Login

russian armor

The times you went "wtf relic?" coh2 patch history

24 Oct 2016, 00:13 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Why on earth instantly these attacks lol, it is just a funny video. Man these forums :snfPeter:

I guess not adding a smiley sounded as an attack :snfBarton: I just wanted to post that pic :guyokay:

Mind that in coh1 all team weapons were 3 men. And nobody complained. The only issue I can see is that precision strike, though it's worth mentioning how much more effective dps wise was every wehrmacht team weapon than soviet one. And you could reinforce them all the time with flame ht.

- SU sniper been great, specially with sprint and OH one been "crap".
- Besides OP MG42 with bulletins, support weapons were not used and Gren vs Conscript spam was the usual playstyle.
- Teching was more expensive and you started with less mp, which contribute with the point mention before.
24 Oct 2016, 02:07 AM

Bring back 100 range ele isu152 and pak43 :foreveralone:
24 Oct 2016, 03:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2016, 12:16 PMButcher
Of course not. But as a matter of fact they changed Coh2 for the worse.

People still argue with whether or not the WFA also destroyed the better balance the EFA had, so it's basically no different from them.

OKW already introduced the trench Warfare style of stalemate gameplay so you can't put the entire blame on the Brits for that.

Altho I do agreed I would like to replace the mortar pit with something better, I see nothing wrong with the 17P that's not even seen in most games anyhow and Bofors, at least for the most part.
24 Oct 2016, 05:35 AM

Brit Release

Commandos
Croc
Impenetrable Churchill

and the insane bugs that came with the release (Across map vikers and command buff spam)
24 Oct 2016, 09:22 AM

How could I forget: 0cp vet 1,5 riflemen lol
24 Oct 2016, 10:59 AM

Permanently Banned
when I realized my ober with 2x LMG34s (one picked up, the other attained through the upgrade) can't kill a single model from a vet 3 penals.
24 Oct 2016, 16:12 PM

though it's worth mentioning how much more effective dps wise was every wehrmacht team weapon than soviet one.

They had/have to be, due to the bigger squad sizes and thus larger health pool. That's why the Ostheer mortar is still better than the Soviet one, which is also the reason why the US mortar is so ridiculously OP (as it is basically a direct copy of the Ostheer mortar with a few better stats and ridiculous veterancy bonuses).

That's the problem with asymmetric balance, you can't just compare everything directly, but you have to use some sort of context in which to compare. Direct comparisons work only between a very few specific units in the game (mostly core infantry and some of the tanks), and even then a careful approach must be kept. And then there's of course interpretation bias (willing or unwilling), so in the end without the direct numbers that Relic has available, we can only make some more or less precise guesses in "laboratory environments, as to what would be useful to change to make the game better.
24 Oct 2016, 16:23 PM
Donator 11

They had/have to be, due to the bigger squad sizes and thus larger health pool. That's why the Ostheer mortar is still better than the Soviet one, which is also the reason why the US mortar is so ridiculously OP (as it is basically a direct copy of the Ostheer mortar with a few better stats and ridiculous veterancy bonuses).

That's the problem with asymmetric balance, you can't just compare everything directly, but you have to use some sort of context in which to compare. Direct comparisons work only between a very few specific units in the game, and even then a careful approach must be kept. And then there's of course interpretation bias (willing or unwilling), so in the end without the direct numbers that Relic has available, we can only make some more or less precise guesses in "laboratory environments, as to what would be useful to change to make the game better.

Yep, that is exactly what I'm saying. Ostheer weapons teams were still strong, just in a different way and in different circumstances than soviet ones. To some extend the assymetric ballance has been kept when you look at it from todays perspective, though it took awful amount of time to ballance the mg42 alone after this change.
24 Oct 2016, 16:45 PM

I miss Fury Company.
24 Oct 2016, 18:17 PM

at brit release.

wtf = centaur, bofors, & commandos. srsly wtf was anyone supposed to do against these?

wfa. just the main ones.

shreks on main line inf? flamers on main line inf? RE's instapin volley fire. p47s of doom. Obersoldaten were terminators out of the box, the mg34 with their stupid high survivability. umm.... canister shot, although that was a lot of fun. minute 2 vet 2 infantry.

later, the freaking suppressing leig/pack howitzer!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still get pissed when I think about this one.

calliope & pershing dlc with truly crappy okw counterparts

from Feb 15th, 2015 until ~May 2015 with all the CAS spam. hordes or lmg grens and shrek pgrens everywhere with more planes in a 4v4 than flew during the entire battle of Britain. gg Luftwaffe.

15minute kt, alternatively the 18 minute vet 3 kt. again, that was damn fun to pull in a 4v4. 1x luft supply, 2x elite, 1x okw.

so, so many more. it makes you wonder if they even test some of the changes they make. some of the worst cheese was the most obvious.

24 Oct 2016, 21:53 PM

You could get a vet 2 Rifle in the first engagement if your lucky back then
26 Oct 2016, 14:54 PM

How the first 4 factions GENERALLY stuck to history and realism concerning units, their penetration, armor and abilities but how the 5th faction decided that it didn't matter anymore...

-.50 cal sniper - never existed in ww2
-the comet had the same armor as the cromwell
-the 'oh no, we're being burned alive/shelled in this pit! well hold up the walls!' ability
-Brits are unable to die when manning an emplaced weapon, doesn't matter how much fire there is
26 Oct 2016, 16:44 PM
Benefactor 392

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2016, 10:53 AMwouren
My favorite is the PTSD-inducing soundbug.

i miss the sound bug :(
27 Oct 2016, 13:57 PM

when relic decided to bring back the mortar pit

the biggest insult of gameplay and most hated pile of bs unit out there

never been missed...yet it came back

It was missed, that's why it came back. You're only fooling yourself.
27 Oct 2016, 15:40 PM

It was missed, that's why it came back. You're only fooling yourself.
Are you serious? This thing was and is outright broken. On some maps it is uncounterable if the German player hasn´t gone for a 105mm. Take Trois Ponts or Crossing in the woods as example. If they are planted behind a building (Trois Ponts) or the big hedge next to the base (Crossing in the woods) they can overwatch the central VP unharmed for the entire game. They can´t be reached by conventional means there and small artillery won´t get them.

The mortar pit or emplacements in general were one of the most hated "features" (if cancer is a feature) of all Coh.
27 Oct 2016, 16:20 PM

Are you serious? This thing was and is outright broken. On some maps it is uncounterable if the German player hasn´t gone for a 105mm. Take Trois Ponts or Crossing in the woods as example. If they are planted behind a building (Trois Ponts) or the big hedge next to the base (Crossing in the woods) they can overwatch the central VP unharmed for the entire game. They can´t be reached by conventional means there and small artillery won´t get them.

The mortar pit or emplacements in general were one of the most hated "features" (if cancer is a feature) of all Coh.

I'm just saying it's back because enough people liked brits and emplacements. A whole buch did although you and some others don't. Otherwise it wouldn't be in the game. Makes sense? You don't seriously believ Relic put that in if they had nobody approving of Brits?
27 Oct 2016, 20:09 PM

It was 2014, when I believe USF got some nerfs and OKW got some buffs. It was right at the time as the Dr. Wachs tournament and OKW Fortifications was every game.

For me I think the lowest point is Brit Release right before OCF. Centaur was bugged for weeks, vickers bug, stacking bugs everywhere. What could have been the greatest event in coh2 history (and IMO still is more or less) was really dampened by how stupid brits were at release.

Other cotenders include shocks in an M3 and OKW volks only being 5 pop cap. I felt very dirty in a 4v4 where I had 20 volk squads... WFA was kind of bad.

TA with 3000 HP and 200 damage was bad. Its funny looking back that people complained about windustry 6 minute T70 and now we have 6:30 t70.

But honestly, the game in its current state is basically unrecognizable from release. I would recommend going to imperial dane channel or some other caster and see what games were like in 2013 at release.

EDIT: I think the least amount of time I spent on the game was LEIG and Pack Howitzer suppression. I still can't believe their "fix" was to get rid of autofacing...
27 Oct 2016, 20:10 PM
Donator 11

When you consider that scheldt was probably played more often than all other maps combined in coh1, you get the picture of kind of data relic based their decision on...
27 Oct 2016, 20:12 PM

Brit Release

Commandos
Croc
Impenetrable Churchill

and the insane bugs that came with the release (Across map vikers and command buff spam)

Never forget when Romeo beat barton by making 3 churchills. Barton had 7 or 8 PAK40s and couldn't even penetrate enough to kill one.
28 Oct 2016, 14:32 PM

Ah yes, I remember when the game first came out. And what did we have? A T-70 that could crush infantry (before crushing someone throwing a nade/shooting a shrek did damage) and circle-strafe a P-4 no problem. The "racecar" Panther that could cross steppes in like 30 seconds, and the hilarity of ramming a Tiger Ace which at the time stopped resources for the rest of the game. (Later changed to 10 minutes) But enough reminiscing time for some of my top WTF Relic moments.

1. Making ramming useless, I get that it was OP as shit, but at least give some complimentary buffs. The T-34 is completely useless outside of a 1V1 rush tactic.

2. Nerfing the B-4 because of precision shot but then never buffing it when precision shot was removed.

3. Refusing to make the KV-1 a regular Soviet unit

4. American mortars

5. Some of the bugs, although they were often hilarious: Soundbug, machine-gun stuart/sherman, on-release brit tanks, and of course the "I say I'm going to throw this grenade, but nah"

6. The molotov being left behind in terms of usefulness

7. Never making any of the old and useless commanders better, especially for the Soviets and Ostheer

8. That brief time when PTRS's where broken as shit, granted CAS was also around at that time.

9. PPSH's that one time when they were reduced to 20MU with almost no nerfs. Then of course they were nerfed into the ground for awhile.

10. Volk panzershrek blobs

11. The DsHK being on 0CP

12. That bulletin that required you to kill 5 tigers with the M-42

13. Removing the medal screen that showed all the achievements you had

14. Plane crashes. I used to use scout planes around Schwere just for the crash alone.

15. Soviet Sniper cars
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS