Login

russian armor

2v2 as Axis vs Brits

23 Nov 2016, 19:55 PM

Hello mates,

I played CoH2 quite a lot till I dived into BF4 competitive. This game is rip now, so I started again with CoH2 and I also enjoy it a lot, I really missed it.
But I also have quite some problems, like the title of the thread states.
I mostly play 2v2 with a friend and we have an ongoing problem with camping Brits.
The worst combo, for us, is is a Soviet that plays maxim spam and a Brit that camps behind that and mortars the shit out of our units. We are just getting completely fucked up there, there's no other word for it.
Any tips for that? I think my OH micro is okayish, not as good as it was back in the days but its okay and I can work with it.
24 Nov 2016, 08:15 AM

For taking out emplacements I would take the time to watch this video if you have not already. https://youtu.be/MkVxsYNab0s?list=PLwkm_w8wXFhjEX14k1f3Z2EWgYuIFi-Cf

24 Nov 2016, 12:27 PM

Wait for patch, Axis is in a terrible state atm.
24 Nov 2016, 13:37 PM

What setup are you two going? dual OKW, dual OH or combo? Dual OH is a dead idea by the core right now in this patch and dual OKW is a bit better but try to go OKW/OH because you can maximize your effectiveness (they compliment eachother in different ways)
24 Nov 2016, 16:57 PM

Permanently Banned
Post a repley to undastend problem what you have.
24 Nov 2016, 18:29 PM

to deal with brits emplacement cancer, one of you go for osther, make 2 mortar (480 mp) and one reinforcement halftrack (200 MP + 30 Fuel).

attack the mortar pit first with two mortar and halftrack in the back to reinforce if needed.

This counter easily mortar pit & bofor and cost almost the same price than it.

same against soviet 120 mm mortar spam + maxim.
24 Nov 2016, 21:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2016, 08:15 AMMontag
For taking out emplacements I would take the time to watch this video if you have not already. https://youtu.be/MkVxsYNab0s?list=PLwkm_w8wXFhjEX14k1f3Z2EWgYuIFi-Cf

Yeah nah. Hanss videos are OK, however during a match shit hits the fan everywhere, and you cant exactly set up said strategy as easy as the video says

Wait for patch, Axis is in a terrible state atm.

+1. Or spam Prostruppen.

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2016, 13:37 PMDanyek
Dual OH is a dead idea by the core right now in this patch and dual OKW is a bit better but try to go OKW/OH because you can maximize your effectiveness (they compliment eachother in different ways)

+1
Dual Werh makes me a sad panda

to deal with brits emplacement cancer, one of you go for osther, make 2 mortar (480 mp) and one reinforcement halftrack (200 MP + 30 Fuel).
attack the mortar pit first with two mortar and halftrack in the back to reinforce if needed.
This counter easily mortar pit & bofor and cost almost the same price than it.
same against soviet 120 mm mortar spam + maxim.

Wow, the guy IS actually useful sometimes, and not just a submarine fly screen door.
+1 This stratefy worked for me yesterday.
24 Nov 2016, 22:27 PM

Wow, the guy IS actually useful sometimes, and not just a submarine fly screen door.
+1 This stratefy worked for me yesterday.

I'm glad to hear that :blush:
25 Nov 2016, 04:05 AM

Right now the worst allied combo is Brits + USF. My mate and i are ranked 30 as 2v2 AT axis. We can definitely put up a good fight vs anyone, but its at the point on some maps that you're just at a good disadvantage as axis. Honestly I feel like we lose more through RNG and bad luck than the need to l2p. We both play well, but the reliability of killing something is never 100%.

Axis have such a hard time recovering when they take losses early on.
25 Nov 2016, 10:38 AM

Hey guys,

thank you first of all for all the suggestions. I'm actually the mate of Cobalt dealing with this Problem :D we also figured to Play a mix of OKW and OH and will try to execute some of the ideas mentioned by you, like the double mortar and the halftrack. If we have a good replay of a round where we are having trouble again we will post it ;)
25 Nov 2016, 16:06 PM

If the map you guys play on is rather open and lane-ish, use the tactic along with the Spotting Scope. If Brits spam emplacements, you can try the Mechanized German Doctrine, which give you the Scope (Place on a 222 so you can see literally everything on some maps, like Road to Kharkov) and LeFH (good for dealing with emplacements, as always). However, if you and your mate manage to deal with it before it turn into an impossible mission (dual mortars + pak can handle Bofors + Mortar pits, just require you to get used to it), get the Jaeger Armour Doctrine for heavy AT tank (Elefant). 

Basically, an useful tip: Use Spotting Scope! Countless game can be dealt with with less rage thanks to this, trust me!‎
12 Dec 2016, 21:15 PM

Soviet maxim spam and camping brits..

Mortar halftrack and a well micro'd sniper would do you some good.

Brit early weakness- sniper
Soviet not spamming penals - sniper

Double ost is heavily reliant on snipers
Ost/OKW is ost weapons support and fuel caches for okw tanks
OKWx2 is leig base push
29 Dec 2016, 19:06 PM
Admin Red  Badge

If you embrace campy Allied gameplay I'd suggest to build 2 Stukas going for Command Panther as OKW player and choosing a Howitzer Doctrine as OH player.

But as already stated, a replay will definitely help for more suggestions! :)
29 Dec 2016, 19:18 PM

Double mortar reinforcement half track is brutal vs a full campy Brit. He won't be able to repair since you're pasting his sappers. For max efficiency, keep an eye on which mortar is taking return fire, and move it from time to time.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★