Login

russian armor

Some QoL suggestions

PAGES (16)down
2 Dec 2016, 23:35 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

GREETINGS!

Welcome to the biggest QoL thread on CoH2.org. Here collected a lot of suggestions and ideas about QoL changes and UI improvements. I am trying to give credits and links to every suggestion and stuff.

Special thanks to Capiqua, TheSleep3r, Nubb3r, Mr. Someguy, Mr. Smith, Kasarov and SneakEye for their help, and support!

Suggest your own ideas! But remember, this thread not for:
- Balance suggestions
- Faction redesign suggestions
- Creating new 3D stuff (due to modding restrictions from Relic)

Design section (Icons, shieldsymlbols and etc.)

UI section

Visual section

USF base concept (by Mr. Someguy)

List of suggestions by Tigerass

About abillity to recall excess units(By XaMiaK)

About accidents with stuck Engineers because of their own wire (By EtherealDragon)

Some suggestions from Thunderhun

Voicelines issues

About abandoned HMG and Raketenwerfer 43 in houses (from FiloZverino)

This sources i've used:

List of design suggestions by Capiqua

List of "unpatched" bugs by Carnage1895

Kasarov's art collection

This will make CoH 2 better in the live version:

Numeral Veterancy Descriptions - English Localization Mod (By Harold)

Numeral Veterancy Descriptions - Russian Localization Mod
3 Dec 2016, 01:46 AM

I've been thinking about this for awhile, and I fully agree. It'd be nice to have some QoL changes so I know which of my Machine Guns is a Maxim, and which is an M2. I'd take it a step further and give the Maxim and DShK modified icons due to their differences, maybe a little wheel on the bottom left bullet representing their mobility.
3 Dec 2016, 16:21 PM
3 Dec 2016, 17:02 PM

Fuck Soviets.

edgy
4 Dec 2016, 17:37 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I have decided to make this thread a little big larger. :D

Now i want to talk about weapon emblems under unit icon shield. First of all, why this thing was added in vCoH and saved for CoH2:
1. To show, that unit has weapon upgrade.
2. To show, that unit picked up weapon on the battlefield.
3. To show, that this unit has a sniper rifle. All units with sniper rifle (except british IS on 3 vet) has emblem of scoped G43 (except british sniper with BOYS AT-Rifle emblem). This rule was applied in CoH 2.
4. Unit with flamethrower. This rule was applied in CoH 2.
5. Absolutely forgot about that. Unit with RNG weapon. When you call in infantry, and it go out with different pack of weapon (Partisans before rebalance, airborne from doctrine with M8 Greyhound)

But there is some units in the game, which also have this emblem, but shouldn't:
Guard Rifle Infantry (GRI) - PTRS-41 emblem. Because of this difficult to check, was GRI upgraded with DP-28 or not. I suggest to remove PTRS-41 emblem.
Guard Rifle Infantry Lend-lease (GRI LL) - This unit has the same name with GRI in the game. I suggest to rename it to Guard Assault Infantry (or whatever you want), maybe add to this unit unique icon shield, and remove PPSH-41 emblem.
Panzerschreck Partisans - Remove Panzerschreck emblem. Before partisans rebalance this emblem has some sence, because they can go out or with PTRS-41 or with Panzerschreck, but now there is no need in this emblem.
Lieutenant - has emblem of BAR. I don't know, what to do with this unit. Or make BAR as upgrade, or save it as it is atm.
Sdkfz 222 - has emblem of 20 mm gun. No need in this emblem, because 222 doesn't need to be upgraded anymore.

Now i want to talk about duplicate units in the game. Here are 4 duplicate units:
250 Grenadiers - standart grenadiers, but have MG 42 and don't have upgrades. Change them on standart Grenadiers in the 250, or change this ability on 250 with Panzergrenadiers.
Airborne from doctrine with M8 Greyhound - it is airborne infantry from other airborne doctrine, but with RNG upgrade. Change them on standart airborne ability or remove additional RNG weapon from them and give them upgrades like for airborne + upgarde on 2 zooks.
AT Infantry Squad - standart UKF IS, but with unique upgrade with 2 BOYS AT-Rifle and AT-grenades. Make it like upgrade for standart IS, which locked by doctrine.
Salvage royal sappers - standart royal sappers, but with unique upgrade. Make it as upgrade for standart royal sappers.

Correct me if i have made somewhere mistake and make your suggestions here if i have forgotten something.
6 Dec 2016, 09:31 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Have found some new design issues.
1. When USSR player pick up US mortar, he has portrait of German mortar team. Change it on this portrait.

2.Also, when OKW player pick up any mortar, he has portrait of East-German mortar team. Change this portrait on Volksgrenadier portrait, system like for UKF, where picked Mortar has portrait of IS.

3. US abandoned mortar has portrait of GrW 34 mortar. Not sure, that picture of M1 mortar exist, but this is design issue too.
4. US mortar used icons for abilities from GrW 34 mortar. But here exist unique icons, which used in M21 mortar halftrack (it has M1 mortar too). The only problem, that i haven't seen unique icon for smoke abillity for US mortars.

P.S. Dear modders, i request to change threadname from "Some QoL suggestions" to "Design issues, which can be easily solved" to avoid mismatch with thread content. Thank you! sovietssoviets
6 Dec 2016, 11:11 AM

I'll bring this thread to Kyle's attention, and we'll see which ones we can already fit in for the balance mod.

Don't expect any changes for this week's updated, but perhaps we can do something, given that the balance mod trials are expected to last until February.
6 Dec 2016, 11:32 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

My icons I have passed them to miragefla in PM. They have better quality than the ones I post long ago. QoL needs less test than balance, many more things can be added.
6 Dec 2016, 11:33 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

My icons I have passed them to miragefla in PM. They have better quality than the ones I post long ago. QoL needs less test than balance, many more things can be added.

I'll bring this thread to Kyle's attention, and we'll see which ones we can already fit in for the balance mod.

Don't expect any changes for this week's updated, but perhaps we can do something, given that the balance mod trials are expected to last until February.

6 Dec 2016, 13:58 PM

Ostruppen could use the Tommy cover bonus indicator instead of the rotating aim icon above the unit.

Penals should have the 'To the last man' passive ability in the unit's ability grid (in the right bottom corner) for consistency.

All units that can be camouflaged should have same passive ability as commandos for consistency.

Many commander abilities could use proper icon (like Wehrmacht Artillery Officer or KV-8)
6 Dec 2016, 17:10 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

My Compilation:
-In coh1 the engineers/pios can construct rotating T1, T2, T3, T4. I think it can be done in coh2.
-Icon minimap M36jackson appears icon heavy vehicle.
-MedicKit ability replace by Smoke Cigarretes, same ability, but change icon and description.
-Healers sov are together and have the SAME position the body.
-Recon/flares over sector bases (not allowed).
-Forward Assembly Brits. Replace 'Arty 25pounds' ability by 'Brace' ability.
-Max/Min capture crew:
Always it appears on weapons 2, but also can pickup three entities. This is somewhat confusing, so it should be changed 2 'max_capture_crew_size'
vehi/heavy is correct, the issue are weapons.

-Area of positioning should be an obstacle for construction on post of VP, Fuel, munition points. In this way would cover only half the point of capture and would be less dangerous to capture.

-Squads can throw three grenades:

-Obers can throw three grenades at the same time if you want.
In vet1 have smoke-nade, Infiltration Tactics, and his own grenade
-Model stun24 WER can throw two grenades at the same time
-Infiltration Tactics OKW can throw two grenades at the same time
-Flares. OKW this needs a review:

-Vickers HMG squad Formations:
The formation of the squad, ahead of members vickers
6 Dec 2016, 17:11 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

6 Dec 2016, 20:39 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Hey, guys, what about this?

I was bored last night and decided to throw together a concept for a new USF base, designed along the lines of the much better British Forces base. In the end, I came up with this:

Click images for full size. Ignore missing textures, it's a bug. Ignore everything not on the dirt, other doodles.

Relic please redesign USF's base to be less cluttered!
6 Dec 2016, 21:00 PM

Hey! Didn't think I'd see that posted again. I'm honored that it wasn't forgotten. :thumbsup:
6 Dec 2016, 21:38 PM

Does nobody remember the most useless unit in the game? Brit Glider Medics still take longer to train than every other inf unit in the game by a wide margin.
7 Dec 2016, 21:20 PM

I like the new USF base! holy sh that is nice. Does it stand a chance of getting implemented though?
7 Dec 2016, 21:28 PM

Yes please! This looks so good. It makes me more comfortable that usf dont have to build base buildings whatsoever.
7 Dec 2016, 21:43 PM

My Compilation:
-In coh1 the engineers/pios can construct rotating T1, T2, T3, T4. I think it can be done in coh2.
-Icon minimap M36jackson appears icon heavy vehicle.
-MedicKit ability replace by Smoke Cigarretes, same ability, but change icon and description.
-Healers sov are together and have the SAME position the body.
-Recon/flares over sector bases (not allowed).
-Forward Assembly Brits. Replace 'Arty 25pounds' ability by 'Brace' ability.
-Max/Min capture crew:
Always it appears on weapons 2, but also can pickup three entities. This is somewhat confusing, so it should be changed 2 'max_capture_crew_size'
vehi/heavy is correct, the issue are weapons.

-Area of positioning should be an obstacle for construction on post of VP, Fuel, munition points. In this way would cover only half the point of capture and would be less dangerous to capture.

-Squads can throw three grenades:

-Obers can throw three grenades at the same time if you want.
In vet1 have smoke-nade, Infiltration Tactics, and his own grenade
-Model stun24 WER can throw two grenades at the same time
-Infiltration Tactics OKW can throw two grenades at the same time
-Flares. OKW this needs a review:

-Vickers HMG squad Formations:
The formation of the squad, ahead of members vickers

So much bias about axis and more toy for brits :(

Allies need more fix about OP things like brits tanks and commander abilities rather than it
7 Dec 2016, 23:55 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

USF base needs changed, can currently drop team weapons as USF and have them get stuck in your base, AKA an AT gun that can never leave. Also if the USF base was changed that would fix a TON of issues making base sectors for maps, they don't need those secondary bunkers in anyways, as you already manually place them in the worldbuilder for every other faction.
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS