Login

russian armor

Some QoL suggestions

PAGES (16)down
6 Jan 2017, 20:55 PM

God almighty I wish there were a way to do that Mr Someguy. There unfortunately is no way to do so without making it a visual object only which doesn't work well for anywhere gameplay where pathing or combat is occurring.

Working around the clunky chessboard that are coh maps can be extremely frustrating.
6 Jan 2017, 22:39 PM

God almighty I wish there were a way to do that Mr Someguy. There unfortunately is no way to do so without making it a visual object only which doesn't work well for anywhere gameplay where pathing or combat is occurring.

Working around the clunky chessboard that are coh maps can be extremely frustrating.

That's a shame. And here I was thinking the rotated carts made the perfect props for my coal mine map. Shame it rotates the cover icons too, making them next to invisible on the upright cart.
7 Jan 2017, 01:44 AM

That's a shame. And here I was thinking the rotated carts made the perfect props for my coal mine map. Shame it rotates the cover icons too, making them next to invisible on the upright cart.

It works best on small entities that can be crammed into a 2x2 space at the largest. And it's perfectly fine to do so for artistic purposes on the edge of maps or to add more flavor to forest groves, building ruins, etc.
8 Jan 2017, 08:50 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Icons minimap incorrect currently 1.04:

WEHR
HT250 with troops (they have very small icon vehicle instead of the light vehicle).

BRITs
Sexton (It has a bigger icon with respect to the Priest that is correct).

SOV
Zis-6 Truck has a medium icon instead of of the light vehicle.

Edit:Icons minimap incorrect currently 1.04:
Phy
8 Jan 2017, 09:14 AM

8 Jan 2017, 09:25 AM

For once i will not troll or BM and say that all these changes look great. Keep up the hard work. I hope the usf base changes will get implemented. :snfPeter:
8 Jan 2017, 10:14 AM

WEHR
HT250 with troops (they have very small icon vehicle instead of the light vehicle).

BRITs

SOV

thx, I'll have a look.

With respect to HT250, I picked a small icon, since the universal carrier and the M3 also have a small icon (given that all 3 of them are transports).

I also didn't want people to confuse the 250 for the 251 on the minimap. I didn't have the time to check all icons in detail in-game though, and I appreciate the time you took to do this!
8 Jan 2017, 13:08 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jan 2017, 09:25 AMDAZ187
For once i will not troll or BM and say that all these changes look great. Keep up the hard work. I hope the usf base changes will get implemented. :snfPeter:

Suddenly, i think USF base redesign won't be implemented in this patch, as Mr. Smith has said (actually he was talking about icons, but i think it is true about all suggestion, which require a lot of work):
We've talked to Relic.

Unfortunately we won't be adding any icons during this patch cycle. There's a crapload of changes that Relic needs to implement for the bugfixes etc, and they don't want to make the process any more complicated than it already is.

However, this doesn't mean we won't be adding this in the next patch version. Thus, if you keep all of this together, it will be easier for us to locate the icons.

PS: Cheers for the icons!
8 Jan 2017, 13:57 PM

WEHR

BRITs

SOV

I've just readjusted them for WBPv1.5. 250 looks a bit bigger, but not much, to make it easy to pinpoint this as a transport vehicle. Zis truck has the same size.

I also shrunk Sexton by 8% to give it similar size to Priest. I don't know if both icons are too big, still, though. As a USF player, where most of my tanks are medium-size, I want to be able to tell where my Priest and Jacksons are, and ideally to tell them apart from shermans.

Let me know if there's any other icons that need finetweaking.

In the game, there are basically 2 types of minimap icons:
- Default one, which is what medium+ tanks get, both live version and in the mod
- Scout car ones (that looks a bit square. Normally it's only for 222, but I gave all reinforcementHTs the same icon)

The icon sizes are governed separately by "minimap_texture_scale" which is under the sbps.

If somebody wants to undertake telling me for which units to use the scout_car icon, and for which units to leave the default icon, please be my guest :)

I think that the goal of the minimap icons change should be so that players can readily identify where their units are:
- The bigger the stronger
- Ideally, utility units (e.g., reinforcement halftracs/mobile artillery) should have the right icon size to make them easier to discern
- The icon variety should reflect the variety of the faction. For instance, USF has mostly medium tanks, thus I made Pershing look bigger

My guestimate is that there will be at least 4 versions to go. Thus, we have a lot of time to improve and perfect minimap icons.

8 Jan 2017, 18:11 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I've made an icon for the DShK. I think it will fit between the other MG icons.

I hope that you like it :)
8 Jan 2017, 18:16 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I've made an icon for the DShK. I think it will fit between the other MG icons.

I hope that you like it :)

Great! Added it to the first post :thumbsup:
9 Jan 2017, 14:38 PM

Could you add the following to the list, so that we have everything rounded up in one post:

Add some HP indication for OKW trucks on the UI shields (either just T4, or all of them)
9 Jan 2017, 15:23 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Could you add the following to the list, so that we have everything rounded up in one post:

Add some HP indication for OKW trucks on the UI shields (either just T4, or all of them)

Done. You will find it in OKW section :)
9 Jan 2017, 16:02 PM

This picture reminds me that we need to standardise starting positions for this map. Because right now in 1v1 player one player always have advantage (nearer to cut off) while second player gets always base fahrer from cut off. This is randomly set.

Should be that both players get either randomly worse or randomly better starting position, but always the same in terms of other player.
9 Jan 2017, 16:14 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

This picture reminds me that we need to standardise starting positions for this map. Because right now in 1v1 player one player always have advantage (nearer to cut off) while second player gets always base fahrer from cut off. This is randomly set.

Should be that both players get either randomly worse or randomly better starting position, but always the same in terms of other player.

IMHO if map designed to be played 2vs2, it should be only in 2vs2 automatch. I am still fail to see the reason for adding hybrid maps.
9 Jan 2017, 16:56 PM

IMHO if map designed to be played 2vs2, it should be only in 2vs2 automatch. I am still fail to see the reason for adding hybrid maps.

Me too, but if Relic wants to include this map in both 1v1 and 2v2 automatch, then at least both sides in 1v1 match should have same advantage/disatvantage
9 Jan 2017, 21:46 PM

I'm describing the following problem again to be added to the original post.

Currently music that is played during the match is dependent on the map, not the faction. What's more, the Eastern front music is being played on every community map (map not included in original game and expansions). There are two ways to clear this inconsistency:
1) Make it so the Soviets and Wehrmacht have the Eastern front music, USF and OKW the Western front music, and Brits - British music.
2) The previous solution is sometimes not working correctly. When playing against USF as Wehrmacht, the player would still hear the Eastern music. To solve the problem:
-The Allied player would always hear the nation's corresponding music: Soviets - Eastern, USF - Western, Brits - British.
-The Axis player would hear the same music as the Allied player on the same row on the loading screen. This means if we have the following situation:
Player 1 [SOV] Player 2 [OKW]
Player 3 [UKF] Player 4 [WER]
then the OKW player fights Soviets and can hear the Eastern music and the Wehrmacht player fights United States forces and can hear the Western music.
10 Jan 2017, 10:25 AM

Would it be possible to add "priotize vehicles" button for open-topped halftrack used in some Wehr doctrines? it is really a pain in the ass to hunt tanks with panzergrens while they shoot a nearby conscripts with their shrecks while inside.
10 Jan 2017, 11:25 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Would it be possible to add "priotize vehicles" button for open-topped halftrack used in some Wehr doctrines? it is really a pain in the ass to hunt tanks with panzergrens while they shoot a nearby conscripts with their shrecks while inside.

Hey, it is wonderful idea! But for Panzer Grenadiers and other tank-hunter squads. Thank you!
10 Jan 2017, 12:11 PM

Yes it might be usefull for the infantry, but consider that option for ht a well, since the infantry is much easier to micro then vehicles, especially the fagile and nimble one as halftrack
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight