Login

russian armor

Take advantage of intelligence warfare

8 Nov 2016, 06:32 AM

I see quite a lot of pro Ostheer players take advantage of this, but not the normal non-pro players though. I'm talking about the extreme reconnaissance capability of some Ostheer commanders. For example, the one that available to all Ostheer players and has literally over-the-top recon abilities: Jaeger Armour Doctrine. This commander has both the "Spotting Scope" and the "Reconnaissance Overflight" which give you so much information over your enemy that this just favor such a defensive play (Which Wehrmacht are meant to be played).

I'm gonna talk about a way to play Wehrmacht, the way they are designed to: a defensive way (This strategy based around 2v2 gameplay). And to make this play as effective as possible, I would recommend the Jaeger Armour Doctrine:
- The Spotting Scope: Give this to a Scout car(Vet 2 would even better thanks to increase sight-range) and you can see literally everything on most 2v2 maps. This is just so crucial in helping your army. You can know when they'll attack and start moving your defenses to deal with it, give vision to your indirect-fire weaponry, find weakness among enemy frontline and use it to your own good, etc. Winning the recon war will ensure your winning over your enemy (As long as you don't f*cked yourself up)
- The Reconnaissance Overflight: This ability will be good on some urban maps but will basically be overkill in most maps since the Scout car with Spotting Scope already do the recon for you. But using this to clear the way for the "J87 Stuka Dive bomb" is good enough, and again, the amount of information you get from one 50-MU recon is enormous! Take advantage of this ability to see the area where your Scout car can't and literally nothing the enemy can hide from you.

To make the top use of this, I don't think you should go 2 222s but rather 1 222 + 1 251 halftrack. I don't know why people hate the 251 halftrack but having a mobile reinforcement platform is just incredible! Especially for a faction that rely heavily on support weapons, and with the "Riegel AT mines" (10 MU cheaper than the Teller, can be place from a reinforcement halftrack and can immobilize tanks) from the commander, this halftrack can have more utilities than just going for flamethrower. 

Then when it comes to tank warfare, Ostwind + StuG is the best combo in my opinion for this strategy. Just keep the Ostwind not-moving while shooting to maximize its potential, don't dive in and this thing is a beast! Great tool to counter Rifleman blobs  and you can get a pair of it by the time the first Brumbarr arrive. Just keep a mobile defensive front and utilize the amount of vital intelligence, like building bunkers in strategic positions so your army can always be mobiled (For 150 MP and 60 MU, I would say the bunker is the best, better than the Bofor. Why? Because most non-pro Allies players underestimate the bunkers. Just don't spam it though, you need your MU).‎

To summarize, to play Ostheer non-professinally, you don't really have to get those Tiger commanders, you already have the commanders that allow you to take advantage in reconnaissance warfare (Jaeger Armour Doctrine, Mechanized Doctrine) which can have such a huge impact in ensuring your lead against your enemy. Just remember: The one who has the information has the power.

Hope I can help some non-pro Ostheer players in playing this wonderful faction. Good luck on the battlefield, kommandant!‎

EDIT: Here are 2 replays demonstate the strategy. Just pay attention at how much information I gained from the scoped scout car:

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★