Login

russian armor

Relic Winter Balance Preview v1.1 Update

PAGES (12)down
5 Dec 2016, 09:23 AM

The speed penalty is what prevents the command vehicle from being useful. However, without the speed penalty, and without an appropriate penalty of its own the AVRE will become the next no-brainer UC-style choice.

Yes but the Avre is at least a CP 12 unit so spamming planes will be available when lot of AA option are present and with 100% penalty on reload it will fire every 8 secs creatly reducing the Power of the vehicle...

With Speed lower than 4 (as with all vehicles) the unit is difficult to be useful since it can not keep up even with infantry.

As all aura it would be better if they scaled with veterancy similar to command Panther...
5 Dec 2016, 09:32 AM

I've been just thinking, is every mod creator, like miragefla working on this patch or so? cuz i have an idea for a mod that is more realistic in like every term but still keeps it's mechanic

There's only Miragefla, The Machine and myself that are working on the balance mod.

You can post your mod ideas here:
https://www.coh2.org/forum/43/modding-and-tools

There are many talented modders around here, and I am sure that at least one of them will be able to help you. If nothing else, we can also have a look over your ideas and see which/how many of them we can include in the live game.

I liked your idea about slot-weapon bonuses and types of infantry (conscripts/regulars/elite) etc. I also have a similar approach to this. However, until Relic gives us the green light to do a cleanup of veterancy bonuses and modifiers, I don't think we can implement this yet.
5 Dec 2016, 13:34 PM

Thanks for adding some non-doctrinal AT to RUS T1. An amazing change. Groundbreaking really.

If people complain about penals having it, you could always give it to cons (as a purchasable upgrade) and increase cons MP cost slightly.

But actually, as tests have shown, penals are not overly strong with the PTRS against inf.
5 Dec 2016, 13:38 PM

Any word on volks being able to pick up weapons when equipped with stgs? Also, can you take a look at fallschirmjagers to see if they need any changes, they don't have that good of scaling for their cost. Obviously they cannot be super good from the get go because they spawn out of buildings. Something slight like lowering their target size to .80 at vet 1 and buffing the vet 4 accuracy bones from 15% to 25%. Seeing as camo has been nerfed for infantry, this makes fallschirmjager even more of a bad choice to spawn. Especially over obersoldaten.

Also panzer4 pen and panther moving accuracy could be examinedLike 140/130/120 penetration for panzer4 and .6 moving accuracy for ostheer panther. As for allies, try to look at the units that are never built like the sexton, or 45mm at gun.

Lastly, is being able for vehicles to drive through capture flags possible?
5 Dec 2016, 13:46 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Dec 2016, 08:53 AMAradan

allied dominance?
axis hype sees that, but stats dont lie

http://coh2chart.com/

Are you blind? Except for an outlier reversal this week, Allies have been ahead every month since May.
5 Dec 2016, 13:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Dec 2016, 13:46 PMTobis

Are you blind? Except for an outlier reversal this week, Allies have been ahead every month since May.

That web with stats have wrong data (http://coh2chart.com/)?
If is it, I am sorry, and nerf them all.

PS: I still dont see IT. Most posts here dont have nothing common with true. People post here simply their impressions, not facts.

I do not understand all inner mechanics this game. In this reason I believe peoples as for example Mr.Smith. But dont believe peoples, who play only one side and still post in ballance topic guaranteed tips. Unballance of any side, destroying this game and community.
5 Dec 2016, 14:06 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Dec 2016, 13:50 PMAradan

That web with stats have wrong data?
If is it, I am sorry, and nerf them all.

PS: I still dont see IT. Most posts here dont have nothing common with true. People post here simply their impressions, not facts.

Sorry but I have no idea what you just said.

Just read your sig and realized you were probably talking about team games. Carry on.
5 Dec 2016, 14:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2016, 22:19 PMRappy

Of course, but that means you are getting the doc for one ability. Im pretty sure most people choose a command vehicle if they pick this commander.

There is also few interesting abilities like self emplacements and vehicle repair with AVRE or artillery cover, double salvage engineers with sweepers and paradroped support weapons so we can't say, it's one ability doctrine. What is more, in most cases, CV is rather an option than the a "must have"
5 Dec 2016, 16:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Dec 2016, 14:59 PMFrost

There is also few interesting abilities like self emplacements and vehicle repair with AVRE or artillery cover, double salvage engineers with sweepers and paradroped support weapons so we can't say, it's one ability doctrine. What is more, in most cases, CV is rather an option than the a "must have"

Sorry there is a misunderstanding. I was referring more to the Tactical Support doctrine, not the AVRE one.

Yes I see your point however about the recovery engineers, however I still think the command vehicle is one of the main events of the doctrine. It would be like people picking the Jaeger light okw doctrine, then not spawning any.
5 Dec 2016, 16:17 PM

5 Dec 2016, 16:23 PM

And what are you planning for the near future, especially

the lategame

and weak doctrines like

Defensive (Ost + Soviet),
Soviet Industry,
OKW Firestorm etc.?

I can´t judge the current balance preview patch not knowing the context of other stages of the game. I don´t know why this is all kept a secret. It´s going to be a community created patch after all. You can be vague. Are you planning to nerf Brits, or buff Ostheer or none of that? And are you planning to redesign doctrines or just adjust their abilities?

Please don´t give me the "we will see after the early game has been adjusted" filler. I wouldn´t believe, that you haven´t at least thought about the lategame and doctrines already.
5 Dec 2016, 16:34 PM

Yes, kinda. Also; https://www.coh2.org/news/55039/coh2chart-and-its-worth

Thank you, finally something intelligible, what this stats-data clarifies.
5 Dec 2016, 17:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Dec 2016, 16:34 PMAradan

if you want some clear data See at right of the site the top ten player save the data and see how it changes each patch
5 Dec 2016, 17:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Dec 2016, 16:34 PMAradan

Np, :)

It basically means those charts can't be used to attack or defend an argument regarding balance.
5 Dec 2016, 17:24 PM

do you like an idea about buff MG from KV-1 and change something on it main gun like you did with T-34 and AEC those 2 are in a good place without being too OP ,so i think right now no one have an idea which role KV-1 should act then i think let them act like T-34 for a while will solve the problem and make them require tier 4
5 Dec 2016, 17:45 PM

Np, :)

It basically means those charts can't be used to attack or defend an argument regarding balance.

I'm afraid, here post peoples anyway only his impressions from game, which have nothing to do with truth ballance.

Next patch, depends on how much they whine and how many fanboys, which side have. :(
5 Dec 2016, 17:55 PM

And what are you planning for the near future, especially

the lategame

and weak doctrines like

Defensive (Ost + Soviet),
Soviet Industry,
OKW Firestorm etc.?

I can´t judge the current balance preview patch not knowing the context of other stages of the game. I don´t know why this is all kept a secret. It´s going to be a community created patch after all. You can be vague. Are you planning to nerf Brits, or buff Ostheer or none of that? And are you planning to redesign doctrines or just adjust their abilities?

Please don´t give me the "we will see after the early game has been adjusted" filler. I wouldn´t believe, that you haven´t at least thought about the lategame and doctrines already.

Some of the late-game topics that we have discussed that we want to address are:
- Striking a balance between OKW infantry scaling and availability of armour
- OST T4 living in the shadow of T3
- USF over-reliance on certain OP doctrines and abilities to carry it in teamgames (e.g., Calliope)
- Certain over-the-top British units and abilities (as a function of the Power Curve)

Regarding commanders, there are certain no-brainer picks for every faction. We should obviously address those first. Certain underwhelming commanders we can easily fix by adjusting the cost/availability of some of the abilities unique to them (e.g., Commando Glider spawning commandos, giving a niche for the Flamehetzer etc).

Other commanders can be helped by expanding the stock army. We cannot determine the full extend of the impact, but we expect several 2nd or 3rd-tier soviet commanders to become actually viable now, with PTRS penals.

However, certain commanders are irredeemably bad (e.g., community defensive commanders), in the sense neither are the contained abilities decent, nor are they coherent. Obviously, those will require the biggest amount of interference, thus we have to leave those for last.

None of this is going to happen this patch, though. Since, we indeed want to evaluate the impact of the choices we've made. It is very difficult to get people to play the mod in 1v1, let alone 4v4. Thus, I guess we have to wait for it to go live before we can evaluate the impact, e.g., squad formations will have on the late-game.

However, all of this is wishful thinking, since we do not determine the scope, nor can we determine in which order we want to attack these issues.

It is safe to say, though, that if I were to set the agenda, I would leave unredeemable OST/Soviet commanders all the way down in the list of priorities.
5 Dec 2016, 19:31 PM

Stuff
Thanks for the reply. Sounds like reasonable ideas.
5 Dec 2016, 20:52 PM

List of priorities.

Smith, I would just like to take this time and publicly thank you for putting all this effort in keeping a 10 year old game alive and well.

It's people like you that keep me coming back to this community :)
5 Dec 2016, 21:00 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Smith, I would just like to take this time and publicly thank you for putting all this effort in keeping a 10 year old game alive and well.

It's people like you that keep me coming back to this community :)

You had me worried about the passage of time for a second there! CoH2's only a 3 year-old game so far.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Mexico 21
United Kingdom 160
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %