Login

russian armor

Idea: Healing arty cancer in teamgames

19 Nov 2016, 08:29 AM

Hey everyone,

What about, if indirect artillery fire like Stuka, Matress, Calliope, Panzerwerfer, Priest, LeFH etc. and also all the commander based abillities would only take down infantry squads so far, that there is at least one guy with 1hp remaining?
Maybe this would lead to the result, that people especially in team games could not rely so much on these indirect arty spamming and would also have to combine them with a coordinated ground forces push.

Greatings,
Ewig
19 Nov 2016, 08:46 AM

Reading the title gives me a different idea: how about arty damaging enemy units but HEALING your own troops if it hits them? Eh?
19 Nov 2016, 08:58 AM

Well, it's my POV, but I use it only to counter blobbers. So the question is: Are you one? It would greatly encourage blobbing because then the blob would just retreat and come back again. Those things are the only reliable way (excluding demo charges) that can counter blobs so far.
19 Nov 2016, 12:45 PM

Sry my english is quite bad. :-)

No, usually I dont blob my units, almost all my games are with Wehrmacht and I prefer playing 3v3 and 4v4.
The problem I face since the last patches and new add-ons is, that your entire Infantry can get whiped way too easy when 3 to 4 people use all the mentioned stuff, I am talking about on you. I see the problem with countering blobs, but I dont feel like having fun anymore in team games where people decide to go fully on arty..
19 Nov 2016, 15:02 PM

Well, I wouldn't go that far but I'd make strong indirect fire require more doctrinal commitment or just have greater trade-off with other tech branches
19 Nov 2016, 15:16 PM

So even Rocket Artillery will fail to wipe out blobs?
If you don't want to get obliterated by the firepower of 4 players, don't play 4vs4, it's what is going to happen there more often than not.
19 Nov 2016, 15:57 PM

Giving infantry a sort of 5% bug for squad wipes isn't actually the craziest thing in the world.

But there's so many things going on with COH2 that it would probably not work as well as one would hope.
19 Nov 2016, 16:35 PM

So even Rocket Artillery will fail to wipe out blobs?
If you don't want to get obliterated by the firepower of 4 players, don't play 4vs4, it's what is going to happen there more often than not.

Yes, it would fail to whipe them completely, nevertheless blobbing would still be punished.
Actually I rarely play 4vs4 and 3vs3 these days, because all the indirect firepower is horrible in my opinion.
19 Nov 2016, 19:37 PM

Or we should give the Allied factions the same friendly fire modifiers as Axis. Nothing beats your own rifleblob running through Calliop fire unharmed to fight the nazis once more.
19 Nov 2016, 20:25 PM

Why don't we just make it that any event that would destroy a unit reduces it to 1 HP, makes it invincible, and force retreats it to base?

Then finally we will no longer complain about squad wipes.
19 Nov 2016, 21:20 PM

Why don't we just make it that any event that would destroy a unit reduces it to 1 HP, makes it invincible, and force retreats it to base?

This forum is really more and more hilarious. Make a mod, say "CoH2.org Unrealistic Arcade Mod"

And free katitof, it's the only thing you can do to for this dead community.

And #Give20BucksToThisBravePigsoup
19 Nov 2016, 22:59 PM

only the usf mortar should be able to wipe squads, it needs that as a buff imo.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★