Login

russian armor

Including more people in the balance team

4 Dec 2016, 16:56 PM
Patrion 14

Can't even have a civilised thread about a damn balance patch without going after each other's throats or brining vcoh players back in the equasion lol
4 Dec 2016, 23:08 PM

I mean about taht fact, grens,rifles,toomies, folks, are regular infatry in game :snfBarton:.

grens, rifles, tommies are regulars, but volks and cons are conscripts type, im taking these info from history fyi :snfBarton:
5 Dec 2016, 00:27 AM

Permanently Banned

grens, rifles, tommies are regulars, but volks and cons are conscripts type, im taking these info from history fyi :snfBarton:

History at coh :snfBarton:.
5 Dec 2016, 05:09 AM
Donator 11

5 Dec 2016, 13:49 PM

And what exactly is the point is trying to publicly call people out and insist that they admit something you believe to be true? What IS the point is expressing one's opinion? How am I asking this of the Editor in Chief of this website?

I think anyone making a statement that Relic needs to regression test their code is COMPLETELY valid. Nothing like community efforts being undermined through the introduction of old bugs and unintended side effects when things actually go live. (Or from the effects of the MAY balance patch, introduce entirely different things from the mod and wait months upon months to even address.)

+1 my thoughts exactly sir
5 Dec 2016, 13:55 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

^if that is how you read Budwise post, we'll agree to disagree.

I read it twice over but I don't see "...a warning to those chosen to develop this preview mod is very warranted....". The very first sentence spells doom. Instead of cautioning and giving feedback/ suggestion I feel he is spelling doom and wishing well on an already failed voyage. That's the problem I have.

@Tric. I don't think this is the last patch. The Three were picked not only because they are competent but also because they all created a mod, showing that they can code. Thus relic is almost outsourcing the balance process entirely to the community, removing burdens from already outstretched Relic's CoH2 branch. So I think the whole initiative have more than one patch in it.

Read, what I said again, this is almost certainty the patch before the last (with the last one coming sometime in June most likely, and this one in FEB) based on the time frame given to me by KYLE. You are just assuming things in based on how you feel. Unless they just give the community supreme power we have 2 patches to work things out, less if this one doesn't stem the tide, as they will be entirely focused on DoW, as they simply don't have the manpower to continue maintaining CoH 2 to an acceptable standard without outsourcing the entirety of the process to the community that is to busy being assholes to each other than to do anything constructive outside a very small few.

Also the people that have been around for a decade, have very little faith. That is just what it is, doesn't matter how you word a response if it is "doom spelling" or not. The simple fact is this is almost cookie cutter of what happened in vCoH. What budwise, zombi, and myself are basically saying, is the modders shouldn't get their hopes up, as you can see from other community events... the patch will most likely be met with bitching and crying after it hits, but heralded as the last bastion of light before the game dies all the way up to that point, making it even more disappointing for the few that come back and find all the bugs they couldn't be bothered to help test for in the first place.

5 Dec 2016, 21:25 PM
Patrion 14

if relic's five year plan is indeed five years, its not over this coming june. also had relic's modders ever have this much power and influence? i might be wrong but i dont think so. also relic wants this to br the ultimate ww2 rts. these three are the reason why i dont think i am being just blindly optimistic.

i understand their and your sourness and lack of faith. it is totally justifiable which i stated like three tines here already. i havent been around for a decade and i have been around for 3.5 years both as very active player and forum participant primarily as large team game modes. i know what is like to have only 4 maps and when i conplain, the community that will do anything to get on the bandwagon to bash relic will take relic's side and encourage relic to just let big game modes die. so i might not have total understanding of you, budwise and zombi' despair but i do understand to an extent.

what i have problem with is coming to a thread about a new inititive by new people with slightly new method and saying 'good luck but better people have tried it and we failed'.
5 Dec 2016, 22:34 PM

if relic's five year plan is indeed five years, its not over this coming june. also had relic's modders ever have this much power and influence? i might be wrong but i dont think so. also relic wants this to br the ultimate ww2 rts. these three are the reason why i dont think i am being just blindly optimistic.

Well...

Actually, instead, no, you're right. I'm very Excited about the upcoming patch that will be here Soon! ;)
6 Dec 2016, 14:35 PM

Some of the prominent and influential fellas left out;

Katitof
6 Dec 2016, 15:55 PM

Katitof

You mean "He who shall not be named"
6 Dec 2016, 20:01 PM

A new comprehensive list will be up soon (within 2 weeks).

GUYS, make sure you mention people you believe could help the current team.
7 Dec 2016, 14:26 PM

Can't even have a civilised thread about a damn balance patch without going after each other's throats or brining vcoh players back in the equasion lol

What did you expect? As much as I hate their balance efforts over the past two years, with Relic we actually got the developer we deserved. And with "we" I mean the entire COH2 community.
7 Dec 2016, 19:57 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

What did you expect m8?

Also I want to suggest adding Mapmakers like Tric or MonolithicBacon
8 Dec 2016, 17:36 PM
9 Dec 2016, 09:35 AM

What did you expect? As much as I hate their balance efforts over the past two years, with Relic we actually got the developer we deserved. And with "we" I mean the entire COH2 community.

While one could point at flaws in the community, it is still Relic's fault because they cultivated & attracted this community. We've had a lot of people who were willing to go the extra mile to help grow the game but they all left due to lack of support from Relic. My position is Relic could have (had) a growing esports scene if they stopped doing poor decisions and supported our major community members.

A clear example is how tightrope made the tutorial series & TONS of casts, including ESL, but he has yet to get a relic t-shirt or anything similar. Random streamer Excessive Profanity streamed the game for a week or two and got a bigger care package than any of our major and dedicated members. While getting exposure for coh2 is good, Relic should have supported the people maintaining our community. Look at the streamer list, besides hans & stormless, there is no one left.
9 Dec 2016, 14:09 PM

Hello all. I am interested helping play test this patch. Please add me on steam:Nosliw

Player card : http://www.companyofheroes.com/leaderboards#profile/steam/76561197985783392/standings
9 Dec 2016, 14:12 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

besides hans & stormless, there is no one left.

FeelsBadMan

But yes, even though I work with Kyle pretty closely, there is only so much 1 man can do when it should be a full team. I have a cutoff date them I am pretty much out as well, as the game seems to do more harm than good both to my mentality and my hardware.

Quick Edit:

For a long while now I have been preaching on stream that tightrope should be getting a whole fuck ton more than he does, I genuinely like to think that his location and time zone is one of the large contributing factors of his lack of growth, as someone as dedicated and unbiased should have far more respect from the devs than he currently has.
9 Dec 2016, 14:28 PM

I'd like to know exactly what developer the community is working with at Relic for this patch. I know people have mentioned Kyle, but he's a community manager. I'm curious as to what Relic employee with knowledge of game code is being worked with on here.
9 Dec 2016, 14:32 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

I'd like to know exactly what developer the community is working with at Relic for this patch. I know people have mentioned Kyle, but he's a community manager. I'm curious as to what Relic employee with knowledge of game code is being worked with on here.

Basically 2 part time people, that are also working on DoW 3. Don't know who they are, but there is 1 community manager, then 2 other people that work on it when they "get the time", from my knowledge.
9 Dec 2016, 14:41 PM

Permanently Banned

While one could point at flaws in the community, it is still Relic's fault because they cultivated & attracted this community. We've had a lot of people who were willing to go the extra mile to help grow the game but they all left due to lack of support from Relic. My position is Relic could have (had) a growing esports scene if they stopped doing poor decisions and supported our major community members.

A clear example is how tightrope made the tutorial series & TONS of casts, including ESL, but he has yet to get a relic t-shirt or anything similar. Random streamer Excessive Profanity streamed the game for a week or two and got a bigger care package than any of our major and dedicated members. While getting exposure for coh2 is good, Relic should have supported the people maintaining our community. Look at the streamer list, besides hans & stormless, there is no one left.

+1
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS