Login

russian armor

Including more people in the balance team

9 Dec 2016, 21:48 PM

I'd like to know exactly what developer the community is working with at Relic for this patch. I know people have mentioned Kyle, but he's a community manager. I'm curious as to what Relic employee with knowledge of game code is being worked with on here.

Well there are still coders around, but seeing the deadline for DoW3 is so near, their free time is extremely limited.

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2016, 14:12 PMTric
For a long while now I have been preaching on stream that tightrope should be getting a whole fuck ton more than he does, I genuinely like to think that his location and time zone is one of the large contributing factors of his lack of growth, as someone as dedicated and unbiased should have far more respect from the devs than he currently has.

+1, more appreciation acknowledgment for Thightrope from the Devs please.

While one could point at flaws in the community, it is still Relic's fault because they cultivated & attracted this community. We've had a lot of people who were willing to go the extra mile to help grow the game but they all left due to lack of support from Relic. My position is Relic could have (had) a growing esports scene if they stopped doing poor decisions and supported our major community members.

A clear example is how tightrope made the tutorial series & TONS of casts, including ESL, but he has yet to get a relic t-shirt or anything similar. Random streamer Excessive Profanity streamed the game for a week or two and got a bigger care package than any of our major and dedicated members. While getting exposure for coh2 is good, Relic should have supported the people maintaining our community. Look at the streamer list, besides hans & stormless, there is no one left.
Well the good news is they are shifting into that direction; https://www.coh2.org/topic/57970/coh2-the-road-ahead/page/1#post_id580226

All WWII games tend to attract some rather gross individuals, so that is not just CoH2. I mean, there were people blackmailing Cynthia with death treas. LOL. And QDuffy recently complained that the community is pretty vocal and harash, even for small stuff and mistakes.

And those who left can come back anytime.
11 Dec 2016, 02:56 AM

I don't want to this game to end on a final patch ever

patches is what brings light into this game and makes it feel new again :(
1 Mar 2017, 11:36 AM

Added 2 new personal suggestions.
1 Mar 2017, 12:01 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

If somebody want to take a part in creating patch - he can do it already! Many community members already take a part in this work. Mr. Smith and other members of balance team are open to communicating. Just check the merged patchnote - some bug solved by other people, some QoL suggestion have been suggested by other people.
If balance team need help from cruzz for example, they will contack with him :-)
1 Mar 2017, 12:33 PM
Donator 11

If somebody want to take a part in creating patch - he can do it already! Many community members already take a part in this work. Mr. Smith and other members of balance team are open to communicating. Just check the merged patchnote - some bug solved by other people, some QoL suggestion have been suggested by other people.
If balance team need help from cruzz for example, they will contack with him :-)

Exactly, plus many ideas for changes were provided by other community members whose names were not included in patch notes. Its all about willing to help, instead of creating a huge, clumsy and slow
commitee.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 4
unknown 2
unknown 56
United States 38
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W