all assault-gun/fixed-arc units

This will allow your units to use their full offensive capacity without clicking like mad to prevent your stugs/etc from rotating every time you get flanked.

The difficulty in implementing this is finding a grid-key location and hotkey that is common for all transports and assault guns.

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2017, 06:36 AMVuther

Man, I'd love that. Also, manual reloading too, because these things just happen (what if your HMG's 6 second away from a blob after beating back another unit? It could happen!...I'm pretty sure that's the time to lose the red crosshair on the unit at the top right, so that would be less than standard reloading time and more than OOC+a few seconds).

I vaguely feel like it would be possible since I think the animations and duration for reloading aren't mandatory/can be controlled, but I would still not be able to be say this for certain.

With Maxim spam hopefully fixed, I think that manual reloading can be close to becoming a reality.

For CQC units, I would go for automatic reloading. Say; if the unit has been out of combat for 10 seconds, they could be forced to change their clips. That way, we avoid the clutter of adding yet another button in the interface.

Machinegun automatic reloading is probably not a good idea. If automatic reloading triggers while you are not setup, it will be scheduled for next time you setup. That's probably the last thing you want your MG to do.

However, what would really help CQC units is a hold-fire button. Clip size is calculated in bursts. Firing a single bullet at max range expends the same amount of ammo as firing a full burst at hug-range. For elite units it might be better to simply give them unconditional access to hold fire. They're elite after all!
22 Apr 2017, 03:14 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

...Machinegun automatic reloading is probably not a good idea. If automatic reloading triggers while you are not setup, it will be scheduled for next time you setup. That's probably the last thing you want your MG to do.

However, what would really help CQC units is a hold-fire button. Clip size is calculated in bursts. Firing a single bullet at max range expends the same amount of ammo as firing a full burst at hug-range. For elite units it might be better to simply give them unconditional access to hold fire. They're elite after all!

Thank you for educating us in your wizardry. It is a shame to hear that, but it is always good to be informed.

I certainly also agree with this. I always feel bad watching my SMG troops definitely wasting their bullets firing at max-range while running up to stuff.
26 Apr 2017, 21:35 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Space between rows should be increased, because at the moment veterancy stars 4 and 5 from vehicles are deposited on picked weapon of infantry units

-Command Panther still showing 10cp in the main menu, but should be 11cp.
-Some Red Army doctrines (for example defensive doctrine) have different row of the abillities in the game and in the main menu (usually because this abillities have the same cost in CP)
-Land Matress should be the last abillity in his doctrine, because it is the most expensive abillity in term of CP (8 CP), but at the moment it stay before repair abillity (which cost 6 CP)
PAGES (16)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight