Login

russian armor

[1v1] Soviet vs OKW Pumas

14 Nov 2016, 17:51 PM

My first semidecent match as a soviet (not a crubstomp for neither side). Lot's of back and forth with the OKW player.

The last 10 minutes of the match became a grinder for both of us.

Apart from asking general soviet advice I want to know how to use the Zis3 more efectively as in this match it only hit the Pumas like 3 times in like 30 minutes in what it's surely a mix of bad positioning and lots of things that obstruct vision. Not being able to counter his pumas efectively made me resort to more defensive tactics

17 Nov 2016, 16:38 PM

Hi cochosgo,

I will take a look at this latter today. If you are having trouble hitting vehicles you need to extend the time in which they are vulnerable. Use mines and AT nades to slow them down, or use button to hold them once you have the ability to blow them away.
17 Nov 2016, 23:44 PM

Ok, I watched the match. I was pleasantly surprised to see some good micro at many points, and you were certainly evenly matched with your opponent.

To address your biggest complaint, you need to use mines. You need to be placing them all the time, and you need to be using AT nades more often. To be fair, the Puma's big draw is its ability to sneak out of combat and extend its life, so it will always be a hard target to hit. You also kept your AT gun cloaked frequently, and while this does give you the element of surprise on the first shot for sure, you have a really hard time moving or even reloading, since all crew movement are slowed down. I find it only useful in a few situation.

You should also try using the tac map more often. There were many times were squads were off for long periods without orders.

You got very lucky in the beginning of the game, but you did not fully exploit the advantage. He was down to 2 squads and you had 4 that could cap. At that point you should have spread out and decapped everything.

If you choose to fight with T34s be aware they are only as good as puma's at best. They trade with them find. Try to space them out to trap puma's on the move.

Use attack ground whenever you anticipate smoke. Low health puma's are prime examples of this.

Be a little more careful with squads. The Stuka did wipe some, and this is going to happen, but you struggled to get and maintain vet on the field. Try to keep squads alive into the late game.

My biggest piece of advice is to use mines. You have the fundamentals largely down. You need to practice to get better, but you will shortly.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 42
Germany 765
unknown 20
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L