Login

russian armor

Any news on possible upcoming balance patch?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (7)down
17 Nov 2016, 12:03 PM

The T34 did need a buff vs infantry because it was lackluster. ~It was about alright for the cost.300/80, cmon that is cheaper than a puma.~

Penals did need a buff because they were useless, the problems they have now are related to dropped weapons and the potency of a flamethrower on a larger squad with excellent AI. ~Penals were an L2P unit, rewarded with their veterancy and flamers and were generally OK for the cost.~

The T0 mortar makes USF slightly more interesting to build since there is more than riflle x3 as an opening. ~MG42 and Whermacht as a faction were not and are not supposed to face a USF mortar. Design level feature. BTW, the nade research exist for a reason.~

Allied tank destroyers received, to my recollection few buffs. What did happen was the SU85 was moved to a more reliable heavy tank destroyer, and the Jackson got its sight buff broken up so it could actually kite. ~AFAIK, nobody believed the jackon needed any buff. FireFly oneclick I-Win button was another pointless gimmick. The SU85 now is a heavy tank destroyer with a default maphack ability. Anyhow, AXIS can't use tanks mid and late game mainly due to the Su85 and FireFly silly overbuffs~

Indirect fire from the Allies, again, this is just the USF mortar, no others got buffs to my knowledge.~The Scott, major arty, and few others. As a forum strategist, you should have an updated knowledge about the game and its units~

[pointless flaming]............

~No response warranted~

Ultimately whatever was in the mod was a gift, a place to show off a better version of the game. They took pieces and left others, and in so doing they are responsible, in the entirety, for the current state of the game.~The current number of players online and the lack of enthusiasm for discussing balance on this very forum seem to prove that the changes in the "Competitive Mod" were devastating for the game and Relic as a whole.~
17 Nov 2016, 13:28 PM

1. You actually care about that and go check the 2 last relic stream;
2. You trust me, because i have no interest in lying to you.
3. You don't care and you make me waste my time.

Pick one.

I have something even better for you:

4. Because I can't be arsed to actually back up my claims with facts, I throw some random bollocks into the room to distract the other guy, only to attack him personally if he doesn't fall for it.

You either have a source for your claim, or it's just as good as any other hearsay. And hearsay is usually worth nothing at best and absolutely nothing in any other case.
17 Nov 2016, 13:41 PM

Come on lads, calm your man tits.

If you can source any claim people will generally take it more seriously. Asking for other people to source your own argument never works. But both of you try not to get worked up over it.

There'll be a patch... soon...

Maybe...

Please...
17 Nov 2016, 13:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2016, 13:41 PMSwift
Come on lads, calm your man tits.

If you can source any claim people will generally take it more seriously. Asking for other people to source your own argument never works. But both of you try not to get worked up over it.

There'll be a patch... soon...

Maybe...

Please...

Oh, I am perfectly calm. And yes, I do hope for a patch as well, so when somebody claims to have knowledge that no patch is coming when everybody else is fingering in the dark, that does ring some bells. Especially if that someone can't source his claim and gets aggressive when being asked to do so.
17 Nov 2016, 13:47 PM

I throw some random bollocks into the room to distract the other guy, only to attack him personally if he doesn't fall for it.

Holy moly :lol:

first of all, i didn't attack you personally or not.
You just act like these feminist whining about everything and doing nothing about it.

If you don't trust me, i gave you everything you need to check it and come back to confirm or deny.
it's up to YOU

otherwise, this little talk is worth northing.

Edit : btw, i checked on twitch, it was during this stream :

https://www.twitch.tv/relicentertainment/v/88981744 (during the second battle, Kyle answer to some questions).
17 Nov 2016, 15:20 PM

Holy moly :lol:

first of all, i didn't attack you personally or not.
You just act like these feminist whining about everything and doing nothing about it.

If you don't trust me, i gave you everything you need to check it and come back to confirm or deny.
it's up to YOU

otherwise, this little talk is worth northing.

Edit : btw, i checked on twitch, it was during this stream :

https://www.twitch.tv/relicentertainment/v/88981744 (during the second battle, Kyle answer to some questions).

Thanks for providing the source. I mean, for general shoutbox stuff, your claim and source hint was ok, but the dude asked for the source explicitly and it's not enough to say "it's over there lul". The burden of proof was on you and you fulfilled it in the end.

After ~01:55:00 he answers in chat:

aerafield : @kyle_re balance asjustments planned for CoH2?

kyle_re : @aerafield yes, but not until closer to the end of the year

Further around ~02:08:00 he states:

Chihari : @kyle_re just curious, is the balance patch you mentioned earlier going to be minor adjustments, or bigger changes like in the june 21st update?

kyle_re : @Chihari Any balance changes will be minor adjustments

That's what I found so far after watching ~20 minutes of quality source material. \s
17 Nov 2016, 16:34 PM

You keep saying "no one" but I do not think you know what those words mean.

T34 was not cheaper than a Puma because you are ignoring its arrival time. There is a thing called opportunity cost, which you have ignored, that significantly impeded the efficiency of the T34. It is now in line with other tanks. Possibly the 85 version needs a slight reduction in that power.

Penals were outright ignored in any meaningful level of play before they were buffed. Check some replays.

Rifle spam is boring and struggled on maps with buildings. Grenades were not sufficient to deal with garrisoned units on many maps.The mortar is quite different from its role in the original mod and as a result is painfully OP.

Indirect fire buffs, I actually forget about the Scot and Major, both of which were made so they could actually be used in game instead of completely ignored. If you are struggling vs. Major arty please post some replays, both are I feel very balanced now.

The SU85 was redundant because of its role overlap with the SU76. It actually received a sizeable nerf vs. medium armor in the patch. The Jackson simply had its vet split up, a very slight buff. This was to allow it to perform its role since it effectively has 0 armor vs most AT weapons, hint they always penetrate it.

Don't allow your personal views to get in the way of balance. You will also note that the green bar below my name means that I work to improve the community experience on this site in different ways. It does not mean I am somehow perfect, there is not even a long written test I have to pass to get the green bar. You will also note I mentioned in the prior post that I could not remember, which was a polite way of saying feel free to let me know of things you feel are unbalanced related to the patch and I am too lazy to go back to the patch notes, not that I am trying to ignore pieces.

New balance patch is probably quite a bit away, I suspect there are few people still working on anything COH2 related right now.
17 Nov 2016, 17:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2016, 15:20 PMNubb3r

Further around ~02:08:00 he states:

aerafield : @kyle_re balance asjustments planned for CoH2?

kyle_re : @aerafield yes, but not until closer to the end of the year

kyle_re : @Chihari Any balance changes will be minor adjustment

That's what I found so far after watching ~20 minutes of quality source material. \s

ty for giving us exact time.

btw, feel free to thanks me for remembering what kyle wrotte in a 5 weeks old stream.:)
(instead of geting mad for no reason)
17 Nov 2016, 20:26 PM

So in the end I've got to say each to their own. You think the allies needed those buffs and there was nothing wrong with the last patch (Inb4 nah USF mortar OP). While I think %90 of the changes were unnecessary overbuffs for allies which deleted the axis factions from the game installation folder.

Different people, different preferences.
17 Nov 2016, 21:16 PM

Kyle from Relic, please respond to this thread and tell us if you have balance changes coming before 2017. Thanks. If not then tell us if any more balance changes are coming. Thanks.

Please.
17 Nov 2016, 21:29 PM

Kyle from Relic, please respond to this thread and tell us if you have balance changes coming before 2017. Thanks. If not then tell us if any more balance changes are coming. Thanks.

Please.
I am not kyle but I am going to answer this using common sense.

YES, a balance patch is coming and it will be a comprehensive one. Otherwise they wouldn't invest so much time designing that 'Balance Feedback Form'. But when? That is the question
18 Nov 2016, 14:36 PM

ty for giving us exact time.

btw, feel free to thanks me for remembering what kyle wrotte in a 5 weeks old stream.:)
(instead of geting mad for no reason)

I can give you the reason I got mad. The thing is, you don't have to remember. But if you make claims and don't get backed up, but rather questioned you might want to back yourself and your claim up with some source and proof. Instead you provide a half assed source and oblige your opponent to watch through it, instead of doing it yourself. This kind of shitty argumentation in a forum full of shit-talkers, rumor-spreaders and daydreamers is the problem.

You were right in the end, but how can one know if you're trustworthy or just another shit-talker?
18 Nov 2016, 19:04 PM

Well in stormless' twitch yesterday it was asked again of Kyle about the upcoming balance patch. He said categorically that there will be new skins and faceplates in December patch but nothing balance related. His answer for when the balance changes would arrive was "one day".

So I think that says it all about relic really...

If I remember correctly he also called the balance issues learn2play issues. This coming from Kyle!
18 Nov 2016, 20:26 PM

Meanwhile, at Relic's HQ, Quinn decided to browse the official forums:
18 Nov 2016, 20:49 PM

More skins and new faceplates!?
I hope one of then involves tears and salt for the Axis tanks.
18 Nov 2016, 20:54 PM

Lol this company, they are totally out of sync with reality xd
18 Nov 2016, 20:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

So your picture's Ruby Rose now huh...the not-actually-existent one.
Meanwhile, at Relic's HQ

That just doesn't have the same ring to it.
18 Nov 2016, 21:22 PM

Meanwhile, at Relic's HQ, Quinn decided to browse the official forums:
Oh, thank you for this photo, Now we can know for sure what is in the next patch notes.:lol:
18 Nov 2016, 22:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2016, 20:54 PMVuther
So your picture's Ruby Rose now huh...the not-actually-existent one.

Uh?
It's just Ruby with her hood up.
18 Nov 2016, 22:10 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Uh?
It's just Ruby with her hood up.

I was referring to this woman as well.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias