Login

russian armor

Stun Inf without Cancelling Move Orders

26 Oct 2016, 04:45 AM

Hello,

I am trying to make an ability that will stun infantry, which I can do easily. However, after the infantry is stunned, it seems all its previous orders are cancelled. The action I used to stun the infantry was applying a -1 move enable modifier. I tried a max speed modifier, but that doesn't seem to work because inf work on posture speeds. Any tips on how I can make the inf freeze without cancelling its orders?
26 Oct 2016, 10:56 AM

Any action that disables infantry movement will automatically cancel movement orders. Sometimes this will even make infantry unable to respond to a retreat command.

I think max_speed_modifier will work just fine.

1. Check out how the soldier_stun critical is implemented in modding tools.
2. Why not already use the soldier_stun critical as it is implemented for the stun nades?
27 Oct 2016, 03:07 AM

I was able to do it for tanks, but not infantry. If I use a max_speed modifier for tanks it works just fine, they freeze and then are able to continue on their orders.
That being said, I have achieved the result I want for vehicles but not inf. I COULD just use the soldier stun critical but it is not the result I want, therefore I don't use it unless it's a last resort.

Max_speed doesn't work for inf because they don't use max speed, they use posture speed which only works on 3 integers.
7 Nov 2016, 14:04 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The stun crit that still allows movement is soldier_explosive_round. This is same crit that the osteer sniper uses and it only applies to the affected models and not the entire squad. I just tested it in replacing the stun grenade from stun_soldier to soldier_explosive_round.
10 Nov 2016, 03:05 AM

Hm, doesn't seem like it actually stuns movement but disables weapons. But maybe you're on to something here about applying to entities instead of squad.
10 Nov 2016, 15:22 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Any action that disables infantry movement will automatically cancel movement orders. Sometimes this will even make infantry unable to respond to a retreat command.

I think max_speed_modifier will work just fine.

1. Check out how the soldier_stun critical is implemented in modding tools.
2. Why not already use the soldier_stun critical as it is implemented for the stun nades?

To go along with this, go to the critical tab. Create or clone a copy of soldier_explosive_round. Cloning it will also change the sniper crit, also change your selected ability's crit to your new crit. Add a modifier (under the apply modifier), add speed_max_modifier. Put in Multiply by 0. And there you go, movement will stop but not interrupt orders. If you want the affected squad to still be able to retreat with this crit, you need to go to retreat part of squads (every single squad in the game) and add speed_max_modifier, multiply by 1 and set it to exclusive. Now they can retreat while being stunned.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 26

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight