Login

russian armor

MG-42 same sight as sniper

27 Oct 2016, 23:18 PM

How did they miss that bug? I assume it's a bug.

Edit: should've posted it in the bugs forum sorry
27 Oct 2016, 23:30 PM
Donator 11

Not a bug at all. Both snipers and mgs have more shooting range than sight range. You will always be shot back when shooting from the sight range of sniper. Spotter is what you need to avoid this.

Before latest changes to bulletins you could also stack 3 sight range bulletins on soviet sniper to get self spotting sniper. Right now it's not possible any more.
27 Oct 2016, 23:39 PM

You are approaching an MG in a house. One of the bonuses of being in a house is increased sight range, this is to offset the lack of mobility. Snipers had their sight range reduced long ago because they could self spot at vet 0. Now you have to vet them up to get this benefit.
27 Oct 2016, 23:49 PM

Also keep in mind that pioneers recrewing mgs retain their sight which can be a huge in an engagement.
28 Oct 2016, 01:20 AM

Thanks.
But what infantry has further sight range than snipers then? If nobody has it then anyone will be suppressed and have to retreat. So nobody can spot without having to retreat pretty soon and mortar is only solid counter. But then again, you can't be sure if there is an hmg there anymore since you don't have sight range without having to retreat. Such bullshit that is.
28 Oct 2016, 01:40 AM

It is also rather wise not to explore the fog of war with snipers unless you can move along cover for cloaking.
28 Oct 2016, 04:37 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

You are supposed to use a spotter or the re-cloak trick that I covered here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY7RYO3A4cc (towards the end)

Buildings are OP, simple as that.
28 Oct 2016, 12:47 PM

You are supposed to use a spotter or the re-cloak trick that I covered here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY7RYO3A4cc (towards the end)

Buildings are OP, simple as that.

Solid tips in that video!
28 Oct 2016, 15:05 PM

Thanks.
But what infantry has further sight range than snipers then? If nobody has it then anyone will be suppressed and have to retreat. So nobody can spot without having to retreat pretty soon and mortar is only solid counter. But then again, you can't be sure if there is an hmg there anymore since you don't have sight range without having to retreat. Such bullshit that is.

Vetted JLI and Pathfinders, tommies with pyrotechics upgrade and Panzerfusilirs with G43 upgrade have greater sight range than other infantry. For soviet and ostheer faction, I dont remember any unit with sight range bigger than snipers.
28 Oct 2016, 16:53 PM

This mecanic is pretty dumb. Who cares about offset the lack of mobility when a unit is tricked by an MG. Specially when you can't see the true range.

It's an invisible buff who provoks frustration.
28 Oct 2016, 20:12 PM

Mgs also fire slightly farther then their arc when they are in some buildings.
28 Oct 2016, 22:27 PM

lolhow about maxim range? or did u play vs ukf and face vicker in buiding? you will fin out which is farther
28 Oct 2016, 23:04 PM
Donator 11

Thanks.

You can always spot from cover or garrison of your own. Also the best counters to garrisons are mortars and demos, not a sniper.
28 Oct 2016, 23:29 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Mgs also fire slightly farther then their arc when they are in some buildings.

Cause the arc starts from the center of the building and not from the windows.
1 Nov 2016, 14:30 PM

Cause the arc starts from the center of the building and not from the windows.

That actually depends on whether you have the MG-unit itself selected, or just the building.
7 Nov 2016, 19:25 PM

That actually depends on whether you have the MG-unit itself selected, or just the building.

what you mean?
7 Nov 2016, 20:51 PM
Donator 11

what you mean?

If you select the building, a list of units that are in that building will show up on bottom panel. Choosing mg from this list shows the real arc of the mg, drawn from the gun itself, not middle of building.
7 Nov 2016, 21:23 PM

If you select the building, a list of units that are in that building will show up on bottom panel. Choosing mg from this list shows the real arc of the mg, drawn from the gun itself, not middle of building.

oh thanks!!! i didnt know that i could click on enemy squad inside a building.
7 Nov 2016, 22:28 PM
Donator 11

oh thanks!!! i didnt know that i could click on enemy squad inside a building.

You can also use tab key to go to the first unit in building faster than using a mouse. This works with your own garissons as well as the ones occupied by your opponent.
7 Nov 2016, 23:15 PM

You can also use tab key to go to the first unit in building faster than using a mouse. This works with your own garissons as well as the ones occupied by your opponent.

oh well thanks again, i always used the mouse to select my unit to chose the which side i want the unit to exit. Long live to poland!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★