Login

russian armor

Which 2v2 maps should be vettoed as Ostheer?

13 Nov 2016, 09:56 AM

Any pro/dedicate-to-play Ostheer players has any advice on this? What maps should be avoided at all cost? What maps would Ostheer shine?
13 Nov 2016, 10:05 AM

Dusseldorf, Moscow (50% chance you get north and you are fucked), Trois, for me also Ettelburck.

Most of 2v2 maps are shitty, and design badly. Narrow maps are bad in case of calliope or other ally arty, too open map and you will get flanked easily
13 Nov 2016, 13:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2016, 10:05 AMStark
Dusseldorf, Moscow (50% chance you get north and you are fucked), Trois, for me also Ettelburck.

Most of 2v2 maps are shitty, and design badly. Narrow maps are bad in case of calliope or other ally arty, too open map and you will get flanked easily

Hmm... well then Ostheer will basically struggled on all 2v2 maps? Man, that's tough... Any tips that can work on all maps though? I mean, I play Ostheer rather defensive and always use the Spotting Scope to my advantage (2 of my commanders in the loadout have the Scope) but recently, the maps I saw this work are Hamlet and mainly narrow maps, but still having difficult keep a steady front-line.‎
13 Nov 2016, 14:44 PM

not on all, no

Crossing in the woods, Rails and Metal, Hamlet are even better for ostheer/okw than double okw strat imo.

With current balance allies on 2s are just better, simple as that. It doesn't mean you should stop playing axis, it's just it's harder to win vs same skill lvl players and with current meta

13 Nov 2016, 21:53 PM

I lost/disconnected and raged at 12 matches lost in a row over the weekend as OST.

OST is broken to shite
14 Nov 2016, 01:50 AM

I lost/disconnected and raged at 12 matches lost in a row over the weekend as OST.

OST is broken to shite

Same here, moving from rank 13 down to 8. But would that stop me from playing Ostheer? ... No. I don't want to join the cheesy side (Most of Allies players down here use cheese tactic, no offense to higher rank players), I stay loyal to this faction until I can actually be good at them. That's why i'm asking for tips and advices up here.

So, back on the topic, there are some 3v3 maps being used in 2v2 map pool (Like Across the Rhine). Should I automatically vetto them out due to the fact that Allies would mostly got the advantage in retreating time (USF + Brits have forward ones, Soviet could be in the same situation as Ost) or should I vetto some other maps instead?‎
14 Nov 2016, 02:22 AM
Donator 11

Same here, moving from rank 13 down to 8. But would that stop me from playing Ostheer? ... No. I don't want to join the cheesy side (Most of Allies players down here use cheese tactic, no offense to higher rank players), I stay loyal to this faction until I can actually be good at them. That's why i'm asking for tips and advices up here.

So, back on the topic, there are some 3v3 maps being used in 2v2 map pool (Like Across the Rhine). Should I automatically vetto them out due to the fact that Allies would mostly got the advantage in retreating time (USF + Brits have forward ones, Soviet could be in the same situation as Ost) or should I vetto some other maps instead?‎

I wonder, what do you find to be a cheesy tactic? I play okw, ost and sovs recently. Maybe I'm cheesy when using sovs and I don't even know it :D
14 Nov 2016, 03:32 AM

I wonder, what do you find to be a cheesy tactic? I play okw, ost and sovs recently. Maybe I'm cheesy when using sovs and I don't even know it :D

Oh you know... the maxim spam to Guards to T-34-85 spam (Sov) + Mortar spam to fast Stuart to blob Rifleman (USF) combo... or the infamous sim cities (2 Brits)... or the Rifleman spam to fast Stuart to Calliope/Pershing (USF) + the simcity (Brits) combo... quite a lot, actually!

Of course, this doesn't mean that Axis don't have their cheesy tactics, but consider the effectiveness though! It's no where near! For example, the ISGs spam next to the Schwere (OKW) + Bunker/mortar spam (Ost) combo: This one can easily be countered by LM (Which every single Brit player has) or Calliope (Every USF player has). In addition, this combo doesn't stand a chance against the sim cities (No brace, MP bleed, etc.) and doesn't get back up by good infantries (No duel-equipped frontline infantry, no terminator vet, etc.)

I don't want to get too bias... but the Axis players at my current rank these day have to be more tactical than their Allies counterparts cause if you cheese, the Allies cheese will squash you.‎
14 Nov 2016, 21:14 PM

a cheesy tactic?

cheesy tactics,
I don't want to get too bias... but the Axis players at my current rank these day have to be more tactical than their Allies counterparts cause if you cheese, the Allies cheese will squash you.‎

Wait, so are you saying basically every time I have been playing I've been doing cheese?
How does one determine what is a cheesy tactic?
How does one defeat a cheesy tactic?

I am with william on this one; Axis have only a few cheese compared to allies.
15 Nov 2016, 03:39 AM

How does one determine what is a cheesy tactic?

Good question though. It's quite hard to truly give a common 100% definition that everyone agrees, but let's just take it this way: You know the kind of cheese that is been left under the basement for quite a long time (Similar to wine cellar thing), smell rather stink and annoying and especially are hard as f*ck! Yeah, those kind of cheese! 

These "cheese" tactics are usually can be used in literally every situations (Kinda like a no-brainer action since you do this every single match in every single map) and it just works so effectively with little to no effort. On top of that, it forces the opponent to put literally so much more efforts in just to deal with it. You could say: "Oh, so the "cheese" dude is just an oppoturnist!". But that's in real life! We're talking about games here, and when it comes to games, it'll centralize the players' experience. And when you see yourself in a position where you always have to put a huge amount of efforts just to counter a tactic that all what required for the opponent to do is to sit back and let everything unfold slowly since you already know the result before the match even started (I'm looking at you, sim cities piece of crap!) or just A-move with blobs to victory, that's not a pleasant experience! That's just "too cheesy" for you to handle.‎

How does one defeat a cheesy tactic?

Well, to deal with heavy, thick, hard-hitting stinky cheese under the basement, you'll either need a very strong, sharp knife or just throw the god damn thing away! Same here, there are many "knifes" (counter tactics) to cut these "cheese" (cheesy tactics) but again, the amount of efforts required (cut it like cutting concrete) is much greater than those required by the cheese (just be there...that's it...). Throw the damn thing away (Abanding the game/faction) would be quite sad since you waste the flavour of the cheese that stored there for quite a long time (the feelings when cheesy bastards got punish for being brain-dead, don't know what to do when their "cheese" don't work and that sweet moment when they rage-quit/spam your faction being OP). Therefore, 3 options appear:
- Find the correct knife for specific cheese (Learning which tactic work best against which cheesy tactic and master it, despite the efforts)
- Utilize different tools to cut the damn thing! (Knowing which maps are good for you and/or bad for them; knowing which commanders are good at dealing with the "cheesy" tactics or simply utilize underused units/abilities (In non-pro scene) to deal with blobbers, cheesy tactic to surprise them like Ostwind, Close the pocket, Goliath,Stormtroopers with Tactical Advance, etc.)
- Be the cheese... ... Like... No! Not for me! But yeah... it's an option...‎
15 Nov 2016, 03:51 AM

Anyways, I still need some advices on which maps to vetto so... I now know that Dussendorf is completely horrible for Ostheer, but I'm not sure about others though. What about the 3v3 ones (Across the Rhine, for example) for 2v2 match?
16 Nov 2016, 09:24 AM

Across the Rhine is a routine victory for me when playing Axis. Probably the most Axis favouring 2v2 (3v3?) map, in my opinion. Axis do better in general in longer engagements. So, no, I wouldn't veto it.
16 Nov 2016, 11:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2016, 09:24 AMRappy
Across the Rhine is a routine victory for me when playing Axis. Probably the most Axis favouring 2v2 (3v3?) map, in my opinion. Axis do better in general in longer engagements. So, no, I wouldn't veto it.

Although it's favoured for Axis, I do have the feeling it is in some sort of way balanced, perhaps make some area's a bit more close combat and it'll be fine.
16 Nov 2016, 12:36 PM

Every urban/other map that doesn't favor longer range styles of engagement. This means 2/3 of the map pool. You have to make a concious dicision on which maps you hate the most and which maps out of these close engagement styles gives you the most problems when playin a specific faction.

Personally, I hate almost all maps in 2v2. The only one I like is minsk pocket for some reason. I really enjoy that map as Axis.
16 Nov 2016, 15:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2016, 09:24 AMRappy

Hmm... I can't seem to see how the map would favour the Axis more? Which in this case, Ostheer, the faction that has no FRP. I haven't try this map in 2v2 since I think the Allies would just straight up putting so much more pressure thanks to closer retreat route (Having FRP) so where is the favour part? Can you be more specific on this?‎
16 Nov 2016, 20:03 PM

first of all play all maps you will find out which one is proper for you and you feel comfortable on it .
although minsk is best for coliop and mattress...but my first favoriate map is as axis.
partizan still strong also shock troops in urban maps so u should veto dusseldolf .....
1 Dec 2016, 00:19 AM

I enable both 1v1 and 2v2 so I can have more map bans. I'm fine with every 1v1 map so I just ban every 2v2 map that I know Brits want to play on. I tend to get less games against Brits now and cured of my diabetes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS