Login

russian armor

Some QoL suggestions

PAGES (16)down
14 Jan 2017, 15:06 PM

To change the colors takes a few minutes, but I'd like to keep the shields gold like the vanilla icons.

I made several variants, which one do you prefer?

Gold on silver is really nice. I think its the nicest one.

Then silver on gold,
bronze on gold

and last is bronze on silver
14 Jan 2017, 16:49 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I made several variants, which one do you prefer?

Can you please make this buttons:

But with design like this buttons:

I think it will the best varint for structure and building buttons.
14 Jan 2017, 19:59 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Can you please make this buttons:

But with design like this buttons:

I think it will the best varint for structure and building buttons.

That's quite difficult without the original transparent icons. This is the first version:
14 Jan 2017, 20:47 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

That's quite difficult without the original transparent icons. This is the first version:

A M A Z I N G! That' what i want to see!
16 Jan 2017, 10:58 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

WBP v1.05 and live OKW le.IG Has the icons prioritized swapped
21 Jan 2017, 10:22 AM

The USF abilities Volley fire and suppressing fire require to aim at a unit.

This is problematic since when use in range many times make the unit move some times even leading in leaving cover. Tha is more common with suppressing fire that seem to be able to used in small range than 35.

Imo it would be an improvement if both abilities did not require to target a unit before using them but worked like tactical move.
21 Jan 2017, 13:21 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2017, 10:22 AMVipper
The USF abilities Volley fire and suppressing fire require to aim at a unit.

This is problematic since when use in range many times make the unit move some times even leading in leaving cover. Tha is more common with suppressing fire that seem to be able to used in small range than 35.

Imo it would be an improvement if both abilities did not require to target a unit before using them but worked like tactical move.

Agreed, suppressing fire for Vickers K on universal carrier was changed like you have suggested.
23 Jan 2017, 10:13 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

ROTATE TIERS 1/2/3/4 sovietssoviets-ostheerostheer

I made some small changes to be able to rotate the Tiers of SOV and WEHR, I hope relic authorizes to be integrated into WBP

Mod RotateTier--->
23 Jan 2017, 10:39 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2017, 10:13 AMcapiqua

I made some small changes to be able to rotate the Tiers of SOV and WEHR, I hope relic authorizes to be integrated into WBP

Mod RotateTier--->

Nice, thank you! Added it to the first post.
23 Jan 2017, 11:03 AM
Senior Referee Badge

Mod RotateTier--->

That's cool :thumbsup:
23 Jan 2017, 14:41 PM

And veeeery useful :facepalm:
24 Jan 2017, 10:27 AM

Nice work on something that should've been done by Relic four years ago. Hope we can have it now at least.
25 Jan 2017, 11:29 AM

I have become increasingly aware that certain toggle abilities have a cooldown time between activating and deactivating the ability.

For instance, you can't deactivate the handbrake ability for 1 second after you've activated the ability. This makes a "hot drop" a bit more dangerous than it should. For v1.7 I'm reducing the cooldown time to 0.125 seconds (basically instant).

Are there any other toggle abilities in the game that you would like me remove this cooldown timer for? I am aware that prioritise vehicles / hold fire also have the same 1-second timer. However, I think it might not be safe to remove the cooldown from them.
25 Jan 2017, 11:31 AM

Mod RotateTier--->

I'll try to convince Kyle, though I think it won't be difficult :)

Have you tried this with vs CPU? Is the CPU still able to build their tiers?

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2017, 10:58 AMcapiqua

We didn't change anything for LeIG; or is this what you're trying to say?

I agree this looks confusing, but I think that was the intended design. The icon shows the state of the unit AFTER you click the ability. It's the same for ambulance/prioritise vehicles etc.
25 Jan 2017, 13:10 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Mod RotateTier--->

If it is proven. The AI acts normally

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2017, 10:58 AMcapiqua

Here sniper icons right:

Icons changued:
25 Jan 2017, 14:24 PM

awesome. sadly it needs the entire community to fix the game.

1) and what about the retreat area of the base? usually the troops need to stick 1cm to the base until the player can finally control them again. what about changing the radius to a couple of meters? this would help a lot

2) leaving buildings should also get fixed. usually the models clump up in a single one. coh1 did that much better.. 1 model after another leaves the building, as it should be

3) proper pathing. instead of stopping, rotating, accelerating, the vehicles could simply drive proper curves. it cant be that hard as it is sooo annoying

4) fixing the vehicle bug which sometimes magically pulls your vehicle back for a couple of meters. it usually happens on high speed (forward). this bug also exists in coh1 :) :facepalm:

25 Jan 2017, 14:46 PM

I like the shield and house icons for the fortifications and buildings respectively. There icons are very easy to identify however I think a colour change to further differentiate them from the rest of the ui, gold on black isn't the best colour choice imo.

I think another QoL is about retreating raketens. Could you not make them pull the weapon backwards like in a reverse move instead of going forward into enemy fire and 180 turn?
25 Jan 2017, 19:14 PM

2) leaving buildings should also get fixed. usually the models clump up in a single one. coh1 did that much better.. 1 model after another leaves the building, as it should be

This, coupled with the low entering time into buildings and low delay between entering a building and firing are the main reasons why garrisons feel very, very gimmickyin CoH2. It was nice to have more/responsive control over units around garrisons, but it promotes cheesy play.

The way that this was combatted, was by replacing "OP" buildings with low-hp and/or lower amount of window replacements (e.g. Faymonville appraoch).

It works for the most part, but sometimes this nature still shines through.
25 Jan 2017, 22:54 PM
Patrion 27

I have become increasingly aware that certain toggle abilities have a cooldown time between activating and deactivating the ability.

For instance, you can't deactivate the handbrake ability for 1 second after you've activated the ability. This makes a "hot drop" a bit more dangerous than it should. For v1.7 I'm reducing the cooldown time to 0.125 seconds (basically instant).

Are there any other toggle abilities in the game that you would like me remove this cooldown timer for? I am aware that prioritise vehicles / hold fire also have the same 1-second timer. However, I think it might not be safe to remove the cooldown from them.

USF Ambulance heal toggle please please please. The unit is far too slow and low health to have any sort of cooldown on its only ability.
26 Jan 2017, 01:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2017, 13:10 PMcapiqua

Here sniper icons right:

Icons changued:

I checked the icons again. If we take Prioritise Vehicle/KV-8 flameswitch icons as the canonical version, then it's sniper hold fire that is on the wrong. However, I do agree that the way sniper hold fire shows the current state definitely looks better.

I'll try to convince Relic to let us change that D:
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 25
Germany 536

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %