Login

russian armor

Winter Balance Preview Changelog

PAGES (23)down
29 Nov 2016, 10:01 AM

The new Piats are a joke...cause the penetrate all the time, are cheep, very easy spamable...wtf relic?

U said that volks with schrecks was OP...and give other faction with the best AT possibiltys (thei AT gun and tulips are very OP in so many ways...espacily in teamgames...a 3 sec stun is a dead from every heavy tank)

The new PIATs have literally worse penetration than the bazookas, and lower range. How can they "penetrate all the time". Try playing the mod, much?

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2016, 09:51 AMDanyek

To be fair, balance in bigger teamgames 2v2+ is impossible. Also the guys are focusing (mainly) on 1v1 balance, to a lesser degree 2v2.

+ hand-held AT was always just a spam in them, so nothing will change.

Cheers :wave:

Perfect balance in all modes is probably unachievable. However, there is no need to be completely callous about eye-soringly bad issues that affect these teammodes. We hope that the PIAT changes will, in large part, mitigate a vast part of the imbalance affected by these weaopons (e.g., how a PIAT blob could trivially shut down heavy armour).
29 Nov 2016, 10:05 AM

now the have a home aming...the will hit often like zooks. and..allyways penetrate.

and since luchs is nerfed to the ground...stug e was nerfed...we have much less power against blobbs.

this is the wrong way in my opinion.
29 Nov 2016, 10:06 AM

The new PIATs have literally worse penetration than the bazookas, and lower range. How can they "penetrate all the time". Try playing the mod, much?

In before:

(not my opinion btw)
29 Nov 2016, 10:07 AM

If u test the piat u will see it penetrate all the time...maybe with little dmg..but the diddnt bounce from amor like zooks or schrecks.

the make constant dmg to their target.
29 Nov 2016, 10:08 AM

If u test the piat u will see it penetrate all the time...maybe with little dmg..but the diddnt bounce from amor like zooks or schrecks.

Every single handheld AT in the game currently deals some damage even on deflection:
- The PTRS
- The PIAT
- The Bazooka
- The Panzerschreck

With the changes, this added bit of damage for the PIAT has been brought down to other handheld AT levels. Duh.
29 Nov 2016, 10:10 AM

Then it's not penetration as the pen damage is set to 100 in the mod. Your "little damage" means 25 which is the deflection damage. So PIAT penetrates a few times, but most of those shots are deflected (which causes 25 damage * deflected shot).
29 Nov 2016, 10:16 AM

Thanks for your reply but I'm more interested in hearing from the mod team that made the changes.

Serisously mod team: why not nerf buff reduce conscript AT nade research time or add mini AT gun to T1 - and then nerf guards?

The M5 needs more maneuverability to escape attacks.

*all my previous statements made in the context of nerfed penals. The reason being, that RUS needed the penal buff to drag T1 up out of the mud. If you nerf them, you actually need to buff RUS AT, funnily enough. So what are you offering in T1 to do this*
29 Nov 2016, 10:36 AM

But why was one single Schreck (90 muni) op on volks...and now we have rear echolon , sappers, rifles, ISand guards with 2x hand-AT which cost less and do more dmg than one single schreck...and its all fine?
Why not nerf the schreck and give it back to volks?

And Puma? Really? You think that the AI from Puma was to good?

I never seen a Puma who wipes out or bleed infantery. Never. Cause it will hit models 1-2 from 10 shoots. PLus Puma can destroyed by handrifles (WTF?)

Ever seen a Centaur, which wipes out squads in under 2 sec? I have seen this very often. If only the Ostwind would good as this centaur....
29 Nov 2016, 10:40 AM

But why was one single Schreck (90 muni) op on volks...and now we have rear echolon , sappers, rifles, ISand guards with 2x hand-AT which cost less and do more dmg than one single schreck...and its all fine?

And Puma? Really? You think that the AI from Puma was to good?

I never seen a Puma who wipes out or bleed infantery. Never. Cause it will hit models 1-2 from 10 shoots.

Ever seen a Centaur, which wipes out squads in under 2 sec? I have seen this very often. If only the Ostwind would good as this centaur....

I agree with Ullumulu on the subject of the schreck vs other AT. Although the schreck is a really good mobile AT, now with the bazooka and Piat they have a better mobile AT than the germans ever had. (except the fragile Pgren with schrecks). Piat with 30 range could be extremely lethal and the bazooka blobs are extremely lethal.

Shouldn't we limit the mobile AT to max 1 for all infantry? And let people invest more in ATG's? (seems logical)
29 Nov 2016, 10:45 AM

Every single handheld AT in the game currently deals some damage even on deflection:
- The PTRS
- The PIAT
- The Bazooka
- The Panzerschreck

With the changes, this added bit of damage for the PIAT has been brought down to other handheld AT levels. Duh.

Isn't PIAT having more chances to hit rear side?
29 Nov 2016, 10:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2016, 10:45 AMEsxile

Yes it has. And thats the cause why piats do a lot more dmg. Try it...u would believe how fast Piats can destroy german tanks.
29 Nov 2016, 10:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2016, 10:45 AMEsxile

Only if the rear side of the tank is facing the PIAT.

Because, with homing missile PIATs, PIATs will go for the side of the tank that is currently showing.

Actually PIATs will be less likely to hit the tank at all, due to the fact that they have reduced range.
29 Nov 2016, 11:00 AM

Only if the rear side of the tank is facing the PIAT.

Because, with homing missile PIATs, PIATs will go for the side of the tank that is currently showing.

Actually PIATs will be less likely to hit the tank at all, due to the fact that they have reduced range.

In the mod, what is the range of the bazooka, shrek and piat?
29 Nov 2016, 11:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2016, 11:00 AMAlphrum

In the mod, what is the range of the bazooka, shrek and piat?

35, 35 and 30 respectively

35 is a critical threshold range, since this is the sight-range of tanks.

If you want to kite a zook/schreck blob with a tank, you need something else to provide vision. otherwise your tank takes damage.

If you want to kite a PIAT blob, you don't require external vision. If the enemy manages to still hurt your tanks, you have done something very wrong, or you got baited.

Against other factions, running close runs the risk of your tank being snared.

In the live version, PIATs have 45 range. This makes them outrange most tanks.
29 Nov 2016, 11:12 AM

@ullimulu

so essentially, it will be easier to kite piat blobs then kiting shrek and bazooka's and one other important note is what makes these blobs even more dangerous to vehicles is the fact they can snare which brit infantry cannot do.

And thanks Mr Smith
29 Nov 2016, 11:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2016, 11:12 AMAlphrum
@ullimulu

so essentially, it will be easier to kite piat blobs then kiting shrek and bazooka's and one other important note is what makes these blobs even more dangerous to vehicles is the fact they can snare which brit infantry cannot do.

And thanks Mr Smith

Brits mines doesnt damage engine? Since when?

oh...i my experience brits tanks are nearly immun vs dmg engine from faust..i had games where i faust 5-6 times a comet...never dmg the engine...is this the brit bonus?
29 Nov 2016, 11:26 AM

lol the allied fanboys here these are the same ones that said relic have achieved perfect balance and some even said allied underperforming lol while i said that rip axis
29 Nov 2016, 11:37 AM

@Mr.Smith (and the other mod authors)

Thank you very much for the time you've put in and for responding so much. Please remember that people who are unhappy for whatever reason are much, much more likely to post than people that like the mod. Many people love the changes and/or are busy testing them instead of theorycrafting about patch notes on the forums. Hope you don't feel the community is ungrateful, that's the minority.

Looking forward to going live and the following updates.

oh...i my experience brits tanks are nearly immun vs dmg engine from faust..i had games where i faust 5-6 times a comet...never dmg the engine...is this the brit bonus?

You are talking out of your behind at this point. Nobody said British mines don't damage engines, he was referring to infantry snares like AT nades. There is also nothing different about British tanks in relation to Fausts AFAIK.
29 Nov 2016, 12:15 PM
Donator 11

Tanks recive the crit from infantry snares only if the tank was already damaged enough for snare to take it under 75% of its HP. If you snare medium or heavy tank without damaging it first, the snare won't deal the crit, otherwise it sure will. It works like that for tanks and snares of all factions.

Mind that mines are not snares. They work differently. They always do engine damage to all vehicles in blast radius.
29 Nov 2016, 12:47 PM

yay. more nerfs for OKW.
Barely any buff to rektheer.
PAGES (23)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak