Login

russian armor

The times you went "wtf relic?" coh2 patch history

23 Oct 2016, 10:21 AM

WTF: the fact that there has never been any patch to be able to change your keys ingame.
23 Oct 2016, 10:42 AM

Since the very beginning of coh2, I don't recall any panther nerf. There is something called power creep in this game since wfa though.
The Panther is infact the most nerfed unit in the game.

I remember patches where:

- German Vet 2 tank bonuses were reduced immensely. The Panthers Vet 2 bonues then was cut even further than that of the Panzer IV.
- The Panthers base health was reduced and implented into Vet 2.
- Blitzkrieg was nerfed.
- Vehicle smoke was made more expensive (rightfully so).
- Several price changes. The most notable would be the OKW increase to 200 fuel. It´s arguable how the ressource system overhaul compensated for that. Strangely the KT got cheaper despite the greater fuel income.

Especially the vet nerf hit the Panther hard. For my taste too hard. With the power creep you mentioned (the increased penetration of all AT units and the introduction of Comets etc.) the Panther can´t compete for cost. The pre nerf Panther might have stood a chance.

23 Oct 2016, 10:53 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

My favorite is the PTSD-inducing soundbug.
23 Oct 2016, 11:04 AM

the introduction of the US mortar
23 Oct 2016, 11:20 AM

Permanently Banned

I liked this one better, I had so much fun with it lol

Man you are :loco:.
23 Oct 2016, 12:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2016, 18:36 PMButcher
1st Wtf: Bringing back emplacements with Brits. A lot of people hated this concept in Coh1. And it made Coh1 a worse game.

2nd Wtf: When I heard about brace. Sure, make everything about Sim City worse.

3rd Wtf: The introduction of the Cancer Commander. :hyper:

4th Wtf: The Panther nerfs. I don´t remember whether it was terrible before Brits arrived or whether it reached this state later. This honestly made me think "Germans can´t have nice things".

5th Wtf: When Katitof declared that Coh2 is finally well balanced around two months ago.

Let's just ban the British altogether then!

To OP: my biggest wtf moment was when I saw your grammar.
23 Oct 2016, 12:15 PM

ptrs, partisan, british, usf mortar
23 Oct 2016, 12:16 PM

Let's just ban the British altogether then!

Of course not. But as a matter of fact they changed Coh2 for the worse.
23 Oct 2016, 15:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2016, 10:53 AMwouren
My favorite is the PTSD-inducing soundbug.

Dear god, that was a complete nightmare to deal with. There was a times I refused to wear headphones for a month because of that.
23 Oct 2016, 15:31 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Mass conscript PTRS, quite literally blowing weapon teams away. 1 cp Soviet elite infantry

120 mp ostruppen outnumbering the SOVIETS in every way.

Making close air support command available to everyone

Partisan patch where they had STGs and were buggy as fuck(capturing weapon teams with them would give you a full invisi weapon team with STGs)

And of course the past 6 months with this us mortar, broken in about 10 ways, still barely actually touched.

unfortunately I could quite literally name 100 more things.
23 Oct 2016, 16:32 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I liked this one better, I had so much fun with it lol

If you lost on 3v3+ as Axis during beta and release, then that means you were a noob or someone who didn't learn the power of the

Notable things i forgot to mention on tome 1:
-Clowncar, specially the sniper variation.
-Skillplanes. Each plane crash tells a story.
-Company of houses and the crit of doom (flamer, explosives and houses collapsing)
-PV spam was real on teamgames. It was countered by OP T34 ram spam.
-Call in spam. T3485s, Tigers, IS2s. Teamgames include ISU152 n Ele.

23 Oct 2016, 16:45 PM

Close Air Support. :foreveralone:
23 Oct 2016, 16:47 PM
Patrion 14

friend upgrades to 1070. after 30 minute mark:

me: hey what's your framerate, mine's 'bout 30.

him: 33.

:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
23 Oct 2016, 16:58 PM

Permanently Banned
Remeber opel blitz that work for all player in team, it was awesome teamplay at 3v3 and 4v4 4Head.
23 Oct 2016, 17:18 PM

If you lost on 3v3+ as Axis during beta and release, then that means you were a noob or someone who didn't learn the power of the

Notable things i forgot to mention on tome 1:
-Clowncar, specially the sniper variation.
-Skillplanes. Each plane crash tells a story.
-Company of houses and the crit of doom (flamer, explosives and houses collapsing)
-PV spam was real on teamgames. It was countered by OP T34 ram spam.
-Call in spam. T3485s, Tigers, IS2s. Teamgames include ISU152 n Ele.

Why on earth instantly these attacks lol, it is just a funny video. Man these forums :snfPeter:
23 Oct 2016, 17:18 PM

Man you are :loco:.

Can`t see the joke in anything huh!
23 Oct 2016, 18:35 PM
Donator 11

In fact first time I had this "wtf relic" feeling was when they decided to give ost 4th man on team weapons, under the pressure of some guys who thought its too much of a difference between factions.

The second big time, when they decided to add USF, becouse american players whined about it.

Lastly, when the added pershing and calliOP, for same reason.
23 Oct 2016, 19:40 PM

In fact first time I had this "wtf relic" feeling was when they decided to give ost 4th man on team weapons, under the pressure of some guys who thought its too much of a difference between factions.

I believe this had more to do with Russian mortars (all variants) having precision strike and one hit nuking Ostheer weapon teams. They could of course have removed precision strike first, but no..

Also if you lost one model on a mortar or a pak40, it would mean that the next model loss would be instant death, so it came down to losing one model and then having to reinforce or lose all your vet and the unit the next hit.
23 Oct 2016, 20:05 PM
Donator 11

I believe this had more to do with Russian mortars (all variants) having precision strike and one hit nuking Ostheer weapon teams. They could of course have removed precision strike first, but no..

Also if you lost one model on a mortar or a pak40, it would mean that the next model loss would be instant death, so it came down to losing one model and then having to reinforce or lose all your vet and the unit the next hit.

Mind that in coh1 all team weapons were 3 men. And nobody complained. The only issue I can see is that precision strike, though it's worth mentioning how much more effective dps wise was every wehrmacht team weapon than soviet one. And you could reinforce them all the time with flame ht.
23 Oct 2016, 21:12 PM

Mind that in coh1 all team weapons were 3 men. And nobody complained. The only issue I can see is that precision strike, though it's worth mentioning how much more effective dps wise was every wehrmacht team weapon than soviet one. And you could reinforce them all the time with flame ht.

There you have it, coh1 had 3 men weapon teams for all factions yes, but in CoH2 vanilla you had soviet weapon teams with 6 men facing 3 men Ostheer weapon teams and had the tools to one shot the Ostheer weapon teams whilst the Ostheer weapon teams never had that capability because of 6 men. That wasn't anywhere near fair so they changed it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 32
United States 2
South Africa 1
unknown 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %