Login

russian armor

Some QoL suggestions

PAGES (16)down
24 Dec 2016, 01:30 AM

6;. Ostheer Pioneers say they are laying Anti-personnal mines when ordered to lay a Teller mine.

Pioneers also say "You want something built, or blown up?" even though they have no Demo Charges of any type. Personally I think they should get the free clearing charge that Sappers have, since like Sappers they too have structures they may want to build.
24 Dec 2016, 11:57 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

1;. How about only 1 Moscow Outskirts? The summer and winter versions are the same without cold-tech.

2;. Ost T0 description says you can only build pioneers but now that Mg-42 is in T0 as well. The text should be updated.

3;. Upgrading to Battlephase 2 sometimes says "We now have access to medium armor and rocket artillery" - this line should be removed considering the Panzerwerfer is in T4.

4;. All units should be able to put away their minesweeper, not just OKW's sturmpioneers.

5;. Air Recon units (mostly Ostheer and Soviet pilots) often say they are "attacking enemy armor" - these lines are confusing because the planes are just doing recce.

6;. Ostheer Pioneers say they are laying Anti-personnal mines when ordered to lay a Teller mine.

7;. Fallschirmjaegerc call Soviet Partisans American Paratrooper

8;. OKW Flak Emplacements can not shoot through elevations, this causes performance issues for these units.

9;. British Air Recon plane is too loud its volume is higher than most of the in-game sounds.

Added to the first post, thank you!
Looks like here is a big field of work with descriptions and soundlines in the game. :unsure:
26 Dec 2016, 09:50 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I want to put here mention about this mod. It was made by Harold. Many ideas can be added to the game, especially Veterancy descriptions:

And yes, this guy also fixing names for units and many other stuff!

Source: https://www.coh2.org/topic/58241/numeral-veterancy-descriptions-english-localization-mod/
26 Dec 2016, 18:27 PM

Some more:

- OKW's Air Recon (Luftwaffe Doctrine) has no announcer sound like "carrying out orders".

- PAK-43s are buildable in ToW 1941, they didnt exist during this timeperiod (same with the IS-2, Tiger etc). Should be banned for 1941.

- In AA units dying to grenades use the incorrect animation. Its the flame death crit...so units burn to death instead of blowing to bits. Its confusing, ugly and should be fixed.

- AA 2nd mission, germans use incorrect icon when speaking, they use the Ost Grenadier icon instead of Volksgrenadier icon (funny because Ost grenadiers dont even fight in AA).

- British should not be able to build emplacements (mortar pit especially) in their base sector like any other factions can't build artillery in their base.

- British Artillery can be fired into base, for example use the ability on the edge of the base sector and the Barrage just wipes/pins/rekts everything in the base lol.

- MGs in buildings: If you select the building you can see the arch of fire of the MG but if you select the MG squad in the building you can see the arch of fire of the squad which is bigger than selecting the building. This way the arch of fire is bigger and the MG uses this arch of fire.

- Ostheer Pioneers should be able to upgrade to doctrinal G-43 and camouflage.

- Upgraded Volks can't pick up any weapons, they should have atleast +1 weapon slot available after upgrading to Stg-44.

I'll try to find more

You also might want to take a look at Harold's work:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/58241/numeral-veterancy-descriptions-english-localization-mod/page/1#post_id583124

28 Dec 2016, 14:24 PM

The UKF use the Soviet announcer for Blizzard warnings for some reason.
28 Dec 2016, 16:04 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Some more:

- OKW's Air Recon (Luftwaffe Doctrine) has no announcer sound like "carrying out orders".

- PAK-43s are buildable in ToW 1941, they didnt exist during this timeperiod (same with the IS-2, Tiger etc). Should be banned for 1941.

- In AA units dying to grenades use the incorrect animation. Its the flame death crit...so units burn to death instead of blowing to bits. Its confusing, ugly and should be fixed.

- AA 2nd mission, germans use incorrect icon when speaking, they use the Ost Grenadier icon instead of Volksgrenadier icon (funny because Ost grenadiers dont even fight in AA).

- British should not be able to build emplacements (mortar pit especially) in their base sector like any other factions can't build artillery in their base.

- British Artillery can be fired into base, for example use the ability on the edge of the base sector and the Barrage just wipes/pins/rekts everything in the base lol.

- MGs in buildings: If you select the building you can see the arch of fire of the MG but if you select the MG squad in the building you can see the arch of fire of the squad which is bigger than selecting the building. This way the arch of fire is bigger and the MG uses this arch of fire.

- Ostheer Pioneers should be able to upgrade to doctrinal G-43 and camouflage.

- Upgraded Volks can't pick up any weapons, they should have atleast +1 weapon slot available after upgrading to Stg-44.

I'll try to find more

You also might want to take a look at Harold's work:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/58241/numeral-veterancy-descriptions-english-localization-mod/page/1#post_id583124

Thank you, but try to concentrate on the multiplayer next time. And yes, i am gonna to remove some of your suggestions due to their balance directionality (+1 weapon for volks for example).
The UKF use the Soviet announcer for Blizzard warnings for some reason.

Added. thank you :)

Also, i want to add this issue with map list from lobby.
28 Dec 2016, 17:26 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

28 Dec 2016, 18:31 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Dec 2016, 17:26 PMcapiqua
This is a huge and old list of a community member Carnage1895

List of "unpatched" bugs by Carnage1895

Wow, that's big one! I will add link to this list in the fisrt post. As i see, the bigest part from this list was solved already.
28 Dec 2016, 19:57 PM

I can add to this list little bug which is anoying, but not that really game breaking. I mean, I can't set up KV-2 into artillery mode with shift key (to move and set up in requested position).
28 Dec 2016, 20:16 PM
28 Dec 2016, 20:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Dec 2016, 19:57 PMFrost
I can add to this list little bug which is anoying, but not that really game breaking. I mean, I can't set up KV-2 into artillery mode with shift key (to move and set up in requested position).
I would love to see that getting fixed. It can affect multiple other units as well. You can queue command for some abilities.

Anyways, it is great watching this thread grow.
1 Jan 2017, 18:21 PM

M2 Flamers have missing skin (UKF and USF)
1 Jan 2017, 19:19 PM

I would love to see that getting fixed. It can affect multiple other units as well. You can queue command for some abilities.

Which abilities are you thinking of (that can become queued)?

I am not sure it's possible to make toggle abilities possible to queue, but might be wrong.
2 Jan 2017, 01:06 AM

I am not sure it's possible to make toggle abilities possible to queue, but might be wrong.

It is possible. I use it with katushkas to fire snd to move back right after.
2 Jan 2017, 08:10 AM

It is possible. I use it with katushkas to fire snd to move back right after.

That's a targeted, limited-duration ability though. KV-2 setup etc are toggle abilities ;<

.. though that now gives me an idea.
2 Jan 2017, 10:32 AM

I really wish you could queue orders for infantry units that enter buildings, and use abilities from inside. While I would acknowledge potential balance concerns, it's perfectly feasible to throw a grenade out of a window.
2 Jan 2017, 20:38 PM

Move + Camo/HoldFire. And move + Facing direction. Stuff like that. But I assume some of this stuff might require access to the source code and game engine.
2 Jan 2017, 21:15 PM
2 Jan 2017, 21:39 PM

That's a targeted, limited-duration ability though. KV-2 setup etc are toggle abilities ;<

.. though that now gives me an idea.

While you're at it, could it be made so that the Half-Track's "deploy units" button is queue-able? I think it would make Half-Tracks far more viable as transports if you could queue it to ferry troops up front and come right back for the next group.
5 Jan 2017, 19:02 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

A little update, thanks to SneakEye. Now we have illustrations of right icons for OKW Ostwind, Ostheer Puma and USF Weapon Racks!

PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS