Login

russian armor

Some QoL suggestions

PAGES (16)down
10 Jan 2017, 12:19 PM

It is possible to add a permanently-on prioritise-vehicles thing for models that carry AT weapons. However that thing stops working the moment stuff garrisons buildings.

However, if we could give an ability to the open-top halftracks to do precisely that, this might fix things. I haven't tried. Unfortunately this requires too much testing, and I don't think we can include this just yet :(
10 Jan 2017, 12:48 PM

It is possible to add a permanently-on prioritise-vehicles thing for models that carry AT weapons. However that thing stops working the moment stuff garrisons buildings.

However, if we could give an ability to the open-top halftracks to do precisely that, this might fix things. I haven't tried. Unfortunately this requires too much testing, and I don't think we can include this just yet :(

Well yea, this is a bummer, since the open halftrack tend to have problems surviving close encounters with anything on wheels/tracks that isnt a scout car, and it ruins the whole aspect of drive-by-shreck-salvo-and-retreat thing.

Too bad. Maybe some day.
10 Jan 2017, 17:15 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Have made new variant of shield symbol for HM-38, based on actual one from call-in button. Now we have two variants for this unit :) :

P.S. Should be shield symbol be in 64x64 .png too? If not, i will change it on right resolution.
11 Jan 2017, 20:08 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Have made new variant of shield symbol for HM-38, based on actual one from call-in button. Now we have two variants for this unit :) :

P.S. Should be shield symbol be in 64x64 .png too? If not, i will change it on right resolution.

It should be a 36x36 PNG, I think. Looking good! Did you make it by hand?

Also, there's already a symbol called "Icons_symbols_unit_german_m1938_120mm_mortar_symbol". It's probably meant for the PM-38 and just wrongly named. But I don't know if the shells actually look like that, so yours might be more accurate!

Edit: About the MG 42 uprgade for Grenadiers - the proper icon is actually included in the game files, just not used. It's called "Icons_upgrades_icon_upgrade_german_mg42_lmg" and looks like this:

11 Jan 2017, 20:37 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

It should be a 36x36 PNG, I think. Looking good! Did you make it by hand?

Also, there's already a symbol called "Icons_symbols_unit_german_m1938_120mm_mortar_symbol". It's probably meant for the PM-38 and just wrongly named. But I don't know if the shells actually look like that, so yours might be more accurate!

It based on shield symbol from this picture (i tried to remove this fire around shell):
and for comparison .
Can you please post here this "Icons_symbols_unit_german_m1938_120mm_mortar_symbol" emblem?

Edit: About the MG 42 uprgade for Grenadiers - the proper icon is actually included in the game files, just not used. It's called "Icons_upgrades_icon_upgrade_german_mg42_lmg" and looks like this:

Thank you! I will put it in the first post, but for me variant from vCoH looks much better ^_^
11 Jan 2017, 20:52 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Thank you! I will put it in the first post, but for me variant from vCoH looks much better ^_^

Agreed! It's more detailed and has a more realistic shadow. It also fits the Grenadiers' MG 42 better, because that one also uses a drum magazine, not a belt.

Here is the heavy mortar symbol:

I also quickly added it to the unit icon:
11 Jan 2017, 21:07 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Here is the heavy mortar symbol:

I also quickly added it to the unit icon:

Added to the first post, i think it's going to be the final variant.
11 Jan 2017, 21:40 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

I think the three icons of the mortars shield (USF/WEHR/SOV) are the same. The only one different is:

Icons_symbols_unit_german_m1938_120mm_mortar_symbol.png

so can change the shield icon to 120mm SOV. And I think it's unused. What is it that we are talking about.
12 Jan 2017, 19:01 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Can somebody extract all unused icons, portraits and other design stuff from game files? Or explain me how to do it (and i will do it by myself).
I think it will be good to keep them here for future, cause they can be used to solving design issues and used for introduction of new stuff.
12 Jan 2017, 19:06 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I use COH2 UI Asset Browser made by Janne252 to extract the images. There are over 6600 images in the game, so I can't select the unused very easily... sorry :p
12 Jan 2017, 20:35 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I use COH2 UI Asset Browser made by Janne252 to extract the images. There are over 6600 images in the game, so I can't select the unused very easily... sorry :p

:faint:

13 Jan 2017, 11:52 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Some interesting icons from gamefiles:

File coh2ui_ibe

Universal icon for stealth for all factions, which can be used as icon for unclickable button in bottom-right ability slot and small icon on unit's portrait like here:

File coh2ui_i54

Right icon for GrW 34 barrage ability. Currently using icon from PM-41.

File coh2ui_i2447

Possibly icon for Railway Artillery.

File coh2ui_i2c89

Right Sprint icon for Conscript. Actual one looks like buffing ability for them.

File coh2ui_ia

Icon for Panzer Grenadiers.

File coh2ui_i2447

Colorful icon for PTRS-41 package.

And some icons for WBP Penals:
AT Satchel (File coh2ui_i2c89)(but need to remove american star):

PPSh-41 and ROKS-3 Package (File coh2ui_ibe):

UPDATE:
Found right icon for PM-38 120mm Mortars Smoke Barrge (file coh2ui_ibe):

Soviet Incendiary Artillery Barrage ((file coh2ui_i2447):

13 Jan 2017, 17:18 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

A few suggestions for the AT Satchel:

13 Jan 2017, 17:22 PM

A few suggestions for the AT Satchel:

4th one :wub:
14 Jan 2017, 08:57 AM
14 Jan 2017, 11:47 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

At least make them silver

You mean like this?

Do you think this is better?
14 Jan 2017, 11:50 AM

You mean like this?

Do you think this is better?

Yes it is better, at least for me. BTW I thought about gold bunker on silver shield, but this is also good. Or about bronze bunker on silver shield.

How long does it take to change color of those pictures ?
14 Jan 2017, 12:45 PM
Donator 11

4th one is cool but it may be hard to see the satchel there it you don't know it is there.
3rd one makes it much more obvious.
14 Jan 2017, 14:17 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Yes it is better, at least for me. BTW I thought about gold bunker on silver shield, but this is also good. Or about bronze bunker on silver shield.

How long does it take to change color of those pictures ?

To change the colors takes a few minutes, but I'd like to keep the shields gold like the vanilla icons.

I made several variants, which one do you prefer?
14 Jan 2017, 14:20 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Not bad!

Thanks!

4th one is cool but it may be hard to see the satchel there it you don't know it is there.
3rd one makes it much more obvious.

I agree. Thought about making the satchel larger, but that would have looked too unrealistic imo. I'll see if I can do something about it!
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS